ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Stupid Tourist Tricks
Bwana 07:51 AM 05-15-2016

It's off to a fast start already this year! A list of incidents involving people trying to obtain the coveted Darwin Award. I will keep you up to date of all the stupid tourist tricks.

This yesterday: We thought it was cold! (this is a first) :-)
http://www.ktvq.com/story/31975424/y...ed-it-was-cold

How this lady lived and was not gored is beyond me: Buy a Powerball ticket lady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfk1O9_quxs

This from last week: Amazing no one got taken out:
http://www.krtv.com/story/31915893/v...nal-park-video

Much of the time, this is what happens: Fat guy vs Bison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvTHOrTf_Y

At this rate, it should be a record year for goring incidents, Chinese tourists seem particularly clueless. So far no goring's, but it's coming.

If you have any from your area, post them up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:00 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I’ve seen more dangerous dismounts at most rodeos. Kid landed on her feet. Probably scared shitless, but what do you do.
She was treated at the base of the mountain and went home. Didn't even go to the hospital.

But I at least hope her parents see that video and realize what fuckstains they are for leaving her there. They got lucky that outcome wasn't far, far worse.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:01 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Remind me what your dear leader did during the Vietnam War again? There must be endless heroic battle stories to tell.
Kindly fuck the fuck off and keep this shit in DC. Thanks.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:02 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Those two dudes were PUSSIES and let this girl get tossed like a rag doll.

Such courage and protection of a young girl. They must be Dem voters
Keep your political bullshit in DC.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:02 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You wouldn't?

Look, bottom line is that you'd get fucked up. No, you probably wouldn't change the outcome a ton. But if you were walking within 10 yards of a buffalo and saw it charging, you really don't think your first reaction would be to at least grab your child and try to get out of the way?

Those two just peaced out and left their elementary aged child fend for herself. That's shitty and I don't see any argument to the contrary.
If it was my daughter, absolutely. If it was someone else's kid, I'd like to think so, but I've never truly been in that situation. I've tried to keep other peoples kids from eating shit, but not at risk to my own safety.

My guess it will be a reaction thing, not a calculated decision.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:20 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Agreed, but he was responding to political bullshit; i.e. I think that was the point.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:35 PM 07-24-2019
I was in Yellowstone last month and saw a mother grizzly bear with two young cubs as we drove down a road. I would've stayed in the car, but there were fifty tourists out taking pictures of them from a distance of less than 100 feet. I got out at 200 feet and figured I'd be safe since the grizzly had 50 mauling candidates in place before it would even consider me.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:37 PM 07-24-2019
It's quite possible Brooke mistook the kid for a macaroni and simply charged.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:48 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If it was my daughter, absolutely. If it was someone else's kid, I'd like to think so, but I've never truly been in that situation. I've tried to keep other peoples kids from eating shit, but not at risk to my own safety.

My guess it will be a reaction thing, not a calculated decision.
Initial reports were that this was their kid.

And you're absolutely right - gut reaction. I'm just surprised that this particular set of parents doesn't seem to have said instinct.
[Reply]
scho63 03:49 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Some random FL assshole parents let their kid walk dangerously close to a bison, and you’re saying you’d stand your ground and protect her?

Easy to say, keyboard crusader.
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I know, if only they had better protection.

Like a net or something...
2 Betas for sure.

I wouldn't run like a little puss and leave a female family member and never one of 7-12 defend herself.
[Reply]
scho63 03:50 PM 07-24-2019
Kindly fuck the fuck off and keep this shit in DC. Thanks.
Fuck you and fuck you again...........
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:51 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You wouldn't?

Look, bottom line is that you'd get ****ed up. No, you probably wouldn't change the outcome a ton. But if you were walking within 10 yards of a buffalo and saw it charging, you really don't think your first reaction would be to at least grab your child and try to get out of the way?

Those two just peaced out and left their elementary aged child fend for herself. That's shitty and I don't see any argument to the contrary.
I’m not sure if the two in the video are the parents. If they are, then, sure, **** them.

If not, I hope I’d help, but there’s a substantial non-zero possibility the flight instinct kicks in.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:10 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
**** you and **** you again...........
Why did you decide to make it political? Are you able to articulate that reasoning?
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:20 PM 07-24-2019
We need a scho-whisperer.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:07 AM 05-21-2020
Yellowstone was reopened only two days before this happened...

Originally Posted by :
Woman injured by bison in Yellowstone National Park

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK — A woman was injured by a bison in Yellowstone National Park Wednesday afternoon.

The animal knocked the visitor to the ground after she approached too closely in the Old Faithful Upper Geyser Basin area of the park, according to a news release.

Emergency medical providers responded to the incident immediately and the woman was assessed but she refused to be transported to the hospital.

This is the first incident of a bison injuring a visitor in 2020.

Park officials encourage all visitors to stay 25 yards away from all large animals and at least 100 yards away from bears and wolves.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...national-park/

[Reply]
Bwana 07:35 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yellowstone was reopened only two days before this happened...
It starts...

This from a few days ago:

Woman falls into thermal feature after illegally entering Yellowstone National Park, park officials say

A woman suffered burns after falling into a thermal feature at Yellowstone National Park on Tuesday, according to the park officials.

Yellowstone has been closed to visitors since March 24 due to the coronavirus pandemic. The woman “illegally entered the park,” the National Park Service (NPS) said in a statement.

She told park rangers she was backing up to take pictures when she fell into a thermal feature at the Old Faithful Geyser, one of the most famous geyser’s in the world.

After falling, the woman, who was not identified by park officials, was able to get in her vehicle and drive through the park when she was contacted by rangers. Due to her injuries, she was life-flighted to the Burn Center at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, park officials said.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/...officials-say/

[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up