ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 226 of 240
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:52 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, we destroyed them for a quarter, they adjusted, and after that their defense had little trouble stifling our offense, in both games. Our pass catchers doing them favors was a common trend in both games as well. ****ing Hardman blew TDs in both games with his idiocy.
That's simply not true though. After the first quarter Mahomes and co were still dicing up that defense and were inside the ten with the score 17-0 but then Pat fumbled. Then after that we scored another TD in the third quarter. Then in the fourth Mecole and Pat messed up a certain TD and then we got a field goal. After that we kept the ball for four minutes to ice the game. That's not "stifling" anything imo otherwise why didn't they get the ball back when they needed it?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:57 AM 02-13-2021
This rigged stuff is such nonsense.

Surprised that Reid called those timeouts at the end of the half? You shouldn’t be. We knew Reid was going ultra-aggressive in these playoffs. Look back no further than the last drive in the Browns game. The guy calls 4 pass plays in a row with Chad Henne.

I found that sequence far more head-scratching than I did his timeouts at the end of the half trying to give the ball back to Mahomes. Yet because one worked and the other didn’t there’s some feeling that one was a mistake and the other was brilliance.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:13 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This rigged stuff is such nonsense.
Tell that to Dwight Smith (link below - listen to what he has to say)

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The idea of players and coaches being in on any rigging of games is so ludicrous.

These guys' jobs and salaries depend on their performance. They aren't going to risk their livelihoods just to rig a game for ratings.
They do what their bosses tell them to do, just like anyone else with a job. The idea that you think they're somehow "risking their livelihood just to rig a game for ratings" is where YOU'RE being ludicrous - because that's what the NFL pays them to do in the first place

But don't take my word for it - listen to someone who's been there :

https://953wdae.iheart.com/alternate...mpression=true
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:51 AM 02-13-2021
I wasted 10 minutes of my life and listened to it. And it was every bit as worthless as I thought it would be.

So thousands of people have played in the NFL. Many of them fringe players who never made much of a living financially and were discarded when they got injured. Many of them who would have real animosity toward the sport. None of them allege anything like this.

But one random former player happens to say the game is rigged without a shred of real evidence and suddenly you’re convinced.

It’s not even worth going back and forth on this. I can maybe accept that the refs have an incentive to skew a game, but the idea that these games are scripted is so ludicrous. And anyone who truly believes that is a complete moron that can go storm Area 51 with BlackOp.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:01 AM 02-13-2021
I understand being upset about the loss, how poorly the Chiefs o line played and a few questionable penalties which really came at the wrong time. It's understandable to want to come up with reasons for the poor performance.

To me, it's pretty simple: losing Fisher along with the other injuries on the offensive line really limited what the Chiefs were able to do, add the Britt Reid 'accident' and the lack of pressure the defensive line was putting on teams and it was clear to me early on that there was no way that the Chiefs were going to win.

And yes, it would have been a really bad look for the NFL if the Chiefs and Reid would have won after Britt Reid put a child in the hospital. That was, I believe, a factor that can't be ignored however it's not why they lost.
[Reply]
swifty32661 09:06 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I haven't read the conversation since this thread got bumped. Nor do I freakin care to.

Here's what I know.

We got to this year's Super Bowl because of Andy Reid.

We WON last year's Super Bowl because of Andy Reid.

You can be frustrated with Andy Reid's decisions in this year's Super Bowl. And again, I'm not sure if anybody has been saying this because I didn't read what people bumped, but if anybody IS saying that Andy Reid is still a bad head coach because of gameday decisions, then they deserve some Adam Gase tard as their head coach.

After all, I heard Gase knew how to use timeouts! Well shit... why the hell are we even keeping Andy around? Sign that guy's ass up!
"We WON last year's Super Bowl because of Andy Reid." how the hell do you figure? Chiefs should have lost last year..if it wasn't a borderline miracle pass to Hill (and note, if it had been any other ref crew Fisher probably would have been called for holding) Reid ends up most likely losing 2 SB's in a row. Chiefs win in spite of Reid, not because of him. Mahomes is the reason we've been to two SB's in a row. Period.
[Reply]
TEX 09:25 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by swifty32661:
"We WON last year's Super Bowl because of Andy Reid." how the hell do you figure? Chiefs should have lost last year..if it wasn't a borderline miracle pass to Hill (and note, if it had been any other ref crew Fisher probably would have been called for holding) Reid ends up most likely losing 2 SB's in a row. Chiefs win in spite of Reid, not because of him. Mahomes is the reason we've been to two SB's in a row. Period.

SO much dumbassery here. Period.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:07 AM 02-13-2021
If you think that pass was a miracle, you know shit about football.

Reid had been setting the niners up with that same formation all game.

Hill was going to be wide open. Mahomes knew it. All he needed was time to get it off, hence the 15 yard drop back, and the throw to THE SPOT he knew Hill was going to be.

Hill was so wide open he stopped and waited on it to catch it.

Reid has his flaws, certainly. But his ability to set up defenses and scheme guys open is extremely elite.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:57 AM 02-13-2021
Relax. We'll win the SB again in the next couple years and everything will be peachy.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:06 PM 02-13-2021
You think we're even getting to the Super Bowl with Todd fucking Haley?

How about a coach whose dick everybody loooooves to suck for his in-game decisions-- Mike Vrabel. You really fucking think Mike Vrabel and whatever Arthur Smith/Jimmy Raye/Paul Hackett asshole OC he hires gets Mahomes playing to the peak of his ability like this? You love Vrabel for his use of timeouts and "clock management" but aren't wise enough to see how the team isn't or wouldn't be as explosive as Andy Reid has them.

Speaking of which, let's go back to that "miracle pass" you're talking about. Who fucking drew that shit up? Hmm? Who did it?

Yeah, get fucked. Andy Reid was the perfect coach to get us to the promised land last year. We don't get there with Matt Nagy or any of Reid's cronies. We needed Andy Reid, and we got him. Thus, we got the ring.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:20 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It’s not even worth going back and forth on this. I can maybe accept that the refs have an incentive to skew a game, but the idea that these games are scripted is so ludicrous. And anyone who truly believes that is a complete moron that can go storm Area 51 with BlackOp.
See, and when I thought the Chiefs were going to break records in this most recent Super Bowl, it didn't occur to me that it would be a record number of penalties in a half...

Wasn't it an amazing coincidence how the Chiefs were always getting flagged for holding and DPI...and Tampa couldn't get a penalty, even when Suh punched Mahomes in the face?

Such amazing coincidences...

It's so WWE, Okafor should have powerbomed Brady on the next series and took him out of the game. Seriously.

If they were just gonna throw flags on us for phantom infractions, and NOT call Tampa for anything (which is what happened), we should've went all Longest Yard on that ass.

Because it was obviously not unbiased in the way the refs called that game. It was terribly one-sided.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 02:38 PM 02-13-2021
Not sure about Reid being issue for losing or reason for winning.

Team was not executing and Reid and Bieniemy couldn't come up with something to get the Chiefs a TD.

Buccaneers (Bowles) had the answer for everything Chiefs did.

Stuff happens.
I accept the Bucs outplayed the Chiefs.
No more crying in your beer fellas.

Hopefully KC org is getting busy to do things that get KC ready for a repeat visit to SB.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:09 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:

Buccaneers (Bowles) had the answer for everything Chiefs did.
Reminds me of what Dwight Smith said :

"We knew everything the Raiders were going to do. The outcome was predetermined...why do you think we had an answer for everything they did?"

It's those things that make ya go "yeah..."
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:11 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
This loss was about 4 things, IMO:

1. Injuries along the OL - the Right side of the OL was an abortion.
2. Poor execution and lack of playmaking from our key playmakers, not named Mahomes
3. Critical penalties at far too many critical times
4. Britt Reid Accident

Now, I hated, hated, HATED the fact that we were calling timeouts before half that ultimately led to Tampa's TD. They were more than willing to run that clock out and we helped them stay in the series. Huge mistake, IMO. That said, we are an aggressive team. THAT is our nature. Sometimes you win with it, and sometimes it bites you in the ass. That bit our ass. Other than that, the Staff did what they could, with what they had. Hard to blame Andy for much more than that.
You have to adjust to the situation and team though. Bucs showed against the Bucs what they can do at the end of the half. It was stupid to call TOs there.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:10 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You have to adjust to the situation and team though. Bucs showed against the Bucs what they can do at the end of the half. It was stupid to call TOs there.
Agreed.

If your aggressive MOJO is working then okay, BUT we did NOT have the MOJO and Andy got desperate and should have settled going into the locker room. This is what panic and distraction do to you. You lose perspective.
[Reply]
Page 226 of 240
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236 > Last »
Up