ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 240
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:22 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't know where anyone would think our offense went sideways. I've made that comment in the past because Reid typically throws too many sideways short passes in protect the lead situations. And mahomes checks down. But that wasn't at all the case. If anything we were maybe over aggressive at times. Our pass attack was very aggressive in the second half.

For some reason our third down pass offense was really bad in the last 5 drives. But that seemed a lot more an execution problem than Reid. Too many sacks.
the horizontal game with the bubbles/flats/rpo is a huge part of Reids spread. The defense has to respect the flats when any of their 3wr can take a screen for 8+. They didnt throw too many of them (if any) so Indy could squat on those 3rd and longs. Thats when the rush gets to mahommes. 3rd and 5 or less, good luck stopping this spread.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:34 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
I think you saw your Mahomes blue print yesterday, get him a defense and running game; you're not losing.
Ya' no shit. Get that defense in to top 20 overall or better, and it becomes very hard for Mahomes to lose a game.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:36 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
the horizontal game with the bubbles/flats/rpo is a huge part of Reids spread. The defense has to respect the flats when any of their 3wr can take a screen for 8+. They didnt throw too many of them (if any) so Indy could squat on those 3rd and longs. Thats when the rush gets to mahommes. 3rd and 5 or less, good luck stopping this spread.
usually in second halves Reid replaces the run game with conservative sideways stuff. He does those things regularly but especially in the second half. These are conservative calls so I don't like when people say Reid abandons the run in the second half therefore he's too aggressive. He's been too conservative in the past.

He called the second half yesterday like I want him to. Don't abandon the run. Don't be afraid to throw vertical. Thought we did that well. We just didn't execute on third passing downs for whatever reason.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:39 AM 01-13-2019
Mahomes magic.
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 07:40 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
usually in second halves Reid replaces the run game with conservative sideways stuff. He does those things regularly but especially in the second half. These are conservative calls so I don't like when people say Reid abandons the run in the second half therefore he's too aggressive. He's been too conservative in the past.

He called the second half yesterday like I want him to. Don't abandon the run. Don't be afraid to throw vertical. Thought we did that well. We just didn't execute on third passing downs for whatever reason.
The Colts defense threw the kitchen sink at Mahomes in the second half - lots of stunting, lots of mixing zone with blitzes, etc. They tried...
[Reply]
milkman 08:27 AM 01-13-2019
I'll say this.
Finally having a real QB gives me an appreciation for Reid's creative play calling.
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 08:40 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by milkman:
I'll say this.
Finally having a real QB gives me an appreciation for Reid's creative play calling.
Hear, here! Finally having a real QB gives me an appreciation for ketchup on Mac and cheese.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:14 AM 01-13-2019
The snowball incident is starting to get national attention this morning. Reid looking smart & grandfatherly
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 09:21 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
The snowball incident is starting to get national attention this morning. Reid looking smart & grandfatherly
Fucking Rain Man and Twisted Chief up there...
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:26 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by milkman:
I'll say this.
Agreed
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:34 AM 01-13-2019
Wha? It was a beuuuteeful throw!
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:34 AM 01-13-2019
My only gripe yesterday was the run play selection in the third quarter. They went to the well too many times with the outside zone/RPO, along with the jet to Watkins. That Colts D flows fast and the 1st down production started slipping. I was screaming at the TV, “Run Power”, and sure as shit they sprinkled one or two in for healthy gains. The short motion fake jets/off tackle runs and their Power runs are usually their most productive. I like the Williams’ boys going downhill at the mesh point, not sideways.

But I get that the outside sones set up a lot of the quick slant and short passing attack throws. I expect Andy pocketed a few option plays too - thought we’d see one on one of the 4th down conversion attempts....
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 09:35 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Agreed
It's amazing how having a QB with the physical ability to actually get the ball to a receiver so quickly changed the parameters of what Reid's offense is actually capable of...

After watching Matt Cassel and Alex Smith, I really should've applied myself more - I could've fleeced some team out of $63 or $71 million or so. I can definitely throw interceptions and fumble as good as Cassel. That dude is still riding pine and drawing a paycheck, and he can barely secure the snap from center.

Smith's screen passes seemed to haaaaaaaaang in the air, and defenders were able to respond to them quicker - PMII throws the screen with such velocity and so accurately, the receiver has the ball and is moving before the defense can adjust.

Even the simple little stuff that is better under Mahomes, he makes the WHOLE THING better! I love watching football again
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 09:44 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
My only gripe yesterday was the run play selection in the third quarter. They went to the wheel too many times with the outside zone/RPO, along with the jet to Watkins. That Colts D flows fast and the 1st down production started slipping. I was screaming at the TV, “Run Power”, and sure as shit they sprinkled one or two in for healthy gains. The short motion fake jets/off tackle runs and their Power runs are usually their most productive. I like the Williams’ boys going downhill at the mesh point, not sideways.

But I get that the outside sones set up a lot of the quick slant and short passing attack throws. I expect Andy pocketed a few option plays too - thought we’d see one on one of the 4th down conversion attempts....
Some of that is on Mahomes to read the Safety or Mike LB and actually hand the ball off to the running back. That's why it's a 'run-pass option". Mahomes has the option of either handing the ball off or passing it. We've seen him stick the ball into the RB's hands and then pull it away to pass at the last second. Mahomes is already better at the RPO than anyone, but he needs to exercise the RUN part a little bit more often, imo, and the 3rd qtr would have been perfect for that. They have power and iso out of RPO - it just needs to be utilized more. I was screaming it at the TV and in the game thread. "RUN UP THE MIDDLE", because we were gouging them for like a 6 yard average at that point. Plus, the Colts started blitzing more and mixing their zones with man unders and zone blitzes, and they started getting a little too close to PMII. Running the ball is great way to slow that pass rush down.

Idk, I'm glad we won. But we'll have to eliminate bad football more and play play more good football to beat the Patriots next week.

And make no mistake - we'll be playing the Patriots. And I want to BEAT them, not just win, but crush their fucking will.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:47 AM 01-13-2019
Let's not let-up the pressure on Reid, he could easily fall off the wagon and back into some of those head coaching tendencies that lead to the creation of this thread.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 240
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up