ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 240
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:46 PM 01-03-2019
Yes, being the 'Tony Gonzales's" of the NFL is delightful. Thanks Andy!
[Reply]
teedubya 12:37 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So Shula, Holmgren, Belichick and Reid are the only coaches to do it twice.

And Holmgren and Reid are the only to do it with two different teams.

Rare air.
Dude. Belichick...

Bill Belichick - New England
2003 to 2007, 2009 to 2018

he has won the division EVERY fucking year, EXCEPT FOR ONLY ONE FUCKING YEAR, 2008...

That's crazy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
And what if we are one and done at home again?
Just stop. You're trying to psyche yourself out and it's just making you look miserable...
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:58 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Dude. Belichick...

he has won the division EVERY ****ing year, EXCEPT FOR ONLY ONE ****ING YEAR, 2008...

That's crazy.
If I remember correctly, that's the year that Pollard took out Brady in game 1 and Cassel started that year. They still went 11-5, but missed the playoffs. I hope that the Chiefs can be close to that successful during the Mahomes era.
[Reply]
DelFan 02:21 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He also won the first playoff game in 24 years or whatever and 11 games in a row since this thread was made. I get that it's all about championships and if Andy doesnt produce one in the next 3 years it might be time to evaluate some things as a guys message eventually gets old but sheesh calling a coach who's top 10 in wins "terrible" is just idiotic.
The warning was spread far and wide before Andy coached his first game in KC. Being a Chiefs fan from about 73-74 and an Eagles fan from about 79 I have an unusual position in this. I live 30-minutes south of Philly so I get all of the Eagles coverage. I was so happy when Andy left Philly and cried when KC got him. I doubt anyone ever said he is a TOTALLY awful coach - the Eagles had a LOT of success with him. Plenty of good talent, many wins, post-season presence often and an occasional bad season. For someone who is a quarterback guru he sure didn't handle McNabb all that well. Let's run the west coast dink and dunk offense with a strong and mobile quarterback with a big arm - but has trouble throwing short and sometimes the intermediate routes. (Look up McNabb's worm burners.) The problem wasn't getting to important games, it was the coaching and decisions in them that had you screaming at your television - not the failures of the players. Most fans eventually came to the conclusion it would never change so why keep going on with it.

Go and rewatch the end of the 2005 Super Bowl from about 5:40 and beyond. Assume it is your Chiefs playing like that and tell me what you think of the coaching there. Down 2-scores in the SB - if that doesn't get you moving what will? And nobody to receive the punt?

I remember the KC fans were excited to see Andy come in and the warnings were dismissed with the idea that any danger due to Andy's coaching foibles would be worth it just to play meaningful football in January. How does it taste now? Everyone has seen it with their own eyes for many years here and it is undeniable. "IN GAME" coaching is Andy's big flaw. He's decent at putting together a talented team and working with them throughout the week. (Note to the defense struggles lately.)

You are not always going to win even as the best team, but we should have easily had 2 more wins this year. And I will be sweating bullets in the 2nd half of a close playoff game if that is what we see this year. Our only hope is to bury the other team with our offense and kill their spirit before the game becomes interesting. Andy can be both bold and smart in the early part of games but when you need those qualities in the 4th quarter you won't get them. I just wonder if, at the end of the game, Mahomes has the fortitude to toss out some dumb call by Andy and audible to a better play when looking at the defense. We need the players to overcome the weak coaching in close games.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:29 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by DelFan:
The warning was spread far and wide before Andy coached his first game in KC. Being a Chiefs fan from about 73-74 and an Eagles fan from about 79 I have an unusual position in this. I live 30-minutes south of Philly so I get all of the Eagles coverage. I was so happy when Andy left Philly and cried when KC got him. I doubt anyone ever said he is a TOTALLY awful coach - the Eagles had a LOT of success with him. Plenty of good talent, many wins, post-season presence often and an occasional bad season. For someone who is a quarterback guru he sure didn't handle McNabb all that well. Let's run the west coast dink and dunk offense with a strong and mobile quarterback with a big arm - but has trouble throwing short and sometimes the intermediate routes. (Look up McNabb's worm burners.) The problem wasn't getting to important games, it was the coaching and decisions in them that had you screaming at your television - not the failures of the players. Most fans eventually came to the conclusion it would never change so why keep going on with it.

Go and rewatch the end of the 2005 Super Bowl from about 5:40 and beyond. Assume it is your Chiefs playing like that and tell me what you think of the coaching there. Down 2-scores in the SB - if that doesn't get you moving what will? And nobody to receive the punt?

I remember the KC fans were excited to see Andy come in and the warnings were dismissed with the idea that any danger due to Andy's coaching foibles would be worth it just to play meaningful football in January. How does it taste now? Everyone has seen it with their own eyes for many years here and it is undeniable. "IN GAME" coaching is Andy's big flaw. He's decent at putting together a talented team and working with them throughout the week. (Note to the defense struggles lately.)

You are not always going to win even as the best team, but we should have easily had 2 more wins this year. And I will be sweating bullets in the 2nd half of a close playoff game if that is what we see this year. Our only hope is to bury the other team with our offense and kill their spirit before the game becomes interesting. Andy can be both bold and smart in the early part of games but when you need those qualities in the 4th quarter you won't get them. I just wonder if, at the end of the game, Mahomes has the fortitude to toss out some dumb call by Andy and audible to a better play when looking at the defense. We need the players to overcome the weak coaching in close games.
Quality post. I've said it for years; "out-kicking Reid's coverage". It's the ONLY way this thing is going to work beyond December. The offense can do it, Mahomes can certainly do it. Now, they have to get the defense built up to something resembling a classic, Chiefs defense and THEN there will be possibilities.
Without that? Fuckin' forgetta' bout it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:49 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Dude. Belichick...

he has won the division EVERY fucking year, EXCEPT FOR ONLY ONE FUCKING YEAR, 2008...

That's crazy.
Well that's what happens when you essentially get 6 free games a year.

Other than Rex's Jets for a year or 2, that entire division has been an absolute shit show since the days of Marino and Kelly.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:55 AM 01-04-2019
Widely considered an offensive genius who is revolutionizing the NFL, yet a terrible coach. Makes sense dudes.

Let’s see...post-Andy Philly has averaged 9 wins per year and had one season in which they won at least one playoff game. If they hadn’t won big last year, the post-Andy period is a huge failure.

It remains to be seen how consistently successful Pederson can be, but more than likely, the SB year is a big-time outlier and they’ll be a middling franchise that struggles to make the postseason.

Is an Eagles fan happy just to break through once vs having someone who had them in the mix every year and took them to the NFC championship in nearly half his seasons as HC?

If you’re honest with yourself, you couldn’t have expected Andy to best the likes of Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger with Alex Smith and a bad defense...could you?

With Mahomes and likely major defensive changes coming, the sky’s the limit.
[Reply]
Don Corlemahomes 06:16 AM 01-04-2019
Counterpoint: No he isn't
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:01 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Widely considered an offensive genius who is revolutionizing the NFL, yet a terrible coach. Makes sense dudes.

Let’s see...post-Andy Philly has averaged 9 wins per year and had one season in which they won at least one playoff game. If they hadn’t won big last year, the post-Andy period is a huge failure.

It remains to be seen how consistently successful Pederson can be, but more than likely, the SB year is a big-time outlier and they’ll be a middling franchise that struggles to make the postseason.

Is an Eagles fan happy just to break through once vs having someone who had them in the mix every year and took them to the NFC championship in nearly half his seasons as HC?

If you’re honest with yourself, you couldn’t have expected Andy to best the likes of Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger with Alex Smith and a bad defense...could you?

With Mahomes and likely major defensive changes coming, the sky’s the limit.
Really? Are you honestly asking if Eagles fans are happy with a coach who led the team to the franchise's first ever Super Bowl victory? A coach, who is his second season, won the Super Bowl? I'm pretty sure that 100% of Eagles fans are fucking thrilled they got rid of Andy Reid.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:09 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
I stand by this.
Incredibly accurate.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:28 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Chiefs had top 10 defenses in 2014-2015.

For the record.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:44 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Really? Are you honestly asking if Eagles fans are happy with a coach who led the team to the franchise's first ever Super Bowl victory? A coach, who is his second season, won the Super Bowl? I'm pretty sure that 100% of Eagles fans are fucking thrilled they got rid of Andy Reid.
Seconded. And the guy inherited a complete post-moron dumpster fire on top of that. Did he win coach of the year? He damned well should have.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:49 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Chiefs had top 10 defenses in 2014-2015.

For the record.
The good news is; all we have to do is shit-can Reid, promote from within, and we've got this bitch locked up.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:57 AM 01-04-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Page 116 of 240
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Up