ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 297 of 332
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
The Franchise 03:55 PM 02-03-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is how'd I'd play it. Covers both main event spots.

Rock vs Reigns is a match I'd like to see. But then Cody finally beating Roman night 2 is what should happen.
It wouldn’t remove the stink they’ve added to this all but it would at least be a favorable outcome.

It really should be Gunther challenging Seth.
[Reply]
TLO 03:56 PM 02-03-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It wouldn’t remove the stink they’ve added to this all but it would at least be a favorable outcome.

I don't know who you have to beat Gunther for the IC title though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:57 PM 02-03-2024
I don't know who you have to beat Gunther for the IC title though.
There are any number of guys who would do well.

Sami Zayn. Jey Uso. Chad Gable.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:09 PM 02-03-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Yep. Even if they pivot Roman buried the entire roster 6 feet deep with that promo on Rollins and his belt, and it was made all the worse by Rhodes meekly bowing out of the way for Rock. The damage has been done, only thing to do now is mitigate it as much as they can.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:12 PM 02-03-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
From everything I've seen this isn't Hunter. In fact, it seems that Rock went over his head to get the match.
The Rock is going to Black Adam WrestleMania.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:26 PM 02-03-2024
This is how'd I'd play it. Covers both main event spots.

Rock vs Reigns is a match I'd like to see. But then Cody finally beating Roman night 2 is what should happen.
Why? Rock hasn't wrestled a match in 11 years. Last time he did he tore muscles and the dude is gassed after one move and a promo. The match will suck big ones.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:27 PM 02-03-2024
It's backfired massively. Only reason you do this is for the casual fan and media attention. They sure got it. The angle has the most dislikes EVER for a WWE video, well over 300k at this point, the #1 hashtag on Twitter at one point was #WeWantCody, and most of the media coverage is about the backlash, not Rock vs Roman.

Now, if this was some 5d chess move to divert the controversy away from McMahon then nice try, but as soon as the next domino drops there it'll be right back to being one of the main story in the media.

I don't think they could've botched the post Rumble fallout much worse even if they were actively trying to.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:33 PM 02-03-2024
Only way forward I see that may actually be better is Rock just goes full Hollywood Heel again and instigates Cody to the point Cody says Fuck You and cashes back in while Roman goes tweener and the Bloodline ally with Rock (Hell, maybe even bring in Jacob Fatu finally).
[Reply]
Mecca 06:12 PM 02-03-2024
The rock gets the last laugh stealing THE WWE from HHH.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:17 PM 02-03-2024
Everyone complaining about the insertion of the Rock in Wrestlemania and yet no one sees the Yawn status of Roman Reigns continuing to remain champion for so long...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:30 PM 02-03-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Everyone complaining about the insertion of the Rock in Wrestlemania and yet no one sees the Yawn status of Roman Reigns continuing to remain champion for so long...
Huh? That's a huge part of the problem. People were willing to grudgingly put up with it because the story they were telling logically led to Rhodes finally dethroning him at Mania. Hell, they even acknowledged that his reign sort of sucks, and that's why they gave Rollins the 1b title.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:36 PM 02-03-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Oh they are very close to NWOing the bloodline storyline.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:56 PM 02-03-2024
Huh? That's a huge part of the problem. People were willing to grudgingly put up with it because the story they were telling logically led to Rhodes finally dethroning him at Mania. Hell, they even acknowledged that his reign sort of sucks, and that's why they gave Rollins the 1b title.
Honestly the whole Rhodes beating Reigns was silly to begin with unless you throw in a Paul Heyman betrayal to make it interesting.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:30 PM 02-03-2024
It's backfired massively. Only reason you do this is for the casual fan and media attention. They sure got it. The angle has the most dislikes EVER for a WWE video, well over 300k at this point, the #1 hashtag on Twitter at one point was #WeWantCody, and most of the media coverage is about the backlash, not Rock vs Roman.

Now, if this was some 5d chess move to divert the controversy away from McMahon then nice try, but as soon as the next domino drops there it'll be right back to being one of the main story in the media.

I don't think they could've botched the post Rumble fallout much worse even if they were actively trying to.

How sure are we that he was going to bear Roman at Mania?

They’re pushing Roman to beat Hogans record. He’s 226 more days from breaking it

How would people react if Cody lost?

Also people have been telling for Rock Vs Roman for years. We knew this match was going to happen. It was teased in the Young Rock Rock even discussed it on the McAfee show when they were out in Boulder last September. He showed up that same night on Smackdown Then a few weeks ago he teased it

All of a sudden people are upset? We knew it was going to happen. It wasn’t going to happen any where else besides Mania. It’s too big of a match

Now I can see why people are upset on how it was presented to us. Rollins ahead o e of the great promos putting over the importance of the title. The rititlr meant something. That they made the titke so it could be the workhorse He propped up Cody

Cody said he’ll think about it

Here is we here it detailed. Roman trashed Roman and Seth. Horrible decision. Also Seth should’ve been there In the ring The go back and forth The. Cody comes out. Talks to both of them. And picks Seth and explains why. That Seth was a true defending workhorse and the title Actuslly means something not a joke of a title where the champ never wrestled

Then the rock comes out to everyone’s surprise. Saying Roman even though Cody isn’t facing you I will

Now that’s how it should’ve gone sone

But hey we still have time. Things can change and develop.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:45 PM 02-03-2024
The overarching story of the entire WWE FOR A LITERAL YEAR was Cody finishing the story. They've alluded to Rock/Roman here and there but this was not the year to do it. And quite frankly, if they were going to have Cody lose AGAIN just so Roman could continue this awful run and beat Hogan's time they should've never even went down this path to begin with.
[Reply]
Page 297 of 332
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307 > Last »
Up