ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The worst/laziest 2024 NFL Draft take you keep seeing...
Jerm 01:06 PM 04-22-2024
So I'm watching Simms' pod today and he's doing his mock draft...he has Brian Thomas Jr. falling to the Bills at 28...he isn't the first I've seen with this notion and I just can't do it anymore.

I still don't think he makes it out of the top 20 and if he did, a team would move up to the early to mid 20s to get him...there isn't a scenario worth discussing IMO where falls to 28 right in the Bills lap. It's so dumb.

So what is one or two you keep seeing/reading that is driving you nuts?
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:14 PM 04-22-2024
Xavier Worthy at any point in the first round.

I'm sure there is a possibility that Veach loves the kid but every mock draft doesn't have to be him in some form. If it's not at 32, then it's trading up a ridiculous amount to get him. And it always comes with the caveat of "they need to replace Hill!".
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:25 PM 04-22-2024
I have a hard time bagging on simms he’s one of the better ones imo even though he’s not a draft specific analyst. He does get bagged down on trends of teams and management styles that he played for and has trouble working outside that box on occasion. Hes not like most of the shit bags who are like chiefs take worthy at 32 because he runs 4.22 and that’s what the chiefs do.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:31 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I have a hard time bagging on simms he’s one of the better ones imo even though he’s not a draft specific analyst. He does get bagged down on trends of teams and management styles that he played for and has trouble working outside that box on occasion. Hes not like most of the shit bags who are like chiefs take worthy at 32 because he runs 4.22 and that’s what the chiefs do.
For what it's worth, he has Odunze falling to 18 and Cincy (another head scratcher) and the Chiefs taking Newton...
[Reply]
ThrobProng 01:31 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Xavier Worthy at any point in the first round.

I'm sure there is a possibility that Veach loves the kid but every mock draft doesn't have to be him in some form. If it's not at 32, then it's trading up a ridiculous amount to get him. And it always comes with the caveat of "they need to replace Hill!".
The guy makes Bryce Young look like Shaq.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:34 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
For what it's worth, he has Odunze falling to 18 and Cincy (another head scratcher) and the Chiefs taking Newton...
Wouldn't be mad at Newton. However if Odunze hits the teens we should be calling lol.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:12 PM 04-22-2024
That's also weird because Simms had Thomas as the #2 WR in the draft, behind Nabers and ahead of Harrison.

The thing that annoys me is mocks with us taking a CB in the first, or especially analysts talking about CB being our biggest need. Obviously I get why they think so (they lost a good CB, they must need a replacement!), but it's super lazy.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:15 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Jamie:
That's also weird because Simms had Thomas as the #2 WR in the draft, behind Nabers and ahead of Harrison.

The thing that annoys me is mocks with us taking a CB in the first, or especially analysts talking about CB being our biggest need. Obviously I get why they think so (they lost a good CB, they must need a replacement!), but it's super lazy.
His reasoning was in part due to hearing from people lately that Thomas has a knee problem...not a huge issue but one that could see him fall out of the top 15 or so.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:18 PM 04-22-2024
I feel like mock drafters don't consider the motivation for teams to trade up enough. That makes many mocks repetitive and boring. These guys need to look at the board and say who would be calling?
[Reply]
kccrow 02:20 PM 04-22-2024
I don't know if it really irritates me, everyone has an opinion right... but there are some players where I don't think I agree with where they are being rated but I have to kind of hedge against my own personal opinion and keep them in that conversation because everyone else seems to have them there.

Some specific ones...

Ladd McConkey. I like his size/athleticism profile he is a really technically savvy route runner but he's got an injury history. So, are teams really going to spend a 1st on him? My head says no. Hell, I'm thinking mid-2nd.

J.J. McCarthy... Look, I think he's pretty solid but should a team really trade up into the top 5 to get this kid? Man... I don't know. If it weren't for Minnesota and Denver really needing a QB I wouldn't even fathom it. I think Nix is the better player, honestly. End of the day, I wouldn't be surprised Minnesota stood pat at 11 and banked on him falling. If Denver moves for him, let them and take Nix. That's how I'd play it.

Drake Maye... Also just not a top 5 QB. From a natural talent perspective, he could end up the best when it's all said and done but he shouldn't have came out his year. He needs a redshirt year at minimum. He's not mentally ready IMO.

Brock Bowers... I mean, I see him exactly the same as Sam LaPorta. Is he a top-10 type of guy? Hell, is he actually a round 1 type of guy? He'd be fringe for me personally but the overwhelming majority think otherwise.

Amarius Mims... Scary to take this kid in the 1st round. He's incredibly raw and should have went back to school. Man alive this is the one I absolutely struggle with the most in my head. He's mid-3rd as a player but a rare athlete at his size.

Terrion Arnold... Not my top corner. Struggles with speed. I keep him highly rated because of outside opinions. I probably wouldn't draft him in the 1st.

Jer'Zahn Newton... I still don't understand how an elite pass rusher from the DT spot is considered a fringe 1st round prospect but to each their own. I don't think he's significantly less of a prospect than a guy like Jalen Carter was. It interests me to see what NFL teams will think.

Troy Fautanu... Not sure how he isn't the top offensive line prospect and top LT prospect in this draft class. He's absolutely nails. I pray he falls within striking distance, I really do. Don't think he will. I just don't think Alt or Fashanu are as good as he is, especially in pass pro.

Chop Robinson... Purely a traits guy. The production isn't there. We've seen this flame out a lot. We'll see if this one hits. Kind of how things have been lately with so much emphasis on traits over football players.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:29 PM 04-22-2024
I can't be the only one who looks and thinks, do the Chiefs really care about acquiring seven rookies? Go get your impact guy and try and get pocket change capital back for next year, shore up any glaring holes with the significant excess cap space. The team only has so many roster spots for 24.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 04-22-2024
I've been frustrated by some of the Kool-Aid McKinstry to KC takes.

None of which say "The Chiefs have a chance to get a value at CB..." or anything similar. They're all "Chiefs must replace Sneed..."

If there was a better than average shot that he's the best player on their draft board, that would be one thing. But I don't think even the people making the selection for them believe that.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:56 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I can't be the only one who looks and thinks, do the Chiefs really care about acquiring seven rookies? Go get your impact guy and try and get pocket change capital back for next year, shore up any glaring holes with the significant excess cap space. The team only has so many roster spots for 24.
You're not the only one, trust me...with the position the Chiefs are in and going all in for a 3peat, I'm more than ok with being uber aggressive and coming out of this draft with 2 or 3 real impact guys and letting the chips fall where they may.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:46 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I feel like mock drafters don't consider the motivation for teams to trade up enough. That makes many mocks repetitive and boring. These guys need to look at the board and say who would be calling?
Yeah, I saw one earlier today that had the Bucs taking Brian Thomas Jr because he fell to them. I can't see that one actually working out that way. If he falls to their spot, Tampa will have teams like the Chiefs and Bills burning up their phones to get him.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:06 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've been frustrated by some of the Kool-Aid McKinstry to KC takes.

None of which say "The Chiefs have a chance to get a value at CB..." or anything similar. They're all "Chiefs must replace Sneed..."

If there was a better than average shot that he's the best player on their draft board, that would be one thing. But I don't think even the people making the selection for them believe that.
We have some good secondary players and one or more might be ready to step into the role, maybe nobody is ready. The answer to that question tells me a great deal about whether we need to draft a CB. Without knowing, I lean toward the idea that CB is not a pressing need like OT and WR, but something we should look at a little later.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up