ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
J Diddy 12:53 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
There are those of us that think you just hold onto him instead of taking peanuts.
and which 10 players do you let go to keep the 1?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:58 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
That's how it SHOULD be but it's not. In the last five to six years you make a strong case as to say the Chiefs are the only team that has been "winning." Much of the thr rest is tributes to Tom Brady (on two different teams) and a one year (loaded up to fail later) wonder by the Rams.

So no, the Chiefs are the one team to don't make better. Trading with them high pucks makes less sense than trading with a division rival.
Yeah, you might want to be careful about making the Chiefs better, but we see that the Titans traded with the Chiefs, so if you're another team that could have used Sneed, how do you justify not trading for him when he could have been had fairly cheaply. If the Titans were going to do it anyway, what difference would have made if you had done the deal with slightly better compensation for the Chiefs?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:01 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Smed1065:
Puff, Cash bonus could have been used. I mean that would be like change in our pockets to Clark.
What? Clark and the Chiefs max out the cap, and actually push off cap each and every year. Clark can't just pay extra to keep Sneed. The Chiefs made the decision that pushing off more cap and keeping Sneed wasn't worth it with the impending contracts of Creed, Bolton, McDuffie and others. Those of you who think this isn't a real thing are delusional.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:07 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
What? Clark and the Chiefs max out the cap, and actually push off cap each and every year. Clark can't just pay extra to keep Sneed. The Chiefs made the decision that pushing off more cap and keeping Sneed wasn't worth it with the impending contracts of Creed, Bolton, McDuffie and others. Those of you who think this isn't a real thing are delusional.
Exactly. Not sure why people don’t understand this.

They gave Chris Jones a ton of money from 2025-2027. Mahomes has a big contract. Jawaan Taylor has a big contract. Clark isn’t gonna be writing all these checks for restructures when he’s already gonna have to do it for Mahomes and Chris Jones already.

The cap health is needed to try to and keep as many young stars as possible. They’re gonna pay Bolton and Creed. They’re gonna turn around and pay McDufffie and Karlaftis big money shortly after that.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:14 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Exactly. Not sure why people don’t understand this.

They gave Chris Jones a ton of money from 2025-2027. Mahomes has a big contract. Jawaan Taylor has a big contract. Clark isn’t gonna be writing all these checks for restructures when he’s already gonna have to do it for Mahomes and Chris Jones already.

The cap health is needed to try to and keep as many young stars as possible. They’re gonna pay Bolton and Creed. They’re gonna turn around and pay McDufffie and Karlaftis big money shortly after that.
I'm not sold on Karlaftis getting a big payday. If he takes a mid-range to low end contract we'll probably keep him. He's not a top 15 DE though so it's not like he's impossible to replace...
[Reply]
crispystl 01:18 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Moving CJ out to DE was a bad move for sure. I wonder if CJ had been lobbying for it and midway through the season both CJ and Spags realized it was a big mistake.

The silver lining is that it led to CJ being able to freelance and pick anywhere on the line to rush from, which HAS worked out in the long run.
Yeah that huge sack against the Bengals in the AFC championship game least year was from DE
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:27 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm not sold on Karlaftis getting a big payday. If he takes a mid-range to low end contract we'll probably keep him. He's not a top 15 DE though so it's not like he's impossible to replace...
He is not shit and he's above average. 10.5 sacks is not nothing. You just don't get a guy from the draft to do that. He won't break the bank but he's better than you think. Same sack number in 23 as Nick Bosa, Chubb and Jones.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 01:33 PM 03-25-2024
Now that they have room, KC would be smart to move some of Jones' money around so it hits the cap this year.
[Reply]
O.city 01:46 PM 03-25-2024
Karlaftis is a 100 million dollar guy. He's a double digit sack DE.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:00 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Are we talking about across his entire career, or in a single contract. What other DEs are earning that? Genuine question. I mean, I don't think he's worth that or will get paid anywhere near that.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:04 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Are we talking about across his entire career, or in a single contract. What other DEs are earning that? Genuine question. I mean, I don't think he's worth that or will get paid anywhere near that.
He will absolutely get 100 million unless he falls off a cliff. If he keeps improving like he has, you’re probably looking at even more.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:04 PM 03-25-2024
Only if he signs at least a 5 year deal. He's not getting 25 million per.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:13 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Only if he signs at least a 5 year deal. He's not getting 25 million per.
This is what I mean. I guess there will be wage inflation as the cap rises...but that's a lot of money.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:16 PM 03-25-2024
10.5 sacks isn't worth 100M.

If it is, then hopefully it's with another team.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:24 PM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
10.5 sacks isn't worth 100M.

If it is, then hopefully it's with another team.
10.5 as a 2nd year 22 year old. He’s gonna get better. I’d bet he’s a 15+ sack guy this or next year. That’s worth $100 million
[Reply]
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Up