ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 333 of 469
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337343383433 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:16 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Well, historically speaking his July is an outlier. But I can see why one could have some optimism that with a solid pitching coach, maybe there is something mineable there. Then I counter that with....Dave Eiland. But Weaver will have another month and a half to prove me wrong.
Dave Eiland?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:28 PM 08-14-2022
Cal elders
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:56 PM 08-14-2022
Eaton's catch was #2 on SportsCenter Top Ten
[Reply]
poolboy 09:10 PM 08-14-2022
whats the deal with MJ? im t00 lazy to read thru
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:10 PM 08-14-2022
Took the fam today. Our 12 yo was playing on the phone in the 5th. I wonder if mlb is too boring for kids anymore. When I was his age my dad taking me and my bothers was the highlight of life
[Reply]
Bowser 09:11 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Your Royals playoff update: with a win today against the arguable world series favorites, the Royals are on pace to capture the remaining 46 wins that may be required to capture a WC spot.
I would have a legit LOL moment if they found a way to do it
[Reply]
Bowser 09:12 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Took the fam today. Our 12 yo was playing on the phone in the 5th. I wonder if mlb is too boring for kids anymore. When I was his age my dad taking me and my bothers was the highlight of life
Kids are addicted to their phones and technology in general, dude. It's a drug for them.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:16 PM 08-14-2022
Says the guy who DVRs to fast forward through games.....
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:48 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Says the guy who DVRs to fast forward through games.....
And I’m smart to do so

Went to 4 games last 5 days

You were playing PS4
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:55 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Dave Eiland?
Dave Eiland, Cal Eldred, too many E names I guess. I certainly wish we had Eiland's 2014/2015 bullpen, that's for sure.
[Reply]
srvy 10:08 PM 08-14-2022
It takes 3 hrs out of video game playing of course they are bored. Drive through neighborhoods now and you don't see kids out playing. Neighborhood ballfields are overgrown with weeds in the dirt infield parks and rec still put dirt on every spring but they are empty and unkept. Basketball courts are unused hell the only bikes are mostly adults on high-dollar bikes and stupid bike shorts. Our neighborhoods are devoid of any life signs nowadays.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:13 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Listening to the game on the radio sounded like it was a road game. No doubt in my mind over half the fans were Dodgers fans.
I went to the game today (improving my record this year to 1-5)...I can confirm "half fans were Dodgers." I've been to games here vs Yankees and Cubs and have seen a lot of opposing fans before, but this was probably the biggest imbalance I've ever seen.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:40 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
It takes 3 hrs out of video game playing of course they are bored. Drive through neighborhoods now and you don't see kids out playing. Neighborhood ballfields are overgrown with weeds in the dirt infield parks and rec still put dirt on every spring but they are empty and unkept. Basketball courts are unused hell the only bikes are mostly adults on high-dollar bikes and stupid bike shorts. Our neighborhoods are devoid of any life signs nowadays.
Yeah parents today need to take them outside if nec. We go to the pool an hour a day on summer weekends, even did it after we got back from the game. The Royals games have way more in-game entertainment than when I was a kid (obv). But a pitchers duel isn’t going to pique the interest of todays pre-teens that’s for sure.

We will go to our first Chiefs game this fall and I’ll see if they get bored there, I doubt it
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:20 AM 08-15-2022
We didn't have phones to play with or a carnival in the outfield as distractions. Also the game times have expanded by about 30 minutes from 20 years ago and 45 minutes from 30-40 years ago in a sport that is still the same 9 inning format. That means loads and loads of downtime which isn't good for kids or anyone else.

That downtime won't go away either because that time is mostly due to advertisements and neither the owners or players want to give up that money. I will say though that I've been to minor league games with the pitch clocks and those do help move the game along.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:41 AM 08-15-2022
Correct. Avg game time hit record 3:10 last year. It’s up 35 minutes from 1984 when I was a young kid. Mine can last 2:30 max and that’s close to what I lasted back in the day.

Worse, the ball was put in play an avg of every 4 min last year. What’s a kid doing between then, people watching? Mine look for Slugger all game long. 25% K rate last year, which means the avg pitcher is striking out guys at a Nolan Ryan or Koufax career rate LOL
[Reply]
Page 333 of 469
« First < 233283323329330331332333 334335336337343383433 > Last »
Up