ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 335
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:30 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Irreversible. Now THAT is a rape scene.
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
That was beyond tough to watch.
Toughest scene to get through. Absolutely unrelenting, and the single camera shot feels like you're actually watching it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:36 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Toughest scene to get through. Absolutely unrelenting, and the single camera shot feels like you're actually watching it.
I saw it in a movie theater. Most people walked out on that scene.
[Reply]
Swanman 03:39 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
No one said shit when Drogo was wrecking 14 yr old Daenrys' twat with his horse cock.
Luckily they aged her up quite a bit for the show, or at the very least had an actress in her 20s play the role. Also, the Margeary/Tommen scenes are very likely statutory rape unless Westeros is a county in Kentucky.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:52 PM 05-20-2015
There's a weird split personality that's consuming a very vocal portion of the book reading fan base. /r/gameofthrones, /r/asoiaf and /r/freefolk are consumed with threads that both criticize how DD have left out several prominent storylines, (LSH, Jeyne, the Ironborn, Jaime, the Riverlands, Faegon, you name it), but at the same time are criticizing how rushed the storylines in this season feel (particularly Dorne and the Faith Militant).

As of this time, the show is balancing:

The Wall (With plots covering both Jon and Stannis)
Winterfell (With the plots covering both Brienne/Pod and Sansa/Ramsay)
Meereen
Braavos
Dorne (With the plots covering both the Sand Snakes - Jaime/Bronn - though now they're converged).
Valyria/Volantis
King's Landing (With subplots covering Littlefinger, the Tyrells, the Faith Militant, you name it)

To my count, that's 7 main plots with over 10 significant subplots. If the storylines are feeling rushed now, can anyone imagine what this season would feel like if they'd thrown in Ironborn or Faegon (or Bran) on top of everything else this season?

On top of that, everyone is now holding FOC and DWD (books that we're eviscerated by the fanbase for being bloated and expanding the plot out of the control) on an immaculate pedestal. Did the fanbase really expect the showrunners to devote entire seasons to Jaime and Brienne in the Riverlands?

I think it was always known that DD had an incredible task in front of them to create a coherent storyline from books 4 & 5, and in my opinion, they're doing a pretty impressive job.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:15 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Spoiler!
That little crannogman knows. I'd bet we'll hear the truth from him at some point..

Speaking of, who does everyone think was the Knight of the Laughing Tree? It makes the most sense that it'd be either Lyanna or Howland but the fact that Meera was surprised that Bran's father had never told him the story makes me think it may have been Ned.

Or maybe that's where Rhaegar first started his infatuation with Lyanna which prompted the "abduction". :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 09:52 PM 05-20-2015
Was it rape? I was side watching while doing something else I admit but didn't she willingly take her clothes off? I thought her whole pain noise was coming from virgin getting painfully mishandled by an asshole that didn't know or care how to handle a girls first experience?
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 12:25 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Was it rape? I was side watching while doing something else I admit but didn't she willingly take her clothes off? I thought her whole pain noise was coming from virgin getting painfully mishandled by an asshole that didn't know or care how to handle a girls first experience?

unwillingly taking off clothes after being commanded to by a psychopath isn't consent
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:45 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:

unwillingly taking off clothes after being commanded to by a psychopath isn't consent
As the defendants lawyer I must ask, did your client ever once say no? Did she ever once say stop? Was her mouth bound in any way? Did she try to push my client off of her?
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 07:19 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-episode.html

Looks like a Missouri senator is boycotting the show. :-)
I'm a left leaning, voting Missouri resident - and I will tell you that Claire couldn't find her ass with both hands. She never misses an opportunity for cheap pub though

Yeah, I'm sure she was an "avid" watcher of the show. Give me a break.......
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:48 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
I'm a left leaning, voting Missouri resident - and I will tell you that Claire couldn't find her ass with both hands.
Then this is good news since she obviously has every other problem in Missouri solved if she has time to fret over a fucking TV show.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:00 AM 05-21-2015
So... I've heard concerns that the show is getting too bleak or hopeless for show-only people, especially since some of the story lines that feature Northern vengeance (LSH, Wyman Manderly) aren't in the show.

If this is true, what happens when Jon dies?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:07 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
So... I've heard concerns that the show is getting too bleak or hopeless for show-only people, especially since some of the story lines that feature Northern vengeance (LSH, Wyman Manderly) aren't in the show.

People who are pussies will stop watching.

If someone is not enough of a grown up to keep watching, I don't care as long as it doesn't threaten the continued existence of the show... and it won't.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:14 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

People will freak out.

Game of Thrones is kind of on it's own in the regard that it has this die hard fan base but it also has this fan base that knows nothing about the books. The good thing is that even if that the people who aren't die hards leave the show.....it'll still be able to survive just off the book readers.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:49 AM 05-21-2015
People will freak out.

Game of Thrones is kind of on it's own in the regard that it has this die hard fan base but it also has this fan base that knows nothing about the books. The good thing is that even if that the people who aren't die hards leave the show.....it'll still be able to survive just off the book readers.
Yep.

And IF Jon is going to come back to life in some capacity as most people believe, then they could easily do in the show what Martin did in the books with Lady Stoneheart.

They could kill Jon at the end of ep 9 and then have him "come back" as the final shot of ep 10 to create that same feeling of YES! and simultaneous WHAT THE ENTIRE FUCK? that book readers had.

Of course, they may not do anything like that. But they could and it could reinvest people who thought about leaving if/when they kill Jon.

If that makes sense.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 10:01 AM 05-21-2015
People will freak out.

That would be my wife and I.
We aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 335
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up