ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Julio Two-Step
Direckshun 07:06 AM 05-10-2021
So I don't know much about things, but I do know three things.

1. The Chiefs have a hole at #2 WR.
2. The Falcons are looking to trade Julio Jones.
3. The Chiefs are, clearly, not interested in losing any 2022 picks. Which, duh, because that class is going to be amazing.

That being said, we know the Chiefs can do pick swaps, as a way to handing over value but keeping the same number of bullets in the chamber.

What's the priciest pick swap you're comfortable with doing for Julio, if any?

Are you willing to fork over a 2nd for a 4th + Julio?

A 3rd for a 5th + Julio?

Are you willing to fork over a 2nd for a 3rd, a 4th + Julio?

How creative are you willing to get.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:35 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
**** no.

If you do a trade for a 1-year deal you do it with someone like the Colts for Zach Pascal. He's their #3, he can fill our #2, and he's been super productive.
Pascal isn’t happening.

TY is on the wrong side of 30 and Campbell has finished the last 2 seasons on IR.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:18 PM 05-19-2021
I love the idea if we can make it work.

I'm not sure it's fair to compare Julio to Watkins, they're two totally different guys/players. Julio is a top 3-5 WR in the league averaging ~1500 yards per season in the last 6 years. Meanwhile, the hard truth is that Watkins never lived up to his hype in the league with only 1 yr @ 1k+. One plus for a Julio trade that I'll throw out there, he doesn't score a lot of TDs despite all that yardage. Means he won't get upset playing #2 or #3 in TDs REC next to Hill and Kelce.

Let's not overthink this, we have a need for a #2 WR and he's one of the best WRs in the league. I'll let Veach worry about Salary Cap etc...
[Reply]
kccrow 11:04 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Pascal isn’t happening.

TY is on the wrong side of 30 and Campbell has finished the last 2 seasons on IR.
Probably as likely as trading for a 32-year-old receiver with a 15m cap hit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:00 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I love the idea if we can make it work.

I'm not sure it's fair to compare Julio to Watkins, they're two totally different guys/players. Julio is a top 3-5 WR in the league averaging ~1500 yards per season in the last 6 years. Meanwhile, the hard truth is that Watkins never lived up to his hype in the league with only 1 yr @ 1k+. One plus for a Julio trade that I'll throw out there, he doesn't score a lot of TDs despite all that yardage. Means he won't get upset playing #2 or #3 in TDs REC next to Hill and Kelce.

Let's not overthink this, we have a need for a #2 WR and he's one of the best WRs in the league. I'll let Veach worry about Salary Cap etc...
We're not overthinking it.

1. $15M guaranteed.
2. Has been sidelined by hamstring or foot/leg injuries EIGHT TIMES in his career.

There's no reason to bring him on. None. It's an absolutely stupid idea.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:40 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We're not overthinking it.

1. $15M guaranteed.
2. Has been sidelined by hamstring or foot/leg injuries EIGHT TIMES in his career.

There's no reason to bring him on. None. It's an absolutely stupid idea.
This. I'll add that Atlanta isn't going to be giving him away. I'll bet when he's traded it'll be a 2nd or 3rd and possibly another lower pick added on. There's no reason for us to give all that up and pay him 15M....where'd he be a 3rd option here.

It's dumb. This whole thing is dumb. I say he goes to GB so they can keep Rodgers happy.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:44 AM 05-20-2021
Would be the greatest team of all-time on paper if we added Julio.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:38 AM 05-20-2021

🚨 HYPOTHETICAL TRADE 🚨

Imagine Julio Jones with the Chiefs 😳 pic.twitter.com/hGvJHWnf8z

— PFF (@PFF) May 20, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:39 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
No.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:41 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No.
I was more "hell no," but if you want to be soft about it ... :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 AM 05-20-2021
I was more "hell no," but if you want to be soft about it ... :-)
:-)
[Reply]
mkp785 11:53 AM 05-20-2021
No.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:00 PM 05-20-2021
54 catches, 409 yards, 1 TD. Making league minimum
51 catches, 771 yards, 3 TDs. Making 15 million.

That's Larry Fitzgerald (who would likely sign for league minimum in order to get a ring) vs Julio and his projected 2021 salary. Those numbers are their numbers this past year.

Which one sounds better? I'll add Larry has been a iron man in his career and at the same age Julio is right now Larry put up: 109 catches, 1215 yards, 9TDs on the way to all pro year....with the corpse of Carson Palmer throwing him the ball.

Easy choice imo. If we want a 2nd WR...sign Larry Legend.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:05 PM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:

That's Larry Fitzgerald (who would likely sign for league minimum in order to get a ring) vs Julio and his projected 2021 salary. Those numbers are their numbers this past year.

Which one sounds better? I'll add Larry has been a iron man in his career and at the same age Julio is right now Larry put up: 109 catches, 1215 yards, 9TDs on the way to all pro year....with the corpse of Carson Palmer throwing him the ball.

Excellent analysis. I like it.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:28 PM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:

This. I like this.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:19 PM 05-20-2021
FWIW - Schrager doesn't think Julio/KC happens (in the comments)

Nah, Kansas City

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) May 20, 2021

Weep when it happens.

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) May 20, 2021

Re Julio. I Don’t think so

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) May 20, 2021

[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up