ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 173
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:40 AM 04-30-2016
Another corner in the 4th.

An OT in the 4th.

Both picks we traded for.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:21 PM 04-30-2016
Crazy wideout that was always suspended with our original 4th.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:14 PM 04-30-2016
Stanford QB in the 5t .
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:28 PM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Stanford QB in the 5t .
Sandy called that one.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:28 PM 04-30-2016
Okie state RB with other 5th rounder
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:45 PM 04-30-2016
CB in the 6th.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:21 PM 04-30-2016
Interesting things have happened here. Today, I was approached by two men and one asked if I spoke English. I expected to give directions, but it turned out they were missionaries and asked if I needed prayer for anything. I said I sure did. They laid hands on me and prayed to banish the cancer from me. I wouldn't have met them if I had turned left instead of right, looking for a cafe. I have gotten to ride my white horse two times as well. Friday on the way to the movie theater, a disabled man in a motorized wheelchair could not put his gloves on as it started to rain, so I did it for him. Last night, in a younger crowd bar, some drunk guy started slapping his girlfriend around. I pointed it out to the bar staff, then went and got in his way. He yelled about how that was his girlfriend and swung, well more like sloppily flailed at me. I easily blocked the clumsy assault while turning to protect my chemo port. If this had been in the USA, I would have thrown an elbow across his jaw and knocked him out. The girlfriend didn't thank me but that was okay.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:23 PM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Interesting things have happened here. Today, I was approached by two men and one asked if I spoke English. I expected to give directions, but it turned out they were missionaries and asked if I needed prayer for anything. I said I sure did. They laid hands on me and prayed to banish the cancer from me. I wouldn't have met them if I had turned left instead of right, looking for a cafe. I have gotten to ride my white horse two times as well. Friday on the way to the movie theater, a disabled man in a motorized wheelchair could not put his gloves on as it started to rain, so I did it for him. Last night, in a younger crowd bar, some drunk guy started slapping his girlfriend around. I pointed it out to the bar staff, then went and got in his way. He yelled about how that was his girlfriend and swung, well more like sloppily flailed at me. I easily blocked the clumsy assault while turning to protect my chemo port. If this had been in the USA, I would have thrown an elbow across his jaw and knocked him out. The girlfriend didn't thank me but that was okay.
That's great stuff, Ed. You're a busy man!:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:28 PM 04-30-2016
Now it's a vacation... Enjoy my friend...
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:30 PM 04-30-2016
Good on you for protecting the girl.

Hopefully the prayer helps.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:04 AM 05-02-2016
I just read about Big Meatball Dave. In my mind, it felt like he and I were battling side by side against the cancer monster. He often posted in this thread and the first one I had, Bad News. Sacc posted, too, and he is absent from here but I hope it isn't because of his condition. Dave can't post anymore and his time may well be short, but he is already missed. I have no idea if I will survive or not, but I wished Dave would and Sacc, too, and I feel so saddened by the news about Dave. God bless and keep you, Brother, and I will see you in our Father's house one day.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:21 AM 05-02-2016
I just read about Big Meatball Dave. In my mind, it felt like he and I were battling side by side against the cancer monster. He often posted in this thread and the first one I had, Bad News. Sacc posted, too, and he is absent from here but I hope it isn't because of his condition. Dave can't post anymore and his time may well be short, but he is already missed. I have no idea if I will survive or not, but I wished Dave would and Sacc, too, and I feel so saddened by the news about Dave. God bless and keep you, Brother, and I will see you in our Father's house one day.
Been praying for you, Ed. Keep up the good fight, Brother!
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:23 AM 05-02-2016
Hang in there Ed. I know this is a tough pill to swallow.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:36 AM 05-02-2016
Keep fighting Ed.

Dave's news hit me awful hard. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. I've said it before, but you are an inspiration to guys like me.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:56 AM 05-04-2016
I think my blood cell counts are rising. Yesterday, I must have walked a mile in a town near where I am now and I was not out of breath or sweating. Walking the same distance when I was back in Kansas would have had me worn out. The beers are working!
[Reply]
Page 87 of 173
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Up