Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:41 AM 07-29-2017
Congrats. You got a dead mans Tyreek
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:59 AM 07-29-2017

Mackenzie has dominated according to VJ. He has looked VERY impressive. It will be a surprise if he's not the starting punt returner

— Darren McKee (@dmac1043) July 29, 2017

:-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:11 PM 07-29-2017

3 days in and 1 thing is clear. Garrett Bolles looks like a lock at starting Left Tackle. #Broncos @1043TheFan

— Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) July 29, 2017

[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 07-29-2017
Fluff fluff and more fluff

Good god, the pads haven't even come on yet
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:18 PM 07-29-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Fluff fluff and more fluff

Good god, the pads haven't even come on yet
You doubt Cecil?
[Reply]
KranzDictum 12:33 PM 07-29-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I was surprised he was STILL wearing a brace...do you know how long it's been since he was injured? KC wouldn't have cut their all-time leading rusher if he had a chance to recover...think about it.

Its kind of tragic...in that the NFL gave Charles his identity. I'm not surprised he's the last to let go... and accept it. Horseface is just being a prick...as usual.
It is part of a knee recovery, Houston wore one during his 1st contact after coming back, how is Houston doing at Camp by the way?

I doubt they cut JC if they weren't in Cap hell. Not only did they cut their all time leading rusher but because of cap issues had to cut their #1 WR.

It is hard to carry all those stars who are aged vets with injuries when you are in cap hell. Houston, JC, Derrick Johnson, Hali is on the PUP. They just couldn't invest the time in money on him and it was time to cut ties.

Oh look at this article I just found re his brace:

For the last two days in Broncos training camp, veteran running back Jamaal Charles has sported a brace on his surgically repaired right knee under the premise that if it doesn’t work for him, he’ll scrap it.

“But right now, it’s a safe plan for me,” he said. “To build confidence back up with my knee.”

It’s a test period for the brace and Charles is taking it slow. Just as the Broncos are taking it slow with Charles as he works his way back from multiple knee surgeries that hindered his final two years in Kansas City.

With each day, he’s running more, making sharper cuts, often talking with younger backs to the side about their routes and finding their openings in Mike McCoy’s offense.

But the true tests will come soon, when the Broncos strap on pads Sunday and when preseason games begin next month. The Broncos signed Charles in May to an incentive-laden one-year deal. To get his full cut, Charles has to win a roster spot and maintain it. But both are hoping he regains more: his status as one of the game’s shiftiest and explosive backs.

And in the wake of losing second-year player Devontae Booker to a wrist injury for at least six weeks, the time and opportunity is ripe for Charles.

Charles was cleared for full participation in training camp, but head coach Vance Joseph made it clear that the training and coaching staffs wouldn’t rush him back. The veteran is eager to do so fully.

“I told them I definitely want to do more,” he said. “Right now, I’m happy with the system. They’re taking their time with me and I told them I want to do a little bit ‘thud’ (when players, wearing helmets and shoulder pads, hit but stay on their feet) and get hit. I want that, just to get my confidence up and see how my knee feels in pads and make people miss. Whatever they tell me to do, I’m just doing it day by day.”

More here:
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/28...training-camp/
[Reply]
New World Order 12:58 PM 07-29-2017

Chiefs training camp report for July 29 (via @Alec_McChesney): QB Mahomes impressive in two-minute drill: https://t.co/DoRshbVkpi

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) July 29, 2017

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:07 PM 07-29-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What's wrong with you? Put this shit in the goddamn training camp thread.

[Reply]
New World Order 01:07 PM 07-29-2017
With 1:58 on the clock, Mahomes started on the 25-yard line working in the no-huddle offense. It took the Texas Tech product just one minute and four seconds to move the ball down the field and score a touchdown.

On play one, Mahomes threw a bullet pass, which quarterbacks coach Matt Nagy called a “phenomenal throw”

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:09 PM 07-29-2017
[Reply]
New World Order 01:13 PM 07-29-2017
Sorry Knowmo, I thought this was the Training Camp thread for some reason.

Oh well:

[Reply]
RunKC 01:19 PM 07-29-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
It is part of a knee recovery, Houston wore one during his 1st contact after coming back, how is Houston doing at Camp by the way?

I doubt they cut JC if they weren't in Cap hell. Not only did they cut their all time leading rusher but because of cap issues had to cut their #1 WR.

It is hard to carry all those stars who are aged vets with injuries when you are in cap hell. Houston, JC, Derrick Johnson, Hali is on the PUP. They just couldn't invest the time in money on him and it was time to cut ties.

Oh look at this article I just found re his brace:

For the last two days in Broncos training camp, veteran running back Jamaal Charles has sported a brace on his surgically repaired right knee under the premise that if it doesn’t work for him, he’ll scrap it.

“But right now, it’s a safe plan for me,” he said. “To build confidence back up with my knee.”

It’s a test period for the brace and Charles is taking it slow. Just as the Broncos are taking it slow with Charles as he works his way back from multiple knee surgeries that hindered his final two years in Kansas City.

With each day, he’s running more, making sharper cuts, often talking with younger backs to the side about their routes and finding their openings in Mike McCoy’s offense.

But the true tests will come soon, when the Broncos strap on pads Sunday and when preseason games begin next month. The Broncos signed Charles in May to an incentive-laden one-year deal. To get his full cut, Charles has to win a roster spot and maintain it. But both are hoping he regains more: his status as one of the game’s shiftiest and explosive backs.

And in the wake of losing second-year player Devontae Booker to a wrist injury for at least six weeks, the time and opportunity is ripe for Charles.

Charles was cleared for full participation in training camp, but head coach Vance Joseph made it clear that the training and coaching staffs wouldn’t rush him back. The veteran is eager to do so fully.

“I told them I definitely want to do more,” he said. “Right now, I’m happy with the system. They’re taking their time with me and I told them I want to do a little bit ‘thud’ (when players, wearing helmets and shoulder pads, hit but stay on their feet) and get hit. I want that, just to get my confidence up and see how my knee feels in pads and make people miss. Whatever they tell me to do, I’m just doing it day by day.”

More here:
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/28...training-camp/
Except Houston was back playing full speed at nine months post surgery. Charles is still really sensitive almost 2 years after his surgery
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:26 PM 07-29-2017
With 1:58 on the clock, Mahomes started on the 25-yard line working in the no-huddle offense. It took the Texas Tech product just one minute and four seconds to move the ball down the field and score a touchdown.

On play one, Mahomes threw a bullet pass, which quarterbacks coach Matt Nagy called a “phenomenal throw”

As far as I'm concerned, this IS the season. Not a singular fuck given regarding what Reid and Smith are up to for 2017.

What did Mahomes learn/study/execute today?
What are Pat's responsibilities throughout the course of the regular season?

These are the things that define Chiefs football for me until the day MII takes over.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:54 PM 07-29-2017
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
So what u are saying is you dont have a rb,
Seriously ..CJ. Anderson?
CJ Anderson is a solid RB but he's like a lot of other NFL players in that he has a hard time staying healthy.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:13 PM 07-29-2017
Sorry Knowmo, I thought this was the Training Camp thread for some reason.

Oh well:

Bench Alex now!
[Reply]
Page 943 of 4823
« First < 443843893933939940941942943 944945946947953993104314431943 > Last »
Up