Page 895 of 4823
« First < 395795845885891892893894895 89689789889990594599513951895 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
penchief 08:04 AM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I'm not gonna rain on the Peter's parade. That said, let's wait and see if he's on Talib's level. He's an awesome young CB, so congrats on that, but is he consistent in being that true #1 CB that is on the Revis-Talib-Bailey level? That is still up in the air. Peters takes a lot of chances and does get burned, and he's not a tackler. That said, he's got great anticipation and always seems to be in the right position at the right time for an INT.
Peters not a tackler? What the heck are you talking about? Look again. He's a willing and above average tackler. Some of the valid points you make are undermined by poor observations like this. Or I should say a lack of true observation.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:40 AM 06-11-2017
If I've learned anything in this thread, it is that the donkey sees only what it wants to see.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:51 AM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If I've learned anything in this thread, it is that the donkey sees only what it wants to see.
That goes both ways... I won't pretend to watch the Chiefs as closely as some of you claim to watch the Broncos in-season. I just don't have the time, quite honestly. Wish I did, but three kids between 11-15 just doesn't allow it.

That being said, my thought for 2017 is as follows... I think it's the Raiders' division to lose at this point, I think they're the most balanced across offense, defense and special teams. I don't know what to say about the Chargers, they have been bitten by injuries and poor play through recent years. They could win 12 games, but wouldn't be shocked to see them struggle to win 8.

Chiefs and Broncos are really very similar, the success of both is dictated by the defenses. Bottom line. I don't know really what KC did to improve offensively, lots of young guys. Smith is a limiting factor, but isn't going to kill your chances.

If people want to slot Denver as the 3rd team at this point, hell put them 4th - I don't care. I believe the defense will carry them. Last year, they were killed by players like Hill and the RB in ATL. It's not trickery as some have said, it's taking advantage and exploiting coverages.

All in all, I think it will be a great year for the division with the winner likely hitting 11-12 wins and I do believe you'll see divisional splits more often than not. For KC and Denver, if there's a game where either is reliant upon their offenses to win it in the first 4-8 games, they're in trouble.

You guys keep the crotch kicking going and I'll chime in more once training camps start, but I do belive it's going to be a good year for the AFCW. Very competitive.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 02:05 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
To Demetrius Harris....KCs backup TE for the win
Just because he was near Harris doesn't mean he was his coverage. What I remember from that play is that kc spread the D out with a multiple TE set, could have been 3, don't remember chose to remember Von' strip sacks in the SB. I doubt the coverage was for Harris to be on the 2nd TE, he could have come off his guy and try to make the play because a LB missed his read? A video of the play would help answer that.

That is also why Andy loves to spread guys out in the red zone, makes it easy for alex to pick his spot to dink it. Plus going with a 3 TE set down there gives him a size advantage over the smaller CB's. It is a good design, you guys are lucky that was one of the passes Harris didn't drop, isn't he like 50/50 on catching?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:38 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Just because he was near Harris doesn't mean he was his coverage. What I remember from that play is that kc spread the D out with a multiple TE set, could have been 3, don't remember chose to remember our fixed Superfarce because I'm a dipshit. I doubt the coverage was for Harris to be on the 2nd TE, he could have come off his guy and try to make the play because a LB missed his read? A video of the play would help answer that.

That is also why Andy loves to spread guys out in the red zone, makes it easy for alex to pick his spot to dink it. Plus going with a 3 TE set down there gives him a size advantage over the smaller CB's. It is a good design, you guys are lucky that was one of the passes Harris didn't drop, isn't he like 50/50 on catching?
FYP
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:21 PM 06-11-2017

Every cornerback in the #PFF50 pic.twitter.com/zPBg7rojTA

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) June 11, 2017

:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:03 PM 06-11-2017
Let's put our bickering aside and just watch a good show on NFL Network right now. This is their "top 100" episode where they list Marcus Peters as the best cornerback in the NFL and I haven't seen it yet.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:45 PM 06-11-2017
According to 9 News Denver's Mike Klis, Broncos second-year QB Paxton Lynch remains a "work in progress" coming out of OTAs.
Klis indicates Lynch's spring practice performances were highly inconsistent, unsurprising for a quarterback whose 2016 preseason and real-game play also failed to align. Trevor Siemian remains the favorite entering camp.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:50 PM 06-11-2017
KnowShit should be in here soon to say that report isn't from a credible source.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:52 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
According to 9 News Denver's Mike Klis, Broncos second-year QB Paxton Lynch remains a "work in progress" coming out of OTAs.
Klis indicates Lynch's spring practice performances were highly inconsistent, unsurprising for a quarterback whose 2016 preseason and real-game play also failed to align. Trevor Siemian remains the favorite entering camp.
Good! Trevor did fine last year and I believe he will continue to improve.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:55 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Poppycock!

BlowMo and the Rectum have personally watched Rodger Goodell come to Colorado and place the Crown of Destiny upon Paxton's saintly noggin!

[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:56 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Good! Trevor did fine last year and I believe he will continue to improve.
I agree. Semen should be the starter for years to come. The Donks will have their very own Alex Smith at quarterback.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:07 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I agree. Semen should be the starter for years to come. The Donks will have their very own Alex Smith at quarterback.
Indeed they will. After this years pitiful Semen-spurt, I fully expect Elfraud to pursue Smith's free and unemployed 2018 ass with the tenacity of a pit bull chasing a ham bone.
Alex and his gay fan club will look absolutely DASHING in those orange jerseys!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:10 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Maybe, will be fun to see what he can do. I know you typed that as a negative, but I don't read it like that. Numbers wise he was on par last year, he stretched the field and took more chances than Alex. I like the upside, he won't be an elite guy, and that's fine... he has a good grasp of his limitations and that will prove well if the other pieces around him improve.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:11 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Indeed they will. After this years pitiful Semen-spurt, I fully expect Elfraud to pursue Smith's free and unemployed 2018 ass with the tenacity of a pit bull chasing a ham bone.
Alex and his gay fan club will look absolutely DASHING in those orange jerseys!
No thanks.
[Reply]
Page 895 of 4823
« First < 395795845885891892893894895 89689789889990594599513951895 > Last »
Up