Page 890 of 4822
« First < 390790840880886887888889890 89189289389490094099013901890 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:11 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Sure he wanted to score, he had to put up eating losses 7 times in a row.

Loss also forgot that Kubes had to take the TO because the D was gassed. There was no way they were going to come from behind in that game even with 2013 Manning or an Epic Tebow type comeback.

It is done, Poe is gone, won't happen again.
If I remember right, we ran on just about every play on that drive. We just wanted to kill the clock. That really sounds like we wanted to score. You make it sound like Andy was desperate to score. I assure you that he didn't care if we scored at that point. That was nothing more than school yard fun. If it failed, who cares? We had the game won anyway.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 01:12 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by scorpio:
savage

[Reply]
ptlyon 01:15 PM 06-08-2017
I'm sure a lot of that goes on at the mange
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:16 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Lol

KC drive up and down the field at will on your defense all game.
KC has owned Denver the last 3 games, no way around it... they've won ugly (doink OT FG) and they've dominated Denver.

Suggesting the Chiefs drove up and down the field at will all game... not really.

KC inflicted their damage in the first quarter with 3 TDs over 70 yards each on 4 drives.

In the final 9 drives, in the final 3 quarters... two FGs and Poe's late score sealed it in the final 3 drives. 5 of those final 9 had six or fewer plays, 4 punts, a missed FG. In the final 3 drives (2 FG and a TD), Denver gave up great field advantage with 3 Turnovers.

They didn't even look like they wanted to keep it within reach. So, they got their butts kicked... I'm not going to try to dress it up any differently, it was ugly and KC earned the win.

Those 3 big TDs in the first quarter set the tone and Denver fell apart. In Denver's final 9 drives - 3 turnovers, 4 punts, gave it up on downs and a FG. They were battered, beaten and whipped.

Now it's 2017... new coach, different players, say what you will - but, I think they have improved in a few key areas and barring injury, definitely see a lot of divisional splits this year.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 01:26 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
KC has owned Denver the last 3 games, no way around it... they've won ugly (doink OT FG) and they've dominated Denver.

Suggesting the Chiefs drove up and down the field at will all game... not really.

KC inflicted their damage in the first quarter with 3 TDs over 70 yards each on 4 drives.

In the final 9 drives, in the final 3 quarters... two FGs and Poe's late score sealed it in the final 3 drives. 5 of those final 9 had six or fewer plays, 4 punts, a missed FG. In the final 3 drives (2 FG and a TD), Denver gave up great field advantage with 3 Turnovers.

They didn't even look like they wanted to keep it within reach. So, they got their butts kicked... I'm not going to try to dress it up any differently, it was ugly and KC earned the win.

Those 3 big TDs in the first quarter set the tone and Denver fell apart. In Denver's final 9 drives - 3 turnovers, 4 punts, gave it up on downs and a FG. They were battered, beaten and whipped.

Now it's 2017... new coach, different players, say what you will - but, I think they have improved in a few key areas and barring injury, definitely see a lot of divisional splits this year.
That is the way I remember it too. A jet sweep or pitch (I was in the car driving home from the inlaws) that went to the house then another long score on a bubble screen then kc did what they normally do, let teams back in the game suddenly it was 10-21 but the Broncos could not capitalize on their chances turning it over 3 times. By the 4th Quarter all kc could manage were 2 FG's before the trick play.

:-) failed to pass over 250 yards and didn't have a single back go over 100 yards.

I agree, it is over and kc earned the win that day. I also like our chances this year.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:52 PM 06-08-2017
That is the way I remember it too. A jet sweep or pitch (I was in the car driving home from the inlaws) that went to the house then another long score on a bubble screen then kc did what they normally do, let teams back in the game suddenly it was 10-21 but the Broncos could not capitalize on their chances turning it over 3 times. By the 4th Quarter all kc could manage were 2 FG's before the trick play.

:-) failed to pass over 250 yards and didn't have a single back go over 100 yards.

I agree, it is over and kc earned the win that day. I also like our chances this year.
I don't know that I would say they were back in it at 10-11... it was a damn frustrating effort. I don't recall believing they could rally after that start, they were too beat up and couldn't run the ball. And, even without Hill's 70 yard run... they pounded pretty effectively.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:57 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

You're missing the point of the argument. Likesitintherectum was arguing that we had to resort to a trick play and that we wanted the Poe TD. Like the game hinged on getting that TD. The game was already decided at that point. We ran 9 straight run plays with West, our backup RB, and we still took the ball all the way to the 2. If they hadn't stopped the run that entire drive, when we weren't even trying to fool them, what makes likesitintherectum think that we wouldn't have scored on another handoff to West? Or that we were even wanting a score there?
As for the 2nd part of your post. I totally disagree that the Donks have improved. Their defense hasn't improved and will likely take a step back with the loss of Wade. The quarterbacks don't appear to be improved. If Jamaal has any gas in the tank(I don't believe he does), then there should be some early improvement in the running game, but I don't see him finishing the season. The offensive line may be improved, but only if Sloth is literate enough to learn the game of football(not likely). The FA additions to the line are modest at best. And then there's the new coaching staff. They sure don't have impressive resume's. I really don't see 6-10 as being at all unrealistic. I hope that they get closer to 8-8, as long as the Chiefs sweep them again. But only because I want them drafting later and not be in position to draft a real QB without trading up.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:05 PM 06-08-2017

:-) Really?? You want to brag that no back went over 100 yards when we had about 250 as a team?? It didn't matter who had the ball, you could't stop it all day. Take out Hill's long run if you want to, we still had 180 or so yards!! Just because one back didn't get 100 yards doesn't mean squat. And remember. We pulled our starter on that Poe TD drive. Ware sat and watched and West came in and took 9 straight carries. Donks couldn't stop our backup, but hey, they didn't give up a 100yd rusher. OMG :-):-)
[Reply]
RunKC 02:10 PM 06-08-2017
Uh oh. Maybe PGM was right?

Originally Posted by :
However, according to Mile High Sports, Arnie Stapleton of the Associated Press wasn't impressed by Lynch's day on the practice field.

“I am not amongst the crowd that thinks that Paxton had a great day,” Stapleton said. “Did he have his best day that we’ve seen? Yes. That’s not saying much. He hasn’t had good days yet. Today he made a couple of good throws, Paxton Lynch did, but they came after some really bad decisions and some really bad plays again. If this were a game, he’d never get to the point where he’d be able to throw the touchdown pass.”
http://ble.ac/2s8CaJ7
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:15 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Uh oh. Maybe PGM was right?

http://ble.ac/2s8CaJ7
That guy is the only person I've seen with that opinion.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:19 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
That guy is the only person I've seen with that opinion.
That's because you have your blinders on. Wait until preseason. Then you will get to see first hand.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:25 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
That's because you have your blinders on. Wait until preseason. Then you will get to see first hand.
No, because it was unanimous that Lynch was awesome during that practice...

If there was a turning point moment this spring we may have just seen it. Remember this moment. Mark this date

— Darren McKee (@dmac1043) June 5, 2017

Paxton looked great today. Trevor looked like Alex Smith as usual. And there's the truth.

— Woody Paige (@woodypaige) June 5, 2017

Paxton Lynch was in complete command today. Worked the underneath routes, took chances deep & connected on big TDs #Broncos @1043TheFan

— Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) June 5, 2017

#Broncos Paxton Lynch throws a beautiful deep ball. Connected twice with @DemaryiusT on TDs. One of Lynch's best days at pro @DenverChannel pic.twitter.com/j2P0iD9uGe

— Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) June 5, 2017

[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:26 PM 06-08-2017
Sounds like a bunch of Denver homer reporters fluffing up the bust.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:38 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
You're missing the point of the argument. Likesitintherectum was arguing that we had to resort to a trick play and that we wanted the Poe TD. Like the game hinged on getting that TD. The game was already decided at that point. We ran 9 straight run plays with West, our backup RB, and we still took the ball all the way to the 2. If they hadn't stopped the run that entire drive, when we weren't even trying to fool them, what makes likesitintherectum think that we wouldn't have scored on another handoff to West? Or that we were even wanting a score there?
As for the 2nd part of your post. I totally disagree that the Donks have improved. Their defense hasn't improved and will likely take a step back with the loss of Wade. The quarterbacks don't appear to be improved. If Jamaal has any gas in the tank(I don't believe he does), then there should be some early improvement in the running game, but I don't see him finishing the season. The offensive line may be improved, but only if Sloth is literate enough to learn the game of football(not likely). The FA additions to the line are modest at best. And then there's the new coaching staff. They sure don't have impressive resume's. I really don't see 6-10 as being at all unrealistic. I hope that they get closer to 8-8, as long as the Chiefs sweep them again. But only because I want them drafting later and not be in position to draft a real QB without trading up.
I didn't miss the point at all... Denver gave KC the ball 43 yards from the endzone, so yeah you ran it a bunch not caring really if you scored or not, just kill the clock and if you score, great. And, thanks to a 15 yard facemask penalty, KC got within the 30 on the first play, so 8 runs at that point.

On the second part, we'll see how it all shakes out. I don't think the defense really takes a step back without Wade. Hell, you guys claimed it was going to be a downfall with Wade in year 3, I believe. And, now it's doom and gloom without him... so which is it?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:52 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
No, because it was unanimous that Lynch was awesome during that practice...

You obviously don't understand the word unanimous!
[Reply]
Page 890 of 4822
« First < 390790840880886887888889890 89189289389490094099013901890 > Last »
Up