ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1393 of 4823
« First < 39389312931343138313891390139113921393 139413951396139714031443149318932393 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:34 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
That's why I don't want Cousins. It would be a lot cheaper to bring in a RG and RT in FA and draft one of the 4 stud QB's.
This line of thought brings me back to my QB development philosophy. Let's just forget the salary numbers for a second, and consider the most important factor here.

Does Denver have the coaching staff right now to get any one of the QB prospects close to their respective ceilings? And if they don't, will Elway be able to find coaching replacements who can next offseason? Will they have an overall offensive supporting cast that will allow the QB to ease into his development smoothly?

These are all very legitimate questions right now, whereas with Cousins you at least know that the guy can play a little day one, regardless of the staff. There's always the chance that Cousins regresses due to having worse scheming and a less sufficient supporting cast, but I'd bet he'd do just fine there if they can use their picks wisely.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:46 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This line of thought brings me back to my QB development philosophy. Let's just forget the salary numbers for a second, and consider the most important factor here.

Does Denver have the coaching staff right now to get any one of the QB prospects close to their respective ceilings? And if they don't, will Elway be able to find coaching replacements who can next offseason? Will they have an overall offensive supporting cast that will allow the QB to ease into his development smoothly?

These are all very legitimate questions right now, whereas with Cousins you at least know that the guy can play a little day one, regardless of the staff. There's always the chance that Cousins regresses due to having worse scheming and a less sufficient supporting cast, but I'd bet he'd do just fine there if they can use their picks wisely.
I think they should cut bait with Vance Joseph and make a move for Pat Shurmur. Dude made an offense where Sam Bradford actually looked good until he inevitably got hurt, adjusted it to fit Keenum, and now they're in the NFC championship game.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:47 PM 01-20-2018
I like Bill Musgrave. He helped develop Carr and Carr's play dropped significantly after he left. Eli's best years came when Mike Sullivan was in NY. And we still have Kubes around the building.

If Denver can legitimately patch up their OL in FA, their rookie QB will have a shot.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:50 PM 01-20-2018
I like Bill Musgrave. He helped develop Carr and Carr's play dropped significantly after he left. Eli's best years came when Mike Sullivan was in NY. And we still have Kubes around the building.

If Denver can legitimately patch up their OL in FA, their rookie QB will have a shot.
If you made me bet, I think as of today there's a 50% chance or more that Baker Mayfield ends up a Bronco. Perspectives will vary, but I don't think that's a good thing for Denver. JM2C.

Musgrave has done some good things in the league though. I'd just be worried about how coachable Mayfield may or may not be. He needs humbled in the worst way.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:16 PM 01-20-2018
Shaq and Ray are good players. Ray has the ability to be a double digit sack guy year in and year out. They've just been stuck behind two HOF'ers for most of their career so the production just isn't there, and then Shaq and Ray got hurt in the offseason this year.

We don't need Chubb. Vita Vea would be a better fit for Denver than Chubb would.

He's not your run-of-the-mill guard.

Cousins wouldn't be my first choice btw
Isn't that a DB he did that to, not a DL?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:31 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
So what do the Donkey fans think the QB pick will be? Stay at 5 or move up to NYG if they don’t take a QB?
Probably the most JaMarcus-y, useless, bag o'dicks that John Davi-, I mean Al Elwa-, I mean Johnny McElfraud can pick up.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:00 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Isn't that a DB he did that to, not a DL?
I had to look it up. It was LB K'Lavon Chaisson
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:59 PM 01-20-2018
I remember when Chance Warmack and Johnathan Cooper were can't miss guards! And Danny Watkins! And I even remember the first couple years of David DeCastro sucking dick in the NFL.

For every Steve Hutchison there's a Tony Mandarich, Knowmo.

And you know damn well that if KC were in Denver's position and considering drafting Nelson that high, you'd be making the exact same fucking argument.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:26 PM 01-20-2018
It does seem like every "can't miss" guard that's drafted in the top 10 busts.

I'd prefer to not draft Nelson because if we do it means we just Flacco'd ourselves.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:28 PM 01-20-2018
What does flacco' d mean?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:33 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Signed a QB for a lot more than he's worth
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:35 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
You massively overpaid for a decent QB who needs a great team around him to win, but you gave him so much money that you can't afford anybody else.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:40 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If you made me bet, I think as of today there's a 50% chance or more that Baker Mayfield ends up a Bronco. Perspectives will vary, but I don't think that's a good thing for Denver. JM2C.

Musgrave has done some good things in the league though. I'd just be worried about how coachable Mayfield may or may not be. He needs humbled in the worst way.
30%

I think Horsefucker is going to aim for a FA because another drafted bust in the first round would be the end of his career.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:47 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
30%

I think Horsefucker is going to aim for a FA because another drafted bust in the first round would be the end of his career.
May he aim flailing and insecurely in an easterly direction for his next FA QB pickup!

To watch Veach fuck this clown would be just the BESTEST start to the 2018 Parade Of Rape!
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 01:07 AM 01-21-2018
Drafting a FUCKING OG at number 5? :-) can’t wait to see Chris Jones skull fuck Nelson then and throw him around like a doll
[Reply]
Page 1393 of 4823
« First < 39389312931343138313891390139113921393 139413951396139714031443149318932393 > Last »
Up