ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 86
« First < 29697576777879 80818283 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
Braincase 07:38 PM 11-15-2021
Yeah, I'm a nutjob, but I thought about it.
What if we're sandbagging?
What if we have Gordon, we know we can use him, but it's a matter of time/place?
There's NO TAPE on the guy. We can do whatever we feel like...
I know, but it's a thought.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:41 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
What growth are you seeing?
Again - not a ton. It’s been slow going. But it’s there.

He’s looking a little bit quicker and his routes a little bit better (and more complicated). He’s looking more active and engaged with things like blocking.

He’s almost looking like a 2nd day draft pick in that you’re seeing extremely small growth in the margins that you hope allows him to eventually break out a bit. Ideally it would be by the playoffs but for many rookies you end up just having to wait until the following year.

He looks like a rookie 3rd/4th round pick from a run-first program far as his growth curve goes. It’s slow and frustrating but it’s there if you squint.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:48 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - not a ton. It’s been slow going. But it’s there.

He’s looking a little bit quicker and his routes a little bit better (and more complicated). He’s looking more active and engaged with things like blocking.

He’s almost looking like a 2nd day draft pick in that you’re seeing extremely small growth in the margins that you hope allows him to eventually break out a bit. Ideally it would be by the playoffs but for many rookies you end up just having to wait until the following year.

He looks like a rookie 3rd/4th round pick from a run-first program far as his growth curve goes. It’s slow and frustrating but it’s there if you squint.
Cool, thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Delano 09:02 PM 11-15-2021
https://twitter.com/dwainmcfarland/s...35774184914944

If you are wondering why Josh Gordon hasn't been a thing yet for the Chiefs. Open rate versus single-man coverage: 14.3% (very bad)
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:05 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Braincase:
What if we have Gordon, we know we can use him, but it's a matter of time/place?
This has been my theory as well
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:07 PM 11-15-2021
Look at his numbers from 2017 on they are pretty much the same as Robinson's think you all are looking for 2013 Gordon. That's done
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:15 PM 11-15-2021
Trying to keep my hopes up.

Knowing Reid it's possible he's just getting him used to routes. Knowing mahomes it's possible he needs to build chemistry for the scramble drill.

For now, it's good to see he's been a great teammate. I still feel like he could and should play Pringles role, but do it better.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:24 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Braincase:
The issue I have with this is the wear and tear on Kelce and Reek. We lose one of them and we're in a world of hurt.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:27 PM 11-15-2021
I think they are hiding him for the Cowboys game.

I predict 3 for 63 and a TD!
[Reply]
Phoneix 10:35 PM 11-15-2021
I'm not sure....

Gordon is on the bottom and runs a 10 yard out pattern. He is technically open. If Mahomes leads him towards the sideline the defender has no chance. Instead he dumps to Kelce for a short gain.

I have seen this a few times where Gordon is open or can be passed open. But he either isn't the first option or Mahomes just doesn't have the trust with him yet. Yesterday was the second game in a row with 30+ snaps. He is clearly taking snaps from Robinson.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:39 PM 11-15-2021
WE'RE SAVING HIM FOR THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:33 PM 11-21-2021
We can all finally agree that this guy sucks right now, right?
[Reply]
Kman34 06:35 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
We can all finally agree that this guy sucks right now, right?
Used up... done..
[Reply]
Cornstock 06:42 PM 11-21-2021
Coming out of the bye will be the last chance. Either they install something for him then or what we've seen is all we will see.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:43 PM 11-21-2021
I think the rapport just isn't there and Mahomes overlooks him. Oh well.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 86
« First < 29697576777879 80818283 > Last »
Up