ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 205 of 319
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:26 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Remmers was actually one of 3 starting OTs that were in the top 10 of each in run and pass blocking
Remmers sucks
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:31 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wed stand to lose more than gain in this scenario. The player could just be like, welp ok, I'll just go to the team that's willing to sign me for what I want/what's reasonable rather than the team that won't restructure obvious contracts to afford me. There's basically no plus side to doing this as a poker move. Any agent would be able to see right through the BS.
Veach is going to offer what they want to pay. If it doesn’t meet what Williams wants....then he’ll leave. It is what it is. How many contracts we have to restructure to do it doesn’t matter.

That’s always been FA.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:38 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Veach is going to offer what they want to pay. If it doesn’t meet what Williams wants....then he’ll leave. It is what it is. How many contracts we have to restructure to do it doesn’t matter.

That’s always been FA.
The Mahomes factor doesn't work on every free agent, no matter how much we want to believe it.

"Player X is over 30 years old, they want a ring!" ORRRR they want to cash in as big as they fucking can before they retire at 35.
[Reply]
-King- 08:47 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

That’s always been FA.
Yeah...that's basically what I said lol. That's why the poker thing didn't make any sense.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:52 PM 03-14-2021
Calling my shot that Trent Williams stays in SF, KC signs a different OL. Linsley goes somewhere stupid never to be heard from again. Honey Badger gets extended. Jones converts portion of roster bonus, freeing up more space. KC signs free agent linebacker. KC re-signs Dirty Dan.

We draft Rashod Bateman.
[Reply]
mkp785 09:11 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Calling my shot that Trent Williams stays in SF, KC signs a different OL. Linsley goes somewhere stupid never to be heard from again. Honey Badger gets extended. Jones converts portion of roster bonus, freeing up more space. KC signs free agent linebacker. KC re-signs Dirty Dan.

We draft Rashod Bateman.
Love to get Thuney if we don't sign Williams for whatever reason. He's only 28 so he would be at elite level for the duration of a 5 year deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:53 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wed stand to lose more than gain in this scenario. The player could just be like, welp ok, I'll just go to the team that's willing to sign me for what I want/what's reasonable rather than the team that won't restructure obvious contracts to afford me. There's basically no plus side to doing this as a poker move. Any agent would be able to see right through the BS.
Okay, I think I'm done trying to explain simple strategy.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:56 PM 03-14-2021

We draft Rashod Bateman.
If this happens we'll have an even better team than the last 2 years. Bateman is a stud and Williams is an elite tackle
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:03 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
If this happens we'll have an even better team than the last 2 years. Bateman is a stud and Williams is an elite tackle
Williams wouldn't be here in that situation though.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 10:13 PM 03-14-2021

We draft Rashod Bateman.
Bateman is my draft crush so I approve of that very much
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:01 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Williams wouldn't be here in that situation though.
Yeah I misread the stays in SF part.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:49 PM 03-14-2021
SF just inked their FB for 5 years 27 million.

Wow

For a 30 year old fullback
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:15 AM 03-15-2021
I'm listening to the RGR podcast.

I don't think Derrick is being very creative in thought... when he says "I don't see how the Chiefs can afford Trent Williams" it just is silly.

He should understand what the Chiefs are able to create it cap room. Yeah, it would take roughly half of what the Chiefs CAN free up with the Kelce, Jones restructures and Mathieu extension (in AAV), but they certainly can afford Williams if they want to and he wants to be in KC to chase a ring.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:19 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'm listening to the RGR podcast.

I don't think Derrick is being very creative in thought... when he says "I don't see how the Chiefs can afford Trent Williams" it just is silly.

He should understand what the Chiefs are able to create it cap room. Yeah, it would take roughly half of what the Chiefs CAN free up with the Kelce, Jones restructures and Mathieu extension (in AAV), but they certainly can afford Williams if they want to and he wants to be in KC to chase a ring.
Yes, we didn't cut both tackles without a plan to add a big piece.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:44 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yes, we didn't cut both tackles without a plan to add a big piece.
I mean, maybe the plan is Villanueva or Reiff + Thuney. Or a trade/extension. Or something like that.
[Reply]
Page 205 of 319
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305 > Last »
Up