View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 99 of 343
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:16 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah that would be dumb. OBJ is not sitting out this season. At worst he's going to skip training camp.
I would say the worst is reporting by week 10. But most likely is to skip training camp. Really if he wants that 25 number from anyone he needs to report and have a great year and show he is a top 3 tackle.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:18 AM 07-15-2022
Nobody actually knows what the hell is going on here. We all have seen the Chiefs have no problem paying players what they are worth and even more in some cases.

If OBJ doesn't sign, it's because he's being unreasonable, and it's really that simple. If he holds out, the Chiefs will find another option, win a lot of games, and the sun will continue to rise. He's not as important as he thinks he is in the short term, at this point his 2021 production is very replaceable. He wants to get paid on potential alone that he hasn't fully shown. I would be hesitant if I was Veach, too.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:19 AM 07-15-2022
Surely OBJ isn't as dumb as he looks!
[Reply]
Oxford 08:21 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
The Chiefs have apparently offered him 19 million, which is the 5th highest amount for LT’s. That seems a reasonable figure. It also happens that the 19 million would be at the top of the RT heap. So 5th overall Tackle money. Seems like a more than fair offer.
I think my unease comes from the "I'm working out on my own", give me a boatload of money trusting me that I'm in training camp shape and not nursing an injury.

Why not sign the tag, come to the offseason stuff, and allow your agent to continue to earn his money and get you a contract.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:21 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah that would be dumb. OBJ is not sitting out this season. At worst he's going to skip training camp.
That's most likely. And it's also stupid on his part.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:21 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Of course they threw it. Black Magick occult sent in the order to mahomes and Andy. Open your eyes and see the truth. So blatantly obvious.

-- BlackOp
There was such a change in their mannerisms and attitude coming out of the 2nd half. Best explanation is there was some blow up in the locker room between someone that was in front of the team or that they could hear.

I'm sure that happens a lot, we just never hear about it. They are all type "A" personalities, Competing in a very physical game. The testasorne in the locker room on game days must be off the charts at times.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:30 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That's most likely. And it's also stupid on his part.
Yep.

It's not a real popular opinion, but if he does that, I'd sign Fisher and say it's an open competition for the left tackle starting spot. And if he bitched about it, I'd tag and trade him before next season.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:30 AM 07-15-2022
Seems pretty stupid for Brown to not sign his tender and play under the tag, especially when he doesn't really have any leverage in the situation. Or I guess you could try and go the route of LEveon Bell, who said this week he regretted the decision he made and wishes he would've just played in 2018.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yep.

It's not a real popular opinion, but if he does that, I'd sign Fisher and say it's an open competition for the left tackle starting spot. And if he bitched about it, I'd tag and trade him before next season.
I don't really understand the Fisher stuff.

If you're gonna roll with someone else, just roll with one of the guys on the roster already.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:45 AM 07-15-2022
A lot of assumptions in this thread that Fisher is healthy and can still play and those ideas are completely fabricated out of desperation
[Reply]
O.city 08:46 AM 07-15-2022
This is where the agent run around fucks you. Had you known earlier he was gonna do the whole tag sit out or contract demands thing, prior to the draft, you could have done something and gone a different direction.

Fuck, it's my go to thing, but at this point, don't ever trade for a guy needing a contract extension. It's just not worth the headache.
[Reply]
Balto 08:48 AM 07-15-2022
I'd sign Duane Brown to a 1 year deal while OBJ's contract or whatever gets figured out.

Would LOVE seeing:

"Chiefs finalizing deal with LT Brown on a new 1 year deal" MUAHAHAHA that would F with people
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:52 AM 07-15-2022
its just amazing to me that this guy actually thinks he is a top LT. He definitely is very good but I doubt he is even top 10.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:56 AM 07-15-2022
14. He's "pretty good" but possibly improving.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:58 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
its just amazing to me that this guy actually thinks he is a top LT. He definitely is very good but I doubt he is even top 10.
Is that really relevant? How we got here is history. We are here. The soon to be ballooning cap is reality. Players, Agents, GM's etc, all know its coming.

Letting the guy walk and us spending draft capitol on another LT with no guarantee they will be any better than Brown sounds insane to me.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 343
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Up