ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 361
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:15 AM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Shit, i know he would.

hes located in Jefferson City I can hook you up with him if you want
Ill holler at you a couple days/ week before I come that way again and might just load the thing up and see if we can make it happen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:25 PM 08-16-2015
hey guys, looking for advice on tuning. I'm looking to just get the engine in tip top efficient running.

Not really looking for more HP or torque. If that happens great. Main goal is to have a finely tuned machine under foot. When I press the gas, it takes off.

What should I pay? How do I decide who to do the tuning? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:33 PM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
hey guys, looking for advice on tuning. I'm looking to just get the engine in tip top efficient running.

Not really looking for more HP or torque. If that happens great. Main goal is to have a finely tuned machine under foot. When I press the gas, it takes off.

What should I pay? How do I decide who to do the tuning? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Find a tuner near or nearish to you that has lots of experience and feedback tuning with your type of car/ecu etc.

Tuning can range from 300 to 1000 bucks depending on the application.

You WILL gain HP and TQ :P
[Reply]
lewdog 05:47 PM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Find a tuner near or nearish to you that has lots of experience and feedback tuning with your type of car/ecu etc.

Tuning can range from 300 to 1000 bucks depending on the application.

You WILL gain HP and TQ :P
I would assume gaining horsepower and torque is the object of most tunes. Are there tunes out there that don't increase those and if so what are they actually increasing that's worth paying money for?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:49 PM 08-16-2015

You really think someone that's tuned maybe 5-10 of those cars will be able to improve over the factory tune that's had THOUSANDS of hours being perfected and millions of dollars invested in? If you're not modified spend your money elsewhere.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:51 PM 08-16-2015
I own an SCT tuner that I used to change my gear ratios in the computer for the 4:10 gears. Past that I'm not sure I know much else about what I should do with it? I realize I can royally fuck something up by doing something incorrectly as well with it. Maybe a shop around here would use it to do something for me?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:56 PM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I own an SCT tuner that I used to change my gear ratios in the computer for the 4:10 gears. Past that I'm not sure I know much else about what I should do with it? I realize I can royally **** something up by doing something incorrectly as well with it. Maybe a shop around here would use it to do something for me?
Now YOU, with cam work and exhaust and a CAI would benefit from a tune. Do your homework a poor tune is no bueno.
[Reply]
Buzz 05:58 PM 08-16-2015
I think tuning it could allow the dealer to deny a warranty claim.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:06 PM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I think tuning it could allow the dealer to deny a warranty claim.
depends.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:01 PM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Now YOU, with cam work and exhaust and a CAI would benefit from a tune. Do your homework a poor tune is no bueno.
I'm realizing this with even the mild modifications I have. My question is my ability to use the SCT myself since I own it or requesting the help of a speed shop?
[Reply]
Hamwallet 07:14 PM 08-16-2015
I picked up 15-20 HP and torque on my LS1 GTO's with a good dyno tune bone stock. Of course I had them tuned in Orlando and Tampa when I lived down there. Not sure if there are any good tuners in Kansas City. It was worth the 3-400 bucks each time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:16 PM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
You really think someone that's tuned maybe 5-10 of those cars will be able to improve over the factory tune that's had THOUSANDS of hours being perfected and millions of dollars invested in? If you're not modified spend your money elsewhere.
The only modification is the muffler delete and the only one planned. Other SPS members were getting tuned. But, maybe they want to race them or care about a gain of 5-10 HP. Not my deal so not applicable.

This past week or so I blew away and I mean left them in the dust. a Mustang GT500, Porsche and a Corvette. I'm coming back from the beach, tonight and some souped up drifter pulled up at the stoplight. I had him beat by a full car length when I hit 55 and backed off. It's fast enough for me.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08-16-2015, 09:24 PM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief. Reason: dupe
BigRedChief 09:25 PM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
I picked up 15-20 HP and torque on my LS1 GTO's with a good dyno tune bone stock. Of course I had them tuned in Orlando and Tampa when I lived down there. Not sure if there are any good tuners in Kansas City. It was worth the 3-400 bucks each time.
I live in the Tampa metro area.

Question is for anyone.....Does muffler delete change RPM / performance curve? Does a dynotune blow the warranty?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:39 AM 08-17-2015
Yes, a tune will void your warranty if they catch you. Not catching you involves you switching back and running x number of miles or cycles before taking it to the dealer. I've had a few tuned cars. My advice...

Don't tune your car for another year or two. Wait until a few companies have gotten really good at it and then pick one of them. Let other people be the guinea pigs. If you end up doing an email tune, make sure they get you setup to data log etc. Also, generally speaking, if you're going to tune, you probably want to upgrade the air intake as well, which can also void your warranty if you don't reinstall the original one before going to the dealer.

If it were mine, and its not, I wouldn't do any performance mods until hundreds of others had worked out ALL of the kinks.

Be careful street racing brother. Cars with power like ours can get away from us easily, especially when it is still new to us. Even if you're in complete control, what if the other guy isn't? I don't want you or some innocent family to end up getting hurt. I'm really not trying to be a dick or to preach to you. I sort of know someone who got killed and hurt a family and it sticks in the back of my mind.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:42 AM 08-17-2015
Does muffler delete change RPM / performance curve?
It will not make any difference in your car. It will feel like it has though because the louder exhaust will get your adrenaline flowing :-)
[Reply]
Page 91 of 361
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up