ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Potential 1st round Targets
staylor26 03:29 PM 02-13-2024
WR:

Troy Franklin, Oregon
Adonai Mitchell, Texas
Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama


Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
O.city 02:21 PM 02-20-2024
The Chiefs move WR's around, they dont' have "outside" "slot" guys. They just don't value those types that you all are talking about or atleast haven't in the past.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:24 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs move WR's around, they dont' have "outside" "slot" guys.
So what. We need guys that win on the boundary.

Thatís not how Rice was used last year.

If you are looking at redundancy it would be spending a high pick on a slot WR.
[Reply]
kcbubb 02:27 PM 02-20-2024
I liked Xavier worthy a lot and wasn’t excited about adonai Mitchell until the college playoffs and Texas kept calling plays at the end of the game for Mitchell and worthy barely got the ball. And Mitchell expected the ball was upset when he didn’t get it. Mitchell is a gamer, high floor prospect. Great hands and great in the red zone. I’d be happy if the chiefs picked him, but this draft is so deep at wr. I’d probably try and trade up in the 3rd and get two WRs.


I like Brenden rice, Jerry’s son. He’s 6’2” and 212 lbs and a 4.38 40. He was clocked at 23 mph on the gps and is long strider deep threat like his dad. Drop rate of 4.3%. When I see a WR that lifts weights like what put him on Feldmans freak list, it just shows me that he’s a hard worker and really that’s what we need. We need emotionally consistent players that will work hard and be able to handle the moment. Guys like Toney have the talent but not the maturity and that worries me with guys like Xavier worthy or Legette, especially if you’re picking them early.

Made Bruce Feldman's Freaks List at #53. He said, "...the biggest Freak of the bunch is the one with the heftiest football bloodlines, Brenden Rice, son of the greatest receiver ever, Jerry Rice. The younger Rice, who had 39 catches for 611 yards (15.7-yard average) and four touchdowns in 2022, is 6-3, 215 pounds and hit 23 MPH on the GPS and had an impressive 1.43 10-yard split. This offseason, Rice also vertical-jumped 38 inches, did 17 reps of 225 on the bench and squatted 525 for three reps."

https://x.com/DWTB_/status/1754207977718853893?s=20

And there’s a few others I like in the third also. I like Jalen McMillan. If he falls late in the third, I like Burton. Pick the fatties in rounds 1 & 2 and get me two WRs in the third, please.
[Reply]
O.city 02:27 PM 02-20-2024
Rice was inside and out. He wasn't a "slot" guy.

Same as Tyreek was here, same as Andy has always used his WR's.
[Reply]
O.city 02:30 PM 02-20-2024
I'm pro having a real guy outside that can win, but it just doesn't seem something the Chiefs have valued
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:30 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Rice was inside and out. He wasn't a "slot" guy.

Same as Tyreek was here, same as Andy has always used his WR's.
Juju also lined up outside a lot when he was here.

Still didnít make him an outside WR.


Anyways, enough how many angels can dance on a pin with you.

Watch where Rice caught the ball last year.
[Reply]
O.city 03:00 PM 02-20-2024
I guess argue semantics if you want.

Still won't likely end with the Chiefs drafting a guy they never target in these things, but carry on.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:09 PM 02-20-2024
Who compares most similarly to Zay Flowers?

Apparently that's who we fell in love with last year but couldn't maneuver up to get.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:36 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I guess argue semantics if you want.

Still won't likely end with the Chiefs drafting a guy they never target in these things, but carry on.


Up until 2023 draft you could say the Chiefs never targeted good WR's.

You can keep looking for the next Skyy Moore. I will target guys that look like real NFL players.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:26 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Who compares most similarly to Zay Flowers?

Apparently that's who we fell in love with last year but couldn't maneuver up to get.
Probably Corley strictly from a traits standpoint.

There's just so much size in this draft. Flowers is barely scraping 5'10'', IIRC. And maybe 180 lbs. He's also not a burner - more quick than fast.

How about Roman Wilson? That seems to be a pretty fair comp. Roman Wilson looks like a lesser version of Flowers to me in a lot of ways. Maybe a solid pick in the 2nd.
[Reply]
O.city 04:35 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Up until 2023 draft you could say the Chiefs never targeted good WR's.

You can keep looking for the next Skyy Moore. I will target guys that look like real NFL players.
Talk to the team that's won 3 of the past 5 SB's, not me. I haven't drafted a player, I traded all my picks away.
[Reply]
O.city 04:36 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Probably Corley strictly from a traits standpoint.

There's just so much size in this draft. Flowers is barely scraping 5'10'', IIRC. And maybe 180 lbs. He's also not a burner - more quick than fast.

How about Roman Wilson? That seems to be a pretty fair comp. Roman Wilson looks like a lesser version of Flowers to me in a lot of ways. Maybe a solid pick in the 2nd.
I've kinda zero'd in on Wilson in the 2nd round as a real target that would seem to fit what they look for.

Amon Ra St Brown had a similar athletic profile.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:55 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've kinda zero'd in on Wilson in the 2nd round as a real target that would seem to fit what they look for.

Amon Ra St Brown had a similar athletic profile.
I keep asking myself why I shouldn't be elated with Jermaine Burton if we got him in the 2nd.

My answer is usually "you should be - he won't be there. Just take Jalen McMillan and call it a day..."

But Burton seems to have that dreaded 'Character Concerns' tag floating about him and that might push him down into that late 2nd. I don't think I'd be looking to trade up for him, but I'd be intrigued by a slide for sure.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:31 PM 02-20-2024
There's a lot not on this list purely because of FA expectations that I wouldn't necessarily rule out right now. A couple off the top of my head would be CB Kamari Lassiter, Georgia and LB Edgerrin Cooper, Texas A&M. Those boys bring it and both could be holes to fill. I don't rule Veach out of doing anything, honestly.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:56 PM 02-20-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I keep asking myself why I shouldn't be elated with Jermaine Burton if we got him in the 2nd.

My answer is usually "you should be - he won't be there. Just take Jalen McMillan and call it a day..."

But Burton seems to have that dreaded 'Character Concerns' tag floating about him and that might push him down into that late 2nd. I don't think I'd be looking to trade up for him, but I'd be intrigued by a slide for sure.
I like McMillan a lot. He’s just a smooth athlete. He transitions well and I could see him becoming a really good route runner. I get the intrigue with Burton. He’s amazing on the deep ball and really adjusts well in the air to catch the ball. I’d rather have McMillan in the third than Burton in the 2nd. I think there is more nuance to McMillan’s game and long term, I think he will be a really solid pro. Plus Burton is a hot head. He talks trash after every good play he makes. There’s some risk there with his judgement.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up