ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
DJ's left nut 02:07 PM 04-12-2023
New thread to discuss all things MU Basketball related heading into year 2 of the Gates era.

Thus far we've had a couple of misses in the portal and lost a non-factor. I suppose I can update the OP as roster changes come about.

Updates:

2023-2024 roster:

Spoiler!


Is it just me or is that a MASSIVE roster?


Departures: Hodge, Gomillion, Gholston, Sterberg (eligibility). Brown, Mosely (pro), DeGray, Diarra (transfer)

2024 Commitment list:

Marcus Allen -- 4* forward
Antonio (T.O.) Barrett -- 4* Guard
Peyton Marshall -- 4* Center
Annor Boateng -- 4* Guard
Trent Burns -- 4* Center


Probable Rotation:
Spoiler!


Schedule:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 12:44 PM 11-20-2023
Does Deion have a son who plays basketball there? What happened
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:35 PM 11-28-2023
These motherfuckers should win this, but are gonna fuck around and lose.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:41 PM 11-28-2023
31 free throws for Pitt and 12 for Mizzou seems a bit fucking lopsided. They literally wouldn't be in this game without that crazy shit.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:42 PM 11-28-2023
Pitt is a decent team and Mizzou took care of business. Haters can suck it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:43 PM 11-28-2023
They did it! Held Pittsburgh to 16 made baskets, that's pretty impressive. 25 of there 64 points came from free throws. Missouri just dominated that game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:44 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Pitt is a decent team and Mizzou took care of business. Haters can suck it.
What haters are there?
[Reply]
phisherman 08:48 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What haters are there?
They came out swinging after a young Mizzou team lost to Jackson State. All part of the process really when Gates has so much turnover from last year.

This team will definitely get better. To my eye, and I'm not a fanatic, this team just has more length and athleticism than any Mizzou team has had in quite a while.

And by haters, I mostly mean KU f**ks that gloat every time Mizzou loses a game. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:50 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Pitt is a decent team and Mizzou took care of business. Haters can suck it.
Losing to a trash Jackson State team deserved MORE criticism than what any of us here doled out. The heck you talking about?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:51 PM 11-28-2023
Good win tonight...simple as that
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 09:06 PM 11-28-2023
This Mizzou basketball team is so weird. Lose to Jackson state at home, Memphis by a million, win at Minnesota when down by 20 with less than 10 minutes left, and boat race Pitt when we were 17 point dogs. Guessing this is a rebuilding year for Gates, he’s just such a good coach that we overachieve at times.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 09:29 PM 11-28-2023
That was a great win, those refs were trash.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:43 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
This Mizzou basketball team is so weird. Lose to Jackson state at home, Memphis by a million, win at Minnesota when down by 20 with less than 10 minutes left, and boat race Pitt when we were 17 point dogs. Guessing this is a rebuilding year for Gates, hes just such a good coach that we overachieve at times.
Exactly.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:44 PM 11-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Losing to a trash Jackson State team deserved MORE criticism than what any of us here doled out. The heck you talking about?
Mizzou lost to UMKC a few years back. I get the criticism, I really do. What I don't get is the constant crippling cynicism. Year after year. I don't have time in my life for that constant neurotic bullshit.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:00 PM 12-03-2023
Wtf did Nick Honor jack up that 3 and brick the shit outta it lmao.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:03 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Mizzou lost to UMKC a few years back. I get the criticism, I really do. What I don't get is the constant crippling cynicism. Year after year. I don't have time in my life for that constant neurotic bullshit.
I have hope for Dennis Gates, but what has ever happened in Mizzou basketball history that would lead to anything other than cynicism? Plus 8 out of the last 10 years we've had absolute ass suck for coaching and recruiting.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up