ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 222 of 1956
« First < 122172212218219220221222 2232242252262322723227221222 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:38 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
1. Ending the pandemic means opening for real. Even though Iím vaxxed I still have to wear a mask to a ball game, for example
2. The longer the virus is around in large numbers the more time it has to evolve into a variant thatís not dependent on the spike protein targeted by the vaccine
3. Vaccines arenít perfect
4. My kids arenít vaxxed
Sounds like you don't have a lot of faith in your vaccine then. Natural immunity from infection should last 10+ years and needs no boosters.
[Reply]
Donger 08:38 AM 05-12-2021
Diseases are contagious. Weíve required kids to get their shots before going to school for a hundred years.

We required young men to go to war and die. Imagine how that would go today with the little bitches afraid of a shot and a mask.
While what you said in the previous post is accurate, if you are trying to convince people who are in the fence, you're doing it wrong with this post.
[Reply]
Donger 08:40 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Sounds like you don't have a lot of faith in your vaccine then. Natural immunity from infection should last 10+ years and needs no boosters.
What data do you have that immunity through infection of the original strain will exist against the variants, namely B1.617?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 08:54 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
but you're vaccinated and protected, right?

What are you worried about?

and i'm not afraid of shots - I get two, twice a month.

I answered that above, actually
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 08:56 AM 05-12-2021

I have plenty of confidence in the vaccine, based on the observable data.

(2) is related to people who are remaining unvaccinated and allowing the disease to spread and mutate in large numbers.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:12 AM 05-12-2021
I have plenty of confidence in the vaccine, based on the observable data.

(2) is related to people who are remaining unvaccinated and allowing the disease to spread and mutate in large numbers.
Lots of essential workers already got Covid while they were preparing your food, working in warehouses, and catering to all your needs.

They don't need a vaccine.

As for viruses mutating, yup, that's what they do. If you want to dedicate your life to such a silly endeavor as stopping virus mutation, be my guest! But the world has bigger problems to worry about then your sci-fi fantasies. You won't get much help.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:36 AM 05-12-2021
Lots of essential workers already got Covid while they were preparing your food, working in warehouses, and catering to all your needs.

They don't need a vaccine.

As for viruses mutating, yup, that's what they do. If you want to dedicate your life to such a silly endeavor as stopping virus mutation, be my guest! But the world has bigger problems to worry about then your sci-fi fantasies. You won't get much help.

Sorry is viruses mutating just something that happens or is it science fiction?

Anyway, tell that to smallpox, or measles until the recent idiotic anti vax movement
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:56 AM 05-12-2021
Sorry is viruses mutating just something that happens or is it science fiction?

Anyway, tell that to smallpox, or measles until the recent idiotic anti vax movement
Dummy, learn how to read.

"As for viruses mutating, yup, that's what they do."

Don't have time for the slow kids today.

Zero Covid is a religion led by minor figures that have no standing in the scientific community for infectious disease, immunology, virology, or epidemiology.

"Most people who know anything about infectious disease don't think total eradication is possible." - Harvard Chan's @BillHanage says that while COVID-19 won't disappear, we will get to a point where it is less of a threat (via @CNN). https://t.co/bjtdVpmPuf
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:09 AM 05-12-2021
Dummy, learn how to read.

"As for viruses mutating, yup, that's what they do."

Don't have time for the slow kids today.

Zero Covid is a religion led by minor figures that have no standing in the scientific community for infectious disease, immunology, virology, or epidemiology.

"Most people who know anything about infectious disease don't think total eradication is possible." - Harvard Chan's @BillHanage says that while COVID-19 won't disappear, we will get to a point where it is less of a threat (via @CNN). https://t.co/bjtdVpmPuf

Are you rooting for the virus?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:01 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Should those not willing to take the vaccine, without health reasons, be isolated/quarantined until the time comes that they are vaccinated and safe for reasonable society?
:-)

Is this a serious fucking question?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:03 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Iím not scared. Iím just not comfortable with a rushed vaccine using relatively new tech. If 5 years down the road itís fine, then sure.

BTW, I like that nobody comments on the OH BTW YOU NEED A BOOSTER surprise. Shouldnít they have known that up front if it was so well researched?
It certainly sounds like you are. What is 5 years going to do for you that the last 10 or so haven't?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:06 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
No. In a word........No.

I dont have to give up freedoms to get freedoms back.
What freedom are you giving up taking a shot that has little downside for 99.9999% of people?
[Reply]
Donger 12:06 PM 05-12-2021
Iím not scared. Iím just not comfortable with a rushed vaccine using relatively new tech. If 5 years down the road itís fine, then sure.

BTW, I like that nobody comments on the OH BTW YOU NEED A BOOSTER surprise. Shouldnít they have known that up front if it was so well researched?
Are you comfortable in general with non-mRNA vaccines, such as the J&J viral vector vaccine?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:15 PM 05-12-2021
Are you rooting for the virus?
No, I'm rooting against your religion, the Cult of Covid.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 12:39 PM 05-12-2021
BTW, I like that nobody comments on the OH BTW YOU NEED A BOOSTER surprise. Shouldn’t they have known that up front if it was so well researched?

Thats because this was not a surprise to anyone who actually bothered to understand or look into it.
There were questions from literally day 1 as to how long the vaccine (and also how long just getting actual covid naturally)
will protect you for in terms of antibodies. This is the same for many many vaccines. Many vaccines will need boosting from time to time.
Some viruses mutate and thus require boosters to handle mutations etc.
Just because YOU were surprised doesn't mean more intelligent people were surprised. This falls into "things I can google
about vaccines that can be answered in 30 seconds" category.
[Reply]
Page 222 of 1956
« First < 122172212218219220221222 2232242252262322723227221222 > Last »
Up