ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 281 of 435
« First < 181231271277278279280281 282283284285291331381 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:37 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
They didn't try to scheme him out of shit. They treated him just like any other weak side defensive end. I think you misinterpret them running plays the side Clark isn't on as them trying to scheme him out of a play when in reality they're just running plays to their strong side. Has nothing to do with Clark specifically.
Then why did they run 9 fake sweeps/screens at him?
[Reply]
-King- 11:06 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Then why did they run 9 fake sweeps/screens at him?
What? Why do you think he specifically dictated anything that they did and it had nothing to do with them just running plays to their strong side which he as a weak side DE doesn't line up on?

Like I said,it's funny how according to you both Spags and the opposing OCs scheme to keep him from making impact plays. Really convenient.
[Reply]
-King- 11:13 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Something is wrong there. I dunno what, but he's just not the same.

Which is even more reason to move on or take a pay cut or something.
If he takes a large pay cut, that would be cool. He's a solid player. But if not, see yah, thanks for the 5 sacks in he 2019 playoffs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 AM 01-21-2021
If he takes a large pay cut, that would be cool. He's a solid player. But if not, see yah, thanks for the 5 sacks in he 2019 playoffs.
That's where I'm at.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 11:18 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I still think something is physically wrong with him.

He's not the same guy, and it's not like he's a low effort individual, or old enough to fall off the cliff.

Something is not right.
I agree. He was coming off the ball very quickly the first month of the season, then he disappeared.
Last year, Clark was a beat in the playoffs. He struggled the first half of the season, finished with 8 sacks but then had five in 3 playoff games. Thus, he had 13 sacks in 19 games.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:21 AM 01-21-2021
The cap hit makes that impossible.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:22 AM 01-21-2021
Another thing: I didn't come up with idea that teams were scheming Clark. That actually was Baldinger last season. I just picked up on it and brought it here. Tbh, I never would've seen it without an expert like Baldy pointing it out. And no, it wasn't a film study about Clark. It was a film study about how offenses can scheme to neutralize problem defenders. Clark was just mentioned during the clip, alone with AD, JJ Watt, etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
The cap hit makes that impossible.
Not after 2021.

He can renegotiate now, lower the cap hit, and kick the can down the road.

Or they can cut him next year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:26 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not after 2021.

He can renegotiate now, lower the cap hit, and kick the can down the road.

Or they can cut him next year.
Nah. Tell him he's either taking a outright pay cut or getting cut from the roster as soon as it's feasible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Nah. Tell him he's either taking a outright pay cut or getting cut from the roster as soon as it's feasible.
Well, they can tell him to take a pay cut now and he can just refuse. They can't cut him now, his dead cap hit would be a nightmare $38M, so they don't really have the leverage to request an outright pay cut.

They've got to give him some incentive to renegotiate now, or ride it out to next year, when they actually can cut him and his dead cap hit drops to $12M.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:34 AM 01-21-2021
Seriously. He got neutralized by Blake fucking Hance, an undrafted G they signed last week that's been practice squad fodder his entire career. All things considered this is probably his most embarrassing performance as a Chief.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:46 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Seriously. He got neutralized by Blake ****ing Hance, an undrafted G they signed last week that's been practice squad fodder his entire career. All things considered this is probably his most embarrassing performance as a Chief.
Bro, do you even watch the games!!!1!ONE!!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:51 AM 01-21-2021
Good thing we have Danna and Wharton bc Clark and Jones have been ass this year.

Chris Jones has his lowest sack total since 2017 and in 7 playoff games he has yet to have a sack.
[Reply]
-King- 11:53 AM 01-21-2021
I predict he'll have a sack either this game or in the superbowl and people are going to start the "See he shows up in big games!!!!!" even though he'll be right at his 1 sack every 3 games pace.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Good thing we have Danna and Wharton bc Clark and Jones have been ass this year.

Chris Jones has his lowest sack total since 2017 and in 7 playoff games he has yet to have a sack.
Dude, the guy had multiple passes defensed in the playoffs last year and was disruptive in every game. It's not like he's fallen off a cliff. Matching his 2017 sack total will be really fucking hard to do, that was one of the best seasons by an IDL ever.

You wanna bust on Clark go ahead but Chris Jones is a man amongst boys and every advanced metric shows him as such.
[Reply]
Page 281 of 435
« First < 181231271277278279280281 282283284285291331381 > Last »
Up