ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 221 of 435
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:33 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Haha I was slightly baiting you with the second sentence, I'm sorry. You did put words in my mouth about the Raiders O line when you quoted me though, so you deserved it.

I do think the point is valid that you pay guys the big bucks to beat the good O lines, I'm not really willing to get into too much of a debate about Mack because I don't have time to go back and watch the Bears Raiders game and see if they just shut Mack down by chipping him every passing down, or at the cost of giving up pressure elsewhere by focusing on Mack.

I'm not even one of the people on here expecting splashy plays all the time from him. The thing about D linemen is that an offense can commit to shutting them down if they want to pay the price that it costs. You can double team Donald every snap and probably prevent him from getting much pressure for a whole game, if you want to leave the guy next to him 1 on 1 all game.

I don't even think Clark sucks, I am just not a fan of the deal that brought him to KC. He's a good player we paid an elite player price for.

How about this, when you look at the price tags on Clark and Mack, would you agree they are both in the same ball park, 20.8m vs 23.5m average per year and 2 first rounders vs a 1st and a 2nd rounder? Do you think Clark and Mack are in the same ballpark talent wise?
:-)
No worries. At least half my fault for allowing myself to get re-engaged into this thread. Right after I posted that I wouldn't. So I'm the dumb one.

Anyway, good questions you've got here.

I'll skip getting into Mack's performance against the Raiders for now, but you got the gist of it. They doubled him, chipped him, ran most of their plays away from him, etc. But sometimes they had to let Brown just take him on, and Brown won all of those match-ups. Lot of possible reasons for that, but not going to dive into that here.

But that last bit, that's a question to look at it.

The short answer is "no," I don't think Clark is on the same level as an athlete or even as just a sack artist as Mack, and I don't believe it's close.

Mack is like Aaron Donald; they're mutants/freaks and can't really be compared to anyone else currently in the league, IMO. They are physical outliers, like Barry Sanders or Shaq, and comparing anyone to them just isn't fair to the field.

However, Veach and Spags didn't bring Clark to KC to get sacks. They knew he could get after the passer, and would ring up about 9-12 sacks/season, sure, but that wasn't the primary reason to trade for him, IMO.

He was brought to KC to be an anchor on the DL, a run-stopper (which as we all remember was a huge problem for our DEs the previous couple seasons), a leader in the lockerroom, and a legit pass-rusher.

I've made all these arguments before, in this very thread, so I'm not going to repeat all of that again, but my overall point has always been that Frank isn't just a pass-rusher. He's a Swiss Army knife on the DL. That's why he's here; Spags wanted a guy that could pass rush, and defend the run. And go into coverage. And play at DT. And understand situational football. And lead. And play unselfishly. Etc.

And I don't really care that he gets paid $20 million/yr, not after he did what he did in the playoffs and LIV. He showed up big in the last half of 2019 and the playoffs, something a KC DE hadn't done in some time, and by that 'metric' alone, he was worth it, IMO.

From basically the first day, Clark had his position nailed down, and after that it was just get Jones to play a little more disciplined, find some help for Nnadi (Saunders/Pennel), and rotate a crew of JAGs in at the other DE spot, move them around at will because you know you have at least three guys on that line that know what they're doing. Result? Win LIV. To me, that's worth $20 million/yr.

Anyway, sorry if I came off testy; wasn't my intention.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:35 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Pretty sure everyone is talking about him rushing the passer.
Oh, I know it. Same as last year. My bad for getting roped into this. Again. You're good.:-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:24 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Jones had more "splash" plays where he almost got there but he was no more productive than Clark.

Like I said before Wharton put them both to shame.
And I've realized im wasting my time
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:51 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
And I've realized im wasting my time
Welcome to the club, my friend, welcome. There's a couple waitresses with snack trays going around the room, and the bar's on the patio . . .:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:56 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Jones had more "splash" plays where he almost got there but he was no more productive than Clark.

Like I said before Wharton put them both to shame.
Doubling down on stupid
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:12 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Doubling down on stupid

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:18 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Plays like this for Frank sprinkled in every game, but you'll never get the haters to even admit they happen, because they aren't "splash plays."
I'm not going to be impressed that he called out a play that our offense probably runs 50-times a day in practice. He did a good job there but lets not act like he just had a 3-sack game or something like that.

I haven't been impressed with him so far this season and he's vastly overpaid for the production he is bringing. I don't see how anyone could disagree. I'm sure he will turn it around. He did last season but so far it is what it is.

D is still doing good overall not every signing or trade is going to be perfect.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:21 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm not going to be impressed that he called out a play that our offense probably runs 50-times a day in practice. He did a good job there but lets not act like he just had a 3-sack game or something like that.

I haven't been impressed with him so far this season and he's vastly overpaid for the production he is bringing. I don't see how anyone could disagree. I'm sure he will turn it around. He did last season but so far it is what it is.

D is still doing good overall not every signing or trade is going to be perfect.
Never said it was the same thing as getting a bunch of sacks. But it is an indicator of what kind of football mind he has.

How many times you think Dee or Houston recog that play? How about ever?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:32 PM 11-03-2020

He recognized it based on...our offense's tendencies?!? I mean, literally zero people are buying that nonsense.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:49 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He recognized it based on...our offense's tendencies?!? I mean, literally zero people are buying that nonsense.
So he recognized one play. Guess we should put him in the HOF.

Look i like Clark and think he will turn it around but so far he hasn't done much this season. Sorry if that upsets you but it's reality.
[Reply]
R Clark 10:51 PM 11-03-2020
Zero people are buying the bullshit you put out
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:51 PM 11-03-2020
So he recognized one play. Guess we should put him in the HOF.

Look i like Clark and think he will turn it around but so far he hasn't done much this season. Sorry if that upsets you but it's reality.
Honest question here, but who, outside of you, is talking about the HOF?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:52 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Zero people are buying the bullshit you put out
With what, specifically, do you disagree?
[Reply]
R Clark 01:38 PM 11-04-2020
With what, specifically, do you disagree?
Not a thing ,had my head up my ass. My apologies
[Reply]
-King- 11:02 PM 11-22-2020
He forgot to get on the plane to Vegas huh? Damn bye week hangover
[Reply]
Page 221 of 435
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271321 > Last »
Up