ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 387
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256 > Last »
Lenny "The Cool" Lounge>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 04:33 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
PFF gave him THREE sacks


Are they counting the strip/int play?
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:35 PM 11-19-2019
Reiter needs to go. And honestly Wylie can as well.

Bring back Wiz on a 1 or 2 year deal and draft another interior lineman.

Fisher - Rankin - Wiz - LDT - Schwartz

And we really need to be looking at drafting a swing tackle as well. Although I am interested in the guy that we signed off the Colts practice squad last week.
[Reply]
O.city 04:36 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Reiter needs to go. And honestly Wylie can as well.

Bring back Wiz on a 1 or 2 year deal and draft another interior lineman.

Fisher - Rankin - Wiz - LDT - Schwartz

And we really need to be looking at drafting a swing tackle as well. Although I am interested in the guy that we signed off the Colts practice squad last week.
I'm not sure why anyone wants to bring back LDT. He makes a lot, is hurt a lot, and isn't really that good.

I'd try to replace the whole interior of the OL.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:40 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm not sure why anyone wants to bring back LDT. He makes a lot, is hurt a lot, and isn't really that good.

I'd try to replace the whole interior of the OL.
I brought up cutting him in my 2020 Cap Space thread in the Draft lounge. Rankin is your LG moving forward. I think you could re-sign Wiz short term and hed be a good fit at RG. Wed just need to find a center. Maybe Allegretti?
[Reply]
O.city 04:45 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I brought up cutting him in my 2020 Cap Space thread in the Draft lounge. Rankin is your LG moving forward. I think you could re-sign Wiz short term and hed be a good fit at RG. Wed just need to find a center. Maybe Allegretti?
1st round pick, 2020.

It's time to invest something up there.

Shit though, they need to invest early in a lot of spots.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:48 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Man, the G-C-G trio here just sucks fucking shit. It's awful.

The 3rd and 2 we all hated last week, well, if you look back, if Reiter isn't out there thumbing his asshole and blocks who he's supposed to, it's a 12 yard gain and the game is over.

They've gotta invest some early picks up there. Shit, take a 1st rounder and a 3rd, i don't care.
They don't do ANYTHING well. Like, nothing at all. Reiter's especially bad - he combines being soft at the point of attack with having feet that are somewhere south of Zach Fulton's.

LDT suddenly looks worse than he looked as a rookie - injuries appear to have completely robbed him of any athleticism and his previous power is gone as well.

Wylie...well Wylie might be okay. He's not good, but he's not the complete disaster the other two are. I know Reid absolutely refuses to dick with his OL in-season, but Wisnewski needs a shot to start somewhere over LDT and if necessary, Reiter.

I'd absolutely do some tinkering with Allegretti and Wisniewski at C and RG (with Wylie moving back to LG).

Tear apart that entire IOL, man - it is a tire-fire.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:50 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - am not now, and have not EVER criticized Clark exclusively for his sack total. That's an idiotic strawman that was constructed when people were trying to circle wagons around Clark as early as week 2.

He simply has to be noticeable out there. And 'hey, they chipped him, what do you want him to do?!?!" does not qualify.

The Raiders throw quick so I'm not expecting a DE to wreak havoc against them. But if he plays a good game, we'll know it. We can see what's happening in front of us.

But don't try to put lipstick on a pig if he doesn't. Because we FINALLY saw a quick, powerful version of Frank Clark and that version will play. The guy we saw for 10 weeks prior - when many of you were trying to claim he was actually playing well (foolishly) - was NOT that guy. And if that version of Clark shows up again, we'll know it.
Easy; I wasn't attacking your post. I was just laying out the fact that Khalil had no success against that Raiders OL. Some people might use last night's performance by Clark and just assume that he's going to sack Carr a bunch of times. I was just providing some context, buddy.
[Reply]
O.city 04:56 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They don't do ANYTHING well. Like, nothing at all. Reiter's especially bad - he combines being soft at the point of attack with having feet that are somewhere south of Zach Fulton's.

LDT suddenly looks worse than he looked as a rookie - injuries appear to have completely robbed him of any athleticism and his previous power is gone as well.

Wylie...well Wylie might be okay. He's not good, but he's not the complete disaster the other two are. I know Reid absolutely refuses to dick with his OL in-season, but Wisnewski needs a shot to start somewhere over LDT and if necessary, Reiter.

I'd absolutely do some tinkering with Allegretti and Wisniewski at C and RG (with Wylie moving back to LG).

Tear apart that entire IOL, man - it is a tire-fire.
He won't. We went a whole year with some dipshit at LG in 2014.

It was pretty obvious going into the year that the IOL was gonna be iffy. I guess you can only address so much.

I'm just not an LDT guy. I don't know that he's ever really been that "good" and he's hurt all the damn time.

It's pretty crazy looking back for some reason at the 2007 Pats team that went 16-0, they had 3 first team ALL pro's on that OL and they weren't just because Brady was so good. They're all badasses.

The Chiefs OL this year has just been decimated with injuries and that was the worst thing that could have happened.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:56 PM 11-19-2019
So I just watched the second half of the game (missed it because of work), and Fisher obviously had some rust to knock off. But at least he didn't allow a guy to just run right by him, so that's an improvement over Cam.

Concerning Wiz, I'd really like to see if he could take over at center. Maybe it's just me, but I think he's better than Reiter both in terms of strength and technical proficiency. I could be wrong, but Wiz just seems to be better overall. And his one weakness, so far as I can tell, is his lateral mobility, which would be largely negated by putting him in at center.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:57 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

That was the kind of Game 4 of the Preseason gameplan you use when you are simply trying to go to brass tacks and survive. There was nothing even moderately creative.

And Reid is NOTHING if not creative on offense. Even his detractors, wrongheaded as they may be, will acknowledge that the guy is a very bright offensive mind. And for the first quarter+ the Chiefs were still looking to get the ball deep.

Because that was the plan - work the ball downfield, send Hill and sprinkle in Watkins/Hardman on long developing plays that force DBs to run all over the place and simply take their legs from them by the 3rd quarter. But when Hill went down and the Chiefs offense was well on its way to murdering its own defense, Andy knew he had to change things around completely.

So he scripts 15 plays at halftime and the Chiefs pop off 2 touchdowns on their first 2 drives. Because those are the ones Andy had a chance to sit down and plan. From there, it was him doing everything he could to make chicken salad from a gameplan that came apart when Hill went down. They had a 2 score lead and he was going bare-bones because I'd imagine everything they'd worked on that week fell apart on him.

I think the criticism of Reid in this one is WAY off base. I think he had a plan at that altitude that would've gutted the Chargers. And then the key component went out like 4 plays into the game and he had to adapt on the fly.

I really do hate this interior line, though. I mean I !@#$ing loathe it. This team cannot run the football in between the tackles and that's just an awful sign going forward. They're not even a credible threat to do it against 7 man fronts. I simply do not understand it.

So many of Andy Reid's teams have been unfairly maligned for being soft but this one truly is. I wish Reiter would've stayed hurt and Wisnewski could've played more C because right now that LG-C-RG trio is destroying this run game and making the squad so one-dimensional that it makes a Plan B for Reid awfully damn tough to come up with.

Don't know why they couldn't put Hardman in Hill's role and continue on with the game plan. That was the idea when they drafted him anyway and he is a pretty decent right now, not on Hill's level except speed wise.
[Reply]
O.city 04:58 PM 11-19-2019
They've had some really good centers that they've just had leave and get paid a shitload. Hudson is the best C in the league or one of and Mitch was a really good player just hurt a lot.

They just can't seem to get lucky and get all the shit to match up and when they did last year someone lined up offsi…………




fuck.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:01 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So I just watched the second half of the game (missed it because of work), and Fisher obviously had some rust to knock off. But at least he didn't allow a guy to just run right by him, so that's an improvement over Cam.

Concerning Wiz, I'd really like to see if he could take over at center. Maybe it's just me, but I think he's better than Reiter both in terms of strength and technical proficiency. I could be wrong, but Wiz just seems to be better overall. And his one weakness, so far as I can tell, is his lateral mobility, which would be largely negated by putting him in at center.
Yes he did- Bosa faked him out of his jock.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:06 PM 11-19-2019
Wylie got literally destroyed and pushed backwards on one of Pats completions. It was terrible. Fisher is a upgrade over Erving but that’s not saying much. Reiter idk what to say. Schwartz didn’t allow a single pressure last night!!
[Reply]
-King- 05:13 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Don't know why they couldn't put Hardman in Hill's role and continue on with the game plan. That was the idea when they drafted him anyway and he is a pretty decent right now, not on Hill's level except speed wise.
Because Hardman sucks at running routes. You can send hill to run any route on the tree and any drawn in the dirt route. With Hardman, you're limited to around 3 or 4 routes with 2 of them being fly routes and post routes.

Hill isn't just dangerous because he's fast but because he can do literally every you want a WR to do. Hardman simply can't.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:19 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yes he did- Bosa faked him out of his jock.
Okay, might've missed that one. But overall Fisher is a significant improvement over Cam, and he will knock the rust off is short order, so I'm not worried about him.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 387
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256 > Last »
Up