ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 2686
« First < 26667273747576 77787980861261765761076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 09:19 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Luck had a great winning record in college. Brees and Rivers won more games than Mahomes in college.
Your beloved John Elway was 20-23 in college, you fucking dumbass.
[Reply]
nychief 09:20 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Yes, I see an aging defense right now with the hope of injured returning players to shore it up. It concerns me going forward.
Our defense has some flaws like the rest of the NFL. I think MLB will work its self out, Hodges is still out there too. The dline isn't as thin as most would think and Houston is another year removed from surgery.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 09:25 PM 04-30-2017
Yes, I see an aging defense right now with the hope of injured returning players to shore it up. It concerns me going forward.
DJ and Tamba are the only old guys on the entire team. Now that QB has been addressed, there will be plenty of opportunities to address those types of need down the road. Finding an ILB is a hell of a lot easier than a franchise QB.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:31 PM 04-30-2017
So you see a mediocre defense, then.

You don't see an historically bad defense.

This defense's second team is ALL more talented than the 2002 Chiefs defense, and Bob Sutton is an infinitely better DC than Greg Robinson.

So no, you don't fucking see the return of the Vermeil defenses.
[Reply]
tk13 10:14 PM 04-30-2017
An R-Kal Truluck reference. There's a blast from the past.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:19 PM 04-30-2017
The last time our defense touched the field we held the Steelers to 18 points despite having 4 of our starting front 7 on IR, and this guy thinks we're headed to the Vermeil days?

:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:44 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The last time our defense touched the field we held the Steelers to 18 points despite having 4 of our starting front 7 on IR, and this guy thinks we're headed to the Vermeil days?

This ILB obsession is fucking ridiculous.

Our 2014 defense wasn't anything to write home about, but it wasn't terrible. And that had Josh Mauga at the Will when DJ went down early in the season.

DJ will be tough to replace, but it's not impossible. Hell, I still think the young guys we've got on the team have a ton of potential in terms of speed, recognition, and coverage abilities.

Remember when we had to sign Vance Walker because Allen Bailey was such a piece of shit? Oh, wait... turns out he actually is a starter-level DE. Jaye Howard? Yeah, cute that he had a nice Week 17 game against San Diego in 2013... oh, wait, he's actually doing rather well.

We're not the fucking Vermeil Chiefs just because we didn't draft Reuben Foster. Christ.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:46 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
This ILB obsession is ****ing ridiculous.

Our 2014 defense wasn't anything to write home about, but it wasn't terrible. And that had Josh Mauga at the Will when DJ went down early in the season.
Losing Bailey and Howard, along with Poe pretty much sucking ass did us in there more than people realize..

It's one thing to lose one player in your front 7. But in the Chiefs case, where they often were playing without 3-4 of the normal starters, you are not going to overcome that.
[Reply]
threebag 10:49 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Losing Bailey and Howard, along with Poe pretty much sucking ass did us in there more than people realize..

It's one thing to lose one player in your front 7. But in the Chiefs case, where they often were playing without 3-4 of the normal starters, you are not going to overcome that.
Heard it was Alex Smith that did us in
[Reply]
staylor26 10:50 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
This ILB obsession is ****ing ridiculous.

DJ will be tough to replace, but it's not impossible. Hell, I still think the young guys we've got on the team have a ton of potential in terms of speed, recognition, and coverage abilities.

Remember when we had to sign Vance Walker because Allen Bailey was such a piece of shit? Oh, wait... turns out he actually is a starter-level DE. Jaye Howard? Yeah, cute that he had a nice Week 17 game against San Diego in 2013... oh, wait, he's actually doing rather well.

We're not the ****ing Vermeil Chiefs just because we didn't draft Reuben Foster. Christ.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:56 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Heard it was Alex Smith that did us in
I was referencing the run defense specifically, but no, he sure as hell didn't help against Pittsburgh. Or any game that was lost.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:00 AM 05-01-2017
I was referencing the run defense specifically, but no, he sure as hell didn't help against Pittsburgh. Or any game that was lost.
that's the thing about alex. he doesn't help when it's needed. he aide's in consistency, but when it's 'that time', he is a deer in headlights.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 01:21 AM 05-01-2017
I still can't believe we did it. My QB. Love you, Mahomes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:27 AM 05-01-2017
Obviously I'm biased, but I really hope Watson busts and Mahomes is a star just for the fact that it would crush those two stupid narratives. In Mahomes case, the air raid, and in Watson's, the 'he's a proven winner'.

I stand by the fact that no QB in the history of football could win games at Tech with their defense giving up that many points. And as much as Tigger likes to deflect that fact, even guys like Dorsey, Reid, Gruden, etc. have all publically acknowledged that they had the worst defense in the whole country.
Mahomes can make the chicken salad unlike Alice.

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
I'm just playing dude. I like you Pugs don't get me wrong with all the debating we've had.

It's Clay I love Geno Smith, Dayze, sweet dumbass hate, Inmem, Pawn, Buns, Coochise, RunKC that I think are the uneducated morons
No one cares what you think.

About anything.
[Reply]
Frosty 08:05 AM 05-01-2017
I think the talking heads are throwing around that "Mahomes will sit for 2 years" stuff simply because they see Alex has two years left on his contract. They have no actual idea how long it will take and what Andy's timeline is for Mahomes' development. Typical lazy reporting when it comes to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 2686
« First < 26667273747576 77787980861261765761076 > Last »
Up