ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 2686
« First < 24647071727374 75767778841241745741074 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 08:04 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
I had Sports Reporters in the backround this morning and all they mumbled about was Watson being a winner. Fucking morons said they had never heard of Mahomes before the draft :-) These guys are paid for these opinions. Pathetic.
Baldinger wasn't even supposed to be talking about the talent of the player.

It was just supposed to be about which situation was best for the rookie QBs they drafted.

Cleveland has been killing QB since Bernie Kosar in 93.
Matt Schaub is Houston's claim to fame at QB.

It's like Baldy just looked to see which QB would get playing time the fastest and pick them.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:11 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Apparently a few prospects bombed their visit to KC and Petro said that he heard one of them was Watson. Said he did not do well with the verbiage/football IQ test and that really bothered the Chiefs.
Watson scored the lowest out of the top qbs on that wonderlic
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:20 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Watson scored the lowest out of the top qbs on that wonderlic
But but but Winner!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:24 PM 04-30-2017
Using a teams win loss record to judge a QB is a faulty way of looking at them. Media like to give the QB all the credit for wins and it's stupid. Numerous national champ QBs couldn't make it the NFL and numerous great NFL QBs have had bad records some years. Lately Bree's and Rivers don't have great records but are very good? Hell yes. Luck is not having a good record the last two years but he is shit? Hell no. Tebow, Leak and Mclarin damn near never lost but are they NFL studs. Hell no. The list goes on and on.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:27 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Not surprised. Watson struggled with Gruden on that too. Clemson's offense is actually simpler to run than Texas Tech's and probably by a long shot. Doesn't hurt when you are surrounded by 4-star and 5-star guys at every position.
Obviously I'm biased, but I really hope Watson busts and Mahomes is a star just for the fact that it would crush those two stupid narratives. In Mahomes case, the air raid, and in Watson's, the 'he's a proven winner'.

I stand by the fact that no QB in the history of football could win games at Tech with their defense giving up that many points. And as much as Tigger likes to deflect that fact, even guys like Dorsey, Reid, Gruden, etc. have all publically acknowledged that they had the worst defense in the whole country.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:28 PM 04-30-2017
That's the difference between Paxton Lynch and Pat Mahomes. IIRC Lynch didn't know anything about the pro style offense and was really really bad on the board at combine meetings. He also seemed aloof and spaced out.

Kingsbury was great for Pat and really helped him prepare for the NFL by doing full filed reads, changing plays/coverages and lining everybody up.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:30 PM 04-30-2017
Lynch is a joke.

Thus draft should slso end the notion that they wanted that turd last year. They saw a stud and went and got him.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:35 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I'm a Texas Tech alum and fan of Pat Mahomes. I want what's best for him. I believe sitting for a couple years to learn from Andy and Alex would be in his best interest. He has the potential to be KC's version of Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson, but he needs refinement in his game (decision-making, footwork, etc).

Now if Alex's large salary in 2018 means the management feels they need to get rid of that salary, then I can understand throwing Pat into the fire in Year 2. At least he would have about 16 months of training and learning with the Chiefs organization by that point.
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
Most of the "experts" I listen to say Mahomes needs to sit two years. After watching Andy's interview after drafting him I thinking it is possible that they sit him that long. I bet he said, "he's got a long way to go" at least ten times. I wouldn't dress him at all in 2017 and I would have him back up Alex in 2018. We need to take this slow. He needs a lot of work.
I'm surprised Pugs and friends haven't come at you with pitchforks yet. This seems the reasonable thing to do. With our cap commitments for 2018 it is extremely easy for Dorsey to maintain the core of his roster and even pick up a free agent, then go to Smith and ask for a very simple restructure to offset some of his salary as dead money into 2019 if we have that need for $5-8 million to finalize the roster. That puts him at age 34 for a guy in great shape. This would be the BEST scenario for Mahomes. Because between then and when the team is Mahomes' he'll get to find some playing time to get a feel for the game and will have 2 offseasons of being the #2 or #1 guy. Dorsey/Reid can have a seamless transition from QB to QB, a luxury most winning teams never get.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:36 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Obviously I'm biased, but I really hope Watson busts and Mahomes is a star just for the fact that it would crush those two stupid narratives. In Mahomes case, the air raid, and in Watson's, the 'he's a proven winner'.

I stand by the fact that no QB in the history of football could win games at Tech with their defense giving up that many points. And as much as Tigger likes to deflect that fact, even guys like Dorsey, Reid, Gruden, etc. have all publically acknowledged that they had the worst defense in the whole country.
Yep, our defense was bad enough for high school teams to run roughshod on us. I firmly believe that. Watson, Mayfield, Trubisky, and any other college QB you care to name would not have done jack squat.

The other day I saw Watson make a pretty arrogant comment about "my winning" as if the other guys on the Clemson team had nothing to do with it. As an alum and fan of a program that never has the talent across the board to win big, it's pretty laughable to hear Watson take all the credit for Clemson's success.

Watson's a winner...surrounded by 4-star and 5-star talent at every position on both sides of the ball. Their defense had just as much to do with that team's success as anything else. I think Deshaun is a more talented version of Tim Tebow but there are plenty of issues in his game that could cause him to flop in the NFL.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:45 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
I'm surprised Pugs and friends haven't come at you with pitchforks yet. This seems the reasonable thing to do. With our cap commitments for 2018 it is extremely easy for Dorsey to maintain the core of his roster and even pick up a free agent, then go to Smith and ask for a very simple restructure to offset some of his salary as dead money into 2019 if we have that need for $5-8 million to finalize the roster. That puts him at age 34 for a guy in great shape. This would be the BEST scenario for Mahomes. Because between then and when the team is Mahomes' he'll get to find some playing time to get a feel for the game and will have 2 offseasons of being the #2 or #1 guy. Dorsey/Reid can have a seamless transition from QB to QB, a luxury most winning teams never get.
Dude. There is no set timetable for when Pat takes over the team. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FREAKIN' HEAD.

It's Mahomes team whenever the hell the coaching staff feels like it is, and there is no way to know that day right now. It could be literally anytime in the next couple of years. The odds are likely in favor of it being at the start of 2018.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:46 PM 04-30-2017
Help me see the big picture, I love the Mahomes pic but isn't our defense still suspect at defensive line and linebacker? I'm seeing the Dick Vermeil years all over again.
[Reply]
-King- 08:53 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Help me see the big picture, I love the Mahomes pic but isn't our defense still suspect at defensive line and linebacker? I'm seeing the Dick Vermeil years all over again.
Our defense despite all the injuries the past few years has been a top 10 defense. There's no way it falls off anywhere close to dick Vermeil days.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:54 PM 04-30-2017
Just want to point out, because I haven't seen it anywhere on here and it's valuable info IMO... but last year Mahomes played the majority of the season with a broken left wrist. The year before he played through a knee injury.

He's a tough, gutsy SOB.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:56 PM 04-30-2017
You see talent like Eric Warfield as our #1 CB, Duane Clemons as our best pass rusher, and John Browning as our best DT? You see old farts Ray Crockett and Glenn Cadrez? You see Greg fucking Robinson? You see illustrious draft picks like Eric Downing, Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii? You see fans going apeshit over shitty free agents like Shaun Barber and Dexter McCleon? You see fans SCREAMING at the team to put in preseason heroes like Rich Scanlon and R-Kal Truluck just because they look great in preseason and because they can't be any worse than the shit we've currently got on the field?

You have no hope of seeing the big picture, dude. You're blind as a bat.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 08:57 PM 04-30-2017
Not even close to the same. Vermeil's defense was suspect everywhere with a bunch of nobodies led by Greg Robinson. Jerome Woods was the sole probowler during the 13-3 year.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 2686
« First < 24647071727374 75767778841241745741074 > Last »
Up