ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 548 of 2687
« First < 48448498538544545546547548 54955055155255859864810481548 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
O.city 01:07 PM 12-17-2017
I’d actually go with Mahomes if it’s already locked up

Let him gameplan all week and see what it’s all about

It’s a perfect situation
[Reply]
Iconic 01:13 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Play starters for first half of last game
This. Also I bet Bray gets the nod to play and not Mahomes. I just don't think Andy wants to risk Mahomes in any situation for whatever reason at all right now. That guy is our starting QB next year. If he gets injured in some freak accident in one half of football, you have just landed in a new circle of hell called a restructured Alex Smith contract.

But I mean who knows what Andy decides. I'd love to see Mahomes I just don't know if it's a good idea. If he looks like shit and throws 3 picks it's not going to help his confidence either.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:14 PM 12-17-2017
That's stupid. If they weren't going to play Mahomes at all, he and not Bray is the inactive QB. I think this protection narrative is getting a bit nutty.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:15 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Don't rest starters. If we're in a groove keep it going. Hang 40 on Denver and go into the playoffs hot.
This.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 01:17 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Iconic:
This. Also I bet Bray gets the nod to play and not Mahomes. I just don't think Andy wants to risk Mahomes in any situation for whatever reason at all right now. That guy is our starting QB next year. If he gets injured in some freak accident in one half of football, you have just landed in a new circle of hell called a restructured Alex Smith contract.

But I mean who knows what Andy decides. I'd love to see Mahomes I just don't know if it's a good idea. If he looks like shit and throws 3 picks it's not going to help his confidence either.
God if that happens we're going to be hearing about it all fucking offseason from all the Alexsexuals. I don't wanna deal with that shit.

As much as I want to see Mahomes, that reason alone scares me lol.
[Reply]
Best22 01:18 PM 12-17-2017
Denver defense would kill our backup offensive line:-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:20 PM 12-17-2017
We need Mahomes when it mattered in November. Not now, not in a meaningless game after Alex Smiffed the season away.

Fuck that! Alex should finish this season.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:23 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
Denver defense would kill our backup offensive line:-)
Fine by me, depending on who's at quarterback.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:26 PM 12-17-2017
Andy Reid will play to win if a win has any possible implications and will rest all of his starters if there aren't any.
[Reply]
Best22 01:26 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Fine by me, depending on who's at quarterback.
Alex Smith isn't gonna be playing behind the second string offensive line in week 17

I'd hate to see Mahomes in that spot either
[Reply]
staylor26 01:30 PM 12-17-2017
Get a glimpse of Mahomes with no pressure against a top defense, and give the Broncos a win to lower their draft position?

:-)
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 01:35 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’s a no win situation.

You sit them you run the risk of losing some momentum

You play them and someone gets hurt you’re ****ed
Reid's 2013 Chiefs didn't miss a beat after sitting out the last week. The defense forgot to get on the plane to Indy but that's another story.. It's looking like the same situation too. They also ripped a huge undefeated start followed by a huge lose streak and then got it going again by the end, coincidence?

If they go into the game 9-6 there's a huge chance we see Mahomes. Personally I'd think about playing the starters for a couple drives before handing it over.
[Reply]
Iconic 01:35 PM 12-17-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That's stupid. If they weren't going to play Mahomes at all, he and not Bray is the inactive QB. I think this protection narrative is getting a bit nutty.
Mahomes has been active because in a hypothetical situation if Alex did go down he gives you the best chance at a win and saving the season. But in a meaningless game why would you throw him into the fire when you really don't have to? For one stupid half of football with the backups? Risking a lot for practically nothing is what's really stupid. I'd rather Mahomes have a full off-season than be stuck rehabbing his ACL because Cameron ****ing Erving doesn't know his ass from his mouth.

Again I'd like to see Mahomes play, but I'm not going to criticize Andy if he chooses otherwise.
[Reply]
O.city 01:38 PM 12-17-2017
Mahomes has been active because in a hypothetical situation if Alex did go down he gives you the best chance at a win and saving the season. But in a meaningless game why would you throw him into the fire when you really don't have to? For one stupid half of football with the backups? Risking a lot for practically nothing is what's really stupid. I'd rather Mahomes have a full off-season than be stuck rehabbing his ACL because Cameron ****ing Erving doesn't know his ass from his mouth.

Again I'd like to see Mahomes play, but I'm not going to criticize Andy if he chooses otherwise.
They can’t play all backups, they don’t have enough guys on the roster for it

He’d get a whole week of game planning, playing against a good d and some experience

At some point he’s gotta take the training wheels off.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 01:42 PM 12-17-2017

So first it's "ANYTHING BUT SMITH" and "I'D RATHER LOSE WITH MAHOMES" but when there's an actual, logical reason to play Mahomes it's "NOOOOOO HE MIGHT GET SCRATCHED" :-)

You kids are impossible. If Smiff can do just fine against the donks I'm sure Mahomes could survive.
[Reply]
Page 548 of 2687
« First < 48448498538544545546547548 54955055155255859864810481548 > Last »
Up