ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1048 of 2687
« First < 48548948998103810441045104610471048 104910501051105210581098114815482048 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 01:34 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Neat.

I'm talking about people who have had season tickets for more than a decade. Going back to the Aaron Brooks era.
Dandy.

I was talking about someone who like the team because of a logo.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:46 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I spent a decade memeing the worst this franchise had to offer.

It's go time for showtime.

[Reply]
Naptown Chief 01:50 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wtf :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:52 PM 09-21-2018

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:52 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Girlfriend surprised me with a Mahomes jersey today. Pretty stoked.
You should go ahead and marry her.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:52 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You should go ahead and marry her.
She wants him to wear it when they make the love
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:32 PM 09-21-2018
Can you blame her?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:33 PM 09-21-2018
This is exactly that hypothetical situation I brought up the other day.. About the one way ticket to pound town and she screams Pat's name. This chick is going to do it, just wait and see
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:36 PM 09-21-2018
please record it. audio at least.
[Reply]
philfree 02:37 PM 09-21-2018
Is it Sunday yet?
[Reply]
Dayze 02:38 PM 09-21-2018
be like Pat and go deep.

...unless, due to physical limitations, you can only check down.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:40 PM 09-21-2018
Fun long read with some film breakdown as well. Sort of a draft perspective and comparison of some of his college plays with what they are doing now on offense and how Reid has made it a smooth transition.

Originally Posted by :
Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid Should be Illegal

I don’t know anything about basketball, but I follow enough people on social media who know enough about basketball to know that once, Chris Paul was going to get traded to the Lakers and the commissioner stopped it. I’m pretty sure it was because Chris Paul was going to make the Lakers too good. Chris Paul to the Lakers was giving a flamethrower to a T-Rex. The league office would have been an accessory to murder for each Los Angeles Game. It couldn’t be allowed.

I also understand that NBA fans widely treat that decision with mockery and derision. I don’t really know enough about the situation, and I don’t really care.

The NFL should have had a similar big red button to smash when Andy Reid drafted Patrick Mahomes.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/09/...ld-be-illegal/

[Reply]
Kiimo 02:42 PM 09-21-2018
How do you know the jersey isn't for HER? The name's on the back, afterall
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:45 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
On the longer TD to Kelce, Mahomes screwed up the formation and essentially literally drew a play up in the sand...
Originally Posted by :
On the way to the line of scrimmage, Kelce gave Mahomes a heads-up.

“So I had to try and fix the guys at the line of scrimmage,” Mahomes said on 810. “Kelce kind of alerted it to me early. So we fixed guys at the line of scrimmage, and when I did that, it accidentally confused their defense, because it changed the strength and everything. So we got everybody in the right spot.
Wow look at this. Field general.

So the original formation was single back 3 wide and they changed to 5 wide.

You can see how confused the Steelers are.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:52 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Fun long read with some film breakdown as well. Sort of a draft perspective and comparison of some of his college plays with what they are doing now on offense and how Reid has made it a smooth transition.
So when I read something like that, I think I start to realize why DC's make the same mistakes so often.

"Well the safety took the wrong read and Mahomes burned them. That's okay - I'll coach my guy not to make the wrong read and we'll pick that off..."

M'kay buddy - whatever you say. I think too many coaches fail to give enough credit to their opposite numbers (as fans, we're always guilty of this) and I think they especially fail to accept the fact that their players are not robots and they ARE going to make mistakes (and as fans we're definitely guilty of this...)

It's the old baseball axiom at work - good pitching beats good hitting. And it usually does. But pitchers never execute 100% of the time. The difference between mediocre hitters and great hitters is that A) great hitters won't defeat a perfect pitch, but they may spoil a few until the mistake gets there and B) they don't miss the mistake.

So what separates a mediocre QB from a great QB is that the great QB will have plays where the other side executes. And when that happens, he won't make the major screwup and create a sack/turnover that botches the drive. He'll foul the pitch off, so to speak, and live to play another down. Then when the mistake does come - he doesn't miss it. He sees that seam and hits it.

If I'm a DC - I simply do not play single high against him apart from some odd circumstances and maybe an occasional change of pace to keep the reads from getting too repetitive. I certainly don't play it as often as Pitt and SD did. But watch - a slew of DCs will look at that tape and say "yeah, but if I just make sure my safety doesn't bite, he'll be okay" or even with the Cover 2 looks when they try to send some extra pressure "Well if I just make sure my safeties get the proper width - we'll be in good shape"

They won't. Not every time. When they do, you'll probably come away with an imcomplete pass. You may even string a few of those together and force a punt. But by God, they're gonna make a mistake and when they do, Mahomes is gonna gut 'em. Probably best to just accept that and work on mitigating the damage.
[Reply]
Page 1048 of 2687
« First < 48548948998103810441045104610471048 104910501051105210581098114815482048 > Last »
Up