ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 286
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
RobBlake 03:55 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Tom Cruise is no longer overrated. Hes so universal hated hes reached Nickelback territory where hes now underrated
some people can't separate what he does on screen to his personal life.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:28 PM 07-19-2015
Cruise and Diaz are probably my two least favorite actors. They have two movies together, I believe.

They both suck.
[Reply]
KevB 06:38 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watched Ex Machina. Very good movie. I'd recommend it to anyone who's onto sci Fi.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'll also recommend this. Rented last night and had high expectations. It met them, excellent film IMO.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:05 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That stunt he pulls in the upcoming Mission Impossible movie is just nuts. I don't care if he's duct taped and stapled to that plane, that some ****ing cojones to ride the outside of the plane during takeoff.
Agreed. Dude has huge balls.

If it was that easy, then other top actors would be doing it too.
[Reply]
NewChief 06:42 AM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
Some other shit I watched:

The Nightmare - Incredible documentary about sleep paralysis. Terrifying, to be honest.
I watched this last night. Pretty crazy "horror documentary."

I mean, I was learning a lot and highly entertained, but I was also scared as SHIT that I was going to develop sleep paralysis as a result of watching it. It just seems entirely plausible that you could watch that and subconsciously the seeds be planted for it.

It even has that point where the guy is talking about the girl he told about it texting him and letting him know that she now had it.

Anyway, I slept fine last night... thank God.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:02 AM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:

I mean, I was learning a lot and highly entertained, but I was also scared as SHIT that I was going to develop sleep paralysis as a result of watching it. It just seems entirely plausible that you could watch that and subconsciously the seeds be planted for it.

It even has that point where the guy is talking about the girl he told about it texting him and letting him know that she now had it.

I can think of about 5 or 6 episodes in my adult life where I've had this. Different levels of it - mostly just creepy and not horrifying.

It also explains my very vivid nightmares as a child. I'd guess it might be like sleep walking where it was very common for me as a child and as I grew older it slowly went away...
[Reply]
NewChief 09:04 AM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I can think of about 5 or 6 episodes in my adult life where I've had this. Different levels of it - mostly just creepy and not horrifying.

It also explains my very vivid nightmares as a child. I'd guess it might be like sleep walking where it was very common for me as a child and as I grew older it slowly went away...
Yeah. The people in the documentary suffer from some pretty debilitating levels of it, and they all have very specific common themes running through the sleep paralysis episodes that are really intriguing and horrific. They also all have different ways of explaining and coping with their conditions.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:49 AM 07-20-2015

Yes I've actually been terrified at night now. But, I sleep on my side, so I know I will never have paralysis.
[Reply]
-King- 03:02 AM 07-21-2015

I've had it 3 or 4 times. The first time I was honestly scared as shit. Most scared I've ever been in my life. I was 100% sure I was going to die. 2nd time I knew what was going on and was trying to call for someone to come fully wake me up. I've heard about some people having it for 15+ minutes. I can't even begin to imagine how scary and sucky that must be.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:45 AM 07-22-2015
New trailer out of the next James Bond movie.

[Reply]
frankotank 02:02 PM 07-22-2015
Originally Posted by -King-:
I've had it 3 or 4 times. The first time I was honestly scared as shit. Most scared I've ever been in my life. I was 100% sure I was going to die. 2nd time I knew what was going on and was trying to call for someone to come fully wake me up. I've heard about some people having it for 15+ minutes. I can't even begin to imagine how scary and sucky that must be.
good LORD!
so so SO glad I read all the comments on this damn thing....cause I LOVE me some horror movies and I'm afraid that I'da stumbled into this and watched it.

well FUCK THAT SHIT! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:58 PM 07-22-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
Some other shit I watched:

The Nightmare - Incredible documentary about sleep paralysis. Terrifying, to be honest.
Oh man. I have an old hippy buddy that suffers from that. Symptoms of too much drug experimentation in the 60's/70's? I don't know, but the shit he describes sounds fucking nuts.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:01 PM 07-22-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh man. I have an old hippy buddy that suffers from that. Symptoms of too much drug experimentation in the 60's/70's? I don't know, but the shit he describes sounds ****ing nuts.
The craziness is the similarities for all of these people. They all see and experience very similar things and have even before they knew anything about their condition (so it can't be explained by them reading about what people experience, then inserting that into the experience).

Some of the people have very elaborate and detailed characters and "plots" around their episodes. It's also a really interesting documentary in that it actually IS a horror movie in that it will scare/creep the shit out of you while you're watching it while never really breaking the conventions of the genre (it's not the Blair Witch project or some other fakeumentary).
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:15 PM 07-30-2015
I watched the original Alien yesterday.

I can see how it was critically acclaimed in a different era. Although I already knew the outcome, they did a good job of setting up suspense and intrigue.

With that said, thank God for modern advances in costume design, animatronics, and CGI. The Alien was so obviously a man in a poorly designed suit that it was distracting. The scene where you can see the obvious swap between Ash's robotic head and his real head was the most egregious. It reminded me of Arnie taking off his sunglasses in the original Terminator.

Their idea of future tech is also pretty hilarious. These boxy 70s-esque computers and operating systems on a supposedly interstellar-capable spacecraft just makes you laugh. They can terraform planets 40 light-years away but their rendition of a motion detector is a leaf-blower that can only detect movement from about 10 feet away.

Prometheus is supposedly set in the same universe and as a prequel to Alien but their tech is vastly superior. It's just me nitpicking, I know- I just found it funny. That movie definitely wasn't intended to be viewed for the first time nearly 40 years after its creation. I suppose some douchey little kid will watch Prometheus in 40 years and laugh at the idea of 3-D holograms.

All in all it was a good experience. It was cool to see the space jockey and derelict spaceship.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:18 PM 07-30-2015
Now I'm watching Aliens.

The Alien costumes/animatronics are well done but holy hell this thing's got 1980s written all over it.

Love me some Bill Paxton freak outs though. "GAME OVER, MAN! GAME OVER!"
[Reply]
Page 128 of 286
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Up