ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 57
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:48 AM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I’ve seen it and feel like I posted about it, maybe even in this thread.

Anyway, it’s a slow burn, creepy, anxiety inducing, well filmed and delivered horror. No tits that I recall, more mentally disturbing kills than stalk and slash gore. Going off recollection here but feel it had A Winters Bone disturbing kind of feel with some evil spirit ghost play.

I enjoyed it.

EDIT: You should get Shudder
"Slow burn" was my immediate reaction to the trailer. Looks like a slow burn kinda film. Problem with those is that the last 30 mins have be excellent. There's a fine line between slow burn and, "that was a waste of my time".
[Reply]
Jerm 09:53 PM 03-28-2021
Watched Hunter Hunter last night...was like 90% what the hell is going on here and then bam 10% batshit crazy ending....

I really liked it though.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:28 AM 03-29-2021
Watched this last night. Was really good - a twist from the originals. If you watch, watch through the credits!

[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:38 PM 03-29-2021
Was flipping the channels and caught BrightBurn. Not very scary and very predictable. How did DC not sue them as it's a direct ripoff of SuperMan; right down to the small town in Kansas.
[Reply]
Fish 10:47 PM 03-30-2021
So... this was a creepy surprise. Kind of a slow start, but wow by the end I was really impressed. Pretty well done.

[Reply]
Fish 10:55 PM 03-30-2021
I found the previous movie from a reddit recommendation. I saw the following trailer for this upcoming Horror movie which I thought looked pretty cool, and somebody said "If that looks cool, check this out from the same writers!"

This looks cool too:

[Reply]
Danguardace 10:59 PM 03-30-2021
Great Little British Horror film hopefully you guys can find it over there.

Saint Maud (2020)

[Reply]
Fish 11:06 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Great Little British Horror film hopefully you guys can find it over there.

Saint Maud (2020)

Downloading. Thanks. That looks pretty creepy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:23 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I found the previous movie from a reddit recommendation. I saw the following trailer for this upcoming Horror movie which I thought looked pretty cool, and somebody said "If that looks cool, check this out from the same writers!"

This looks cool too:

Reminds me, when is Barry coming back?
[Reply]
Fish 11:30 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Reminds me, when is Barry coming back?
No clue what Barry is. The Bill Hader TV series showing up in search results? Good?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:35 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
No clue what Barry is. The Bill Hader TV series showing up in search results? Good?
Yeah, very good. The blonde friend with all the questions in the trailer is a costar.

Barry is a dark comedy, but it's not so much about the comedy as the comedy just comes out in the narrative. Hader is a primo marksman hitman who happens upon a theatre class while escaping a hit gone wrong. He wants to leave the life of crime and be an actor after he has an epiphany in the class. And thus far it's him juggling trying to get out of 'the life' and shield his actor friends from it at the same time.

The blonde in the trailer is a fellow actor who he develops a crush on, and she has her own narrative about the depredations of trying to be a working/struggling young actor, and of course oblivious to his double life as they start to date.
[Reply]
Fish 11:41 PM 03-30-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, very good. The blonde friend with all the questions in the trailer is a costar.

Barry is a dark comedy, but it's not so much about the comedy as the comedy just comes out in the narrative. Hader is a primo marksman hitman who happens upon a theatre class while escaping a hit gone wrong. He wants to leave the life of crime and be an actor after he has an epiphany in the class. And thus far it's him juggling trying to get out of 'the life' and shield his actor friends from it at the same time.

The blonde in the trailer is a fellow actor who he develops a crush on, and she has her own narrative about the depredations of trying to be a working/struggling young actor, and of course oblivious to his double life as they start to date.
I'll check that out. Thanks!
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:39 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Was flipping the channels and caught BrightBurn. Not very scary and very predictable. How did DC not sue them as it's a direct ripoff of SuperMan; right down to the small town in Kansas.
Huh, I liked it very much. They probably had permission but IDK it's a good question.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:53 AM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Watched this last night. Was really good - a twist from the originals. If you watch, watch through the credits!

This one was enjoyable, though obviously a departure from the originals.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:35 AM 04-13-2021

If anyone was curious about this, it's a cheap teen jump-scare movie. Nothing original, no sense of "thrill". No particularly suspenseful moment. Full of cliches. The CGI is inconsistent. "Mary" can look creepy in one scene, and then cheap and low-budget in another.

If you're a horror fan you won't be impressed. If you like cheap jump scares you might be into it.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 57
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up