ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 321 of 324
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Danguardace 09:12 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Why waste money on more turds?
Because Pat is the highest paid player in the league, the days of having alpha WRs are over
[Reply]
notorious 09:14 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Because Pat is the highest paid player in the league, the days of having alpha WRs are over
Having an alpha TE is just barely enough, for now.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 09:25 AM 02-23-2024
Coming back to this thread, and fuck this dude.

He was always about the money. He can go ringless and suck a dick.

We actually did make him an offer and he took the one from TN. So fuck this dude
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:31 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
Coming back to this thread, and fuck this dude.

He was always about the money. He can go ringless and suck a dick.

We actually did make him an offer and he took the one from TN. So fuck this dude
Yep. Bet he'd have had a hell of a lot more fun in KC than Nashville this season. And he'd still be rich.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 10:11 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Yep. Bet he'd have had a hell of a lot more fun in KC than Nashville this season. And he'd still be rich.
And have a ring. And yes still rich.

And that was something I said in that other thread I got pushed back on.

These dudes already have generational wealth. So getting that extra 3 million or whatever isn't doing shit.

IT's a degree of selfishness I cannot identify with.

A lot of these guys don't want to build a legacy or be great. They just want to get paid.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:19 AM 02-23-2024
Come on, we could do this whole discussion again without the "but we have Toney and Skyy Moore" aspect
[Reply]
BossChief 10:39 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
And have a ring. And yes still rich.

And that was something I said in that other thread I got pushed back on.

These dudes already have generational wealth. So getting that extra 3 million or whatever isn't doing shit.

IT's a degree of selfishness I cannot identify with.

A lot of these guys don't want to build a legacy or be great. They just want to get paid.
Veach learned from the Frank Clark and Sammy Watkins deals to set a firm ceiling for offers and to stop hitting bid.

I think it hurt us by not getting silverback, but helped us getting a lot of bargain FAs, as well over the last few years. They have to decide they want to be great to sign here. No dollar chasers, only ring chasers allowed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:23 AM 02-23-2024
Hopkins has always been about 'the bag' first and everything else second.

If he comes here cheap, it's because nobody else offered to pay him.

I have no idea why anyone is still interested in this ass.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hopkins has always been about 'the bag' first and everything else second.

If he comes here cheap, it's because nobody else offered to pay him.

I have no idea why anyone is still interested in this ass.
When our WRs were struggling during the season, I remember him posting something on social media. Can't remember what it was exactly, but you could tell he was trying to say "could've had me, but they didn't want to pay me".

Well DHop, turns out you need the Chiefs more than the Chiefs needed you. Shame the WR cult still won't see that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:12 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
When our WRs were struggling during the season, I remember him posting something on social media. Can't remember what it was exactly, but you could tell he was trying to say "could've had me, but they didn't want to pay me".

Well DHop, turns out you need the Chiefs more than the Chiefs needed you. Shame the WR cult still won't see that.
The moment he took a team visit with the Titans it was obvious he was just going to chase the most money he could get. He hadn't learned his lesson from forcing his way out of Houston or hosing up the Arizona salary cap.

Guy cares about only one thing - getting the most money he can. And whatever, it's his job - I get it.

But can we stop pretending like Brett Veach is going to go win a bidding war for an over 30 WR at this point? We don't need to. Even if you avoid making moral judgments ("who needs someone who cares more about money than winning?") it's a simple math and precedent thing.

Pretty hard to ask our own guys if they can take a little less when we're negotiating with them only to turn around and get into bidding wars for guys with no equity in the franchise.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:44 PM 02-23-2024
Man, just think, with Hopkins we might have won a ring this year.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:02 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The moment he took a team visit with the Titans it was obvious he was just going to chase the most money he could get. He hadn't learned his lesson from forcing his way out of Houston or hosing up the Arizona salary cap.

Guy cares about only one thing - getting the most money he can. And whatever, it's his job - I get it.

But can we stop pretending like Brett Veach is going to go win a bidding war for an over 30 WR at this point? We don't need to. Even if you avoid making moral judgments ("who needs someone who cares more about money than winning?") it's a simple math and precedent thing.

Pretty hard to ask our own guys if they can take a little less when we're negotiating with them only to turn around and get into bidding wars for guys with no equity in the franchise.
He's on a highly reasonable contract.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:07 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Justin Fields & some arm wrestler were his QB. You're only clinging to Hopkins because he's a name this is what you casuals do. Next you'll site PFF

Lol, no I can see. Mooney hasn't even caught 3000 yds in 4 years, 3 whole TDs in the last two. He's nothing.

DHop, otoh, has had terrible QBs, and still has seven 1,000 yd seasons. In fact, he's played with more shitty QBs than good ones. just last season he did it again with three of the worst QBs in the league. So don't try to sell me that BS about how Mooney just hasn't had a good QB to throw to him. DHop has several seasons of shitty QB play; didn't stop him from catching 1,000 yds/yr seven times.

And in case you didn't notice, we're on the doorstep of a three-peat. You don't half-ass things when you're on the verge of history. You push your chips in and make it happen, the cap be damned.

If KC three-peats, there is no argument anymore about which team is the greatest of all time. No more arguing about which dynasty s the best of all time. No arguing about who is the best HC. No need for Pat to try t win 7 SBs if he three-peats.

Clark Hunt has to know, because he's not an idiot, that winning the SB in 2024 and three-peating short-circuits all of those arguments. his Chiefs automatically become the greatest franchise in NFL history. And he becomes the greatest owner of all time. He should be pushing Veach/Andy to go all-in this season. It's his ship, after all. He should be telling those guys, "yeah, we'll probably have some cap issues two/three seasons from now, but we'll have done the impossible, and we'll be at the top of a whole new mountain; the one team that won three SBs in a row."

Fuck sakes. See the big picture.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:11 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, no I can see. Mooney hasn't even caught 3000 yds in 4 years, 3 whole TDs in the last two. He's nothing.

DHop, otoh, has had terrible QBs, and still has seven 1,000 yd seasons. In fact, he's played with more shitty QBs than good ones. just last season he did it again with three of the worst QBs in the league. So don't try to sell me that BS about how Mooney just hasn't had a good QB to throw to him. DHop has several seasons of shitty QB play; didn't stop him from catching 1,000 yds/yr seven times.

And in case you didn't notice, we're on the doorstep of a three-peat. You don't half-ass things when you're on the verge of history. You push your chips in and make it happen, the cap be damned.

If KC three-peats, there is no argument anymore about which team is the greatest of all time. No more arguing about which dynasty s the best of all time. No arguing about who is the best HC. No need for Pat to try t win 7 SBs if he three-peats.

Clark Hunt has to know, because he's not an idiot, that winning the SB in 2024 and three-peating short-circuits all of those arguments. his Chiefs automatically become the greatest franchise in NFL history. And he becomes the greatest owner of all time. He should be pushing Veach/Andy to go all-in this season. It's his ship, after all. He should be telling those guys, "yeah, we'll probably have some cap issues two/three seasons from now, but we'll have done the impossible, and we'll be at the top of a whole new mountain; the one team that won three SBs in a row."

**** sakes. See the big picture.
I am not claiming Mooney will be some stud WR. He could be a solid #3 option which is all this offense needs. Paying some washed up 32 year old WR makes no sense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:31 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I am not claiming Mooney will be some stud WR. He could be a solid #3 option which is all this offense needs. Paying some washed up 32 year old WR makes no sense.

Washed up, lol. 1057 yds, 14.1 yd/reception, 48 1st downs, 62 yds/gm, . . . all while getting double- and occasionally triple-teamed. Didn't actually watch him play, eh?

And who the fuck give a crap about some potential WR3? Fuck signing some bottom-tier WR, in the distant hope that he might become a decent 4th option, lol. And is probably just as likely to shit the bed, because he has no actual statistical history of being a good WR.
[Reply]
Page 321 of 324
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324 >
Up