ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 435
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:47 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

This is a dominant game. I'm gonna guess he gets doubled and such too.
Chris Jones played more in the pre-season too
[Reply]
Shields68 10:11 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Chiefs sacked Carr 3 times and only gave up 198 yards passing. I don't care about individual stats as much as i care about giving up only 10 points and winning by 18.

I mean we shut them out for 3 quarters in a game they were trailing by 3 scores in by the second half. :-)
This and also to me we played 2 run first offenses. The Defense held up rather well to the smash mouth football. Clark looks like a good reason why they looked better against the run. Last years dee does not hold this Raiders team to 10 points.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:14 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
This and also to me we played 2 run first offenses. The Defense held up rather well to the smash mouth football. Clark looks like a good reason why they looked better against the run. Last years dee does not hold this Raiders team to 10 points.

Last year’s Dee Ford could have been WAM-blocked out of running plays by Hunter Renfrow. (So could this year’s)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:42 AM 09-16-2019
Almost every single pass rush in this clip has Clark either getting chipped by a RB/receiver or doubled with a guard.

The few times at the end when he wasn’t was a designed quick pass (our 2 INT’s) and the one he almost got a sack on at 7:10...but was again a quick release.

[Reply]
Blick 10:59 AM 09-16-2019
It blows my mind that people want to see individual stats above good team defense.

If Frank Clark helps this team win a championship, he's worth every penny.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:22 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Burn that strawman down.

"Stats don't tell the whole story" is obviously a different statement than "Stats are worthless", but go on.
It’s no strawman, you can’t just dismiss the numbers like that... through 2 games Clark has been his equal according to the ways we use to determine a players effectiveness

He can at times be Mack’s equal, no question about it... his career stats are what they are
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:24 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Blick:
It blows my mind that people want to see individual stats above good team defense.

If Frank Clark helps this team win a championship, he's worth every penny.

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:30 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Almost every single pass rush in this clip has Clark either getting chipped by a RB/receiver or doubled with a guard.

The few times at the end when he wasn’t was a designed quick pass (our 2 INT’s) and the one he almost got a sack on at 7:10...but was again a quick release.
And when the opponent is getting the ball out as quickly as they've tried to against us the first two weeks, the only way you're going to get pressure is up the middle. Which is why Jones has gotten to the QB and Clark hasn't. And that's, not coincidentally, why I think it's so important to get Jones under contract long term.

On the slower developing plays, so far, it appears that, if Clark isn't getting a straight double-team, he's at least getting chipped. He's definitely been a focus of the game plan.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:40 AM 09-16-2019
I don't think Frank Clark has been bad the first two games but it's true that he hasn't made too many splash plays.

Chris Jones did against the Raiders and was dominant.

But really, even most great players go through phases where for stretches they play amazing, other stretches they play good to great and a few games they play just OK.

Clark doesn't have any sack but then Von Miller doesn't have any either.

I am sure Frank Clark is going to have great games and many splash plays soon.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:46 AM 09-16-2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:14 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I don't think Frank Clark has been bad the first two games but it's true that he hasn't made too many splash plays.

Chris Jones did against the Raiders and was dominant.

But really, even most great players go through phases where for stretches they play amazing, other stretches they play good to great and a few games they play just OK.

Clark doesn't have any sack but then Von Miller doesn't have any either.

I am sure Frank Clark is going to have great games and many splash plays soon.
Listen, I would argue that Jones made a couple of splash plays but Clark played a better game.

The long Jacobs run went right through Jones' hole. Several times, he was not controlling his gap.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not saying Jones isn't a great player. He does sometimes go for the big play and whiff, though.

Clark is more consistent on a play by play basis.

Glad to have them both.
[Reply]
Blick 01:57 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Listen, I would argue that Jones made a couple of splash plays but Clark played a better game.

The long Jacobs run went right through Jones' hole. Several times, he was not controlling his gap.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not saying Jones isn't a great player. He does sometimes go for the big play and whiff, though.

Clark is more consistent on a play by play basis.

Glad to have them both.
Yeah I'd have to watch the game again to confirm, but there was a running play to the right side and I'm pretty sure it's Jones on roller skates. Just completely washed out.

Jones is a fucking enigma. He's dominant at times but he takes plays off and I have questions about him being a team player. I might be the only one here who's hesitant to give him a big contract. I understand his value as an interior pass rusher, but I also understand his flaws. I can't remember ever being more torn on a player.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:59 PM 09-16-2019
Honey Badger had an awful game. He was solely responsible for the Faders only TD.

I hope he gets his shit together- he looks like Hobo 2.0 out there.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:00 PM 09-16-2019
Questioning Jones as a team player?? Dude could’ve sat out and enabled to be paid but what happened? He reported to training camp. No complaints nothing. So take this idk if Jones is a team player and turn it sideways and shove it straight up your candy ass!
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:01 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Blick:
Yeah I'd have to watch the game again to confirm, but there was a running play to the right side and I'm pretty sure it's Jones on roller skates. Just completely washed out.

Jones is a ****ing enigma. He's dominant at times but he takes plays off and I have questions about him being a team player. I might be the only one here who's hesitant to give him a big contract. I understand his value as an interior pass rusher, but I also understand his flaws. I can't remember ever being more torn on a player.
He's just young. He hasn't built up the experience yet to be that consistent all-around pass-rusher/run defender that he probably will become in two or three years.

Heck, Clark's presence on the team just might be exactly what Jones needs to learn how to be a great professional football player.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 435
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up