ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 171
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
unlurking 02:54 PM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Deadwood movie!!

http://tvline.com/2016/01/07/deadwoo...premiere-date/
Oh hell yeah! Loved that show!
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:21 PM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Deadwood movie!!

http://tvline.com/2016/01/07/deadwoo...premiere-date/
:-)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:34 AM 01-09-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I actually really liked the pilot episode for Grandfathered.

Stamos was note perfect.
I caught an episode the other day. Never even thought about watching. Not sure if I will continue but I enjoyed it. Cast was pretty good too.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:53 AM 01-15-2016
Wondering if this has finalized its arrangement to come to American TV.

Norwegian mini-series about the Allied effort to keep Deuterium out of Nazi hands.

[Reply]
MahiMike 04:53 PM 01-17-2016
Finished Game of thrones and looking for something else. Tried Boardwalk Empire. Not my thing. Tried 'True Detective'. I like Woody but the show is boring.

Waiting on Vikings, The Americans and Justified to come back.

Next?
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:01 PM 01-17-2016
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Finished Game of thrones and looking for something else. Tried Boardwalk Empire. Not my thing. Tried 'True Detective'. I like Woody but the show is boring.

Waiting on Vikings, The Americans and Justified to come back.

Next?
If you have access to the HBO stuff watch The Wire and watch it today. Rome is next.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:21 PM 01-17-2016
I've really been into Reign on Netflix.

It's what I call historical fantasy—as it only follows the main guidepost of the life of Mary Queen of Scots, and is seriously embellished. All those British/Ausi/NZ actors and accents playing French folks that were members of the French court. :-)

I good follow up to the Tudors, which was a lot more accurate.

[Reply]
chiefs1111 04:54 AM 01-18-2016
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Watching S1 of the Americans..... should have gotten on board sooner.
Great show.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 10:35 AM 02-07-2016
I've been binge watching shows like crazy recently. I've watched all episodes so far of Peak Blinders, Boardwalk Empire, and Silicon Valley and now almost caught up with Vikings. I'm thinking Black Sails is next.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 AM 02-07-2016
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
I've been binge watching shows like crazy recently. I've watched all episodes so far of Peak Blinders, Boardwalk Empire, and Silicon Valley and now almost caught up with Vikings. I'm thinking Black Sails is next.
Black Sails is really solid. Not Game of Thrones good, but better than Vikings.
[Reply]
eDave 04:50 PM 04-23-2016
Binging Silicon Valley. Forgot how great it is. Glad it's back.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:08 AM 05-02-2016
Just went back and watched the one and only season of Firefly... Why in the heavens was this not renewed... that show was incredibly entertaining. Very sad there are no more to watch. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:30 AM 05-02-2016
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Just went back and watched the one and only season of Firefly... Why in the heavens was this not renewed... that show was incredibly entertaining. Very sad there are no more to watch. :-)
Dig up the movie. It's good.
[Reply]
underEJ 10:53 AM 05-23-2016
I started watching a Canadian show called Republic of Doyle on Netflix. Father and Son private detective in Newfoundland with a GTO for good measure. The synopsis should have turned me away, but I was pretty much planning to be in and out of an exhaustion coma.

I couldn't have been more wrong, never napped at all. I think I watched the first five or six straight. It borders on ridiculous somehow in a good way, but it shows its home town well, the characters are pretty good, the detective stories are decent and the family at the heart of it is really fun. There are six seasons (I guess it was a pretty popular show,) so I will have good distractions for a while!
[Reply]
lcarus 11:46 AM 05-23-2016
Is Sherlock ever coming back? I still haven't watched that Victorian era episode yet. Didn't seem that interesting to me.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 171
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up