ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 173
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:15 AM 06-07-2023
For the record, 'Father and Son' by Cat Stevens has never NOT worked in a montage to wrap up a movie/series.

Lasso used it well - GOTG did it best.

https://youtu.be/w-re1n6i-Xk

(Can't get an embed to work)

Then again, GOTG did a lot of stuff best - man that was a good little franchise from completely out of left field. Never would've thought Andy Dwyer would've had it in him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:03 PM 06-07-2023
Treason on Netflix is a nice little spy thriller.

Normally the shit is pretty easy to see, but this did a decent enough job of keeping the twists hidden. You have to suspend some disbelief, but not so much that it takes you out of it.

Olga Kurylenko still does it for me. She’s getting older and they tried (pretty successfully) to make her look haggard, but for whatever reason she still trips my trigger.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:51 AM 06-09-2023
I can’t remember who in this thread recommended Mr. Inbetween on FX/Hulu, but damn, it’s one really phenomenal show that I like far more than I thought I would’ve. Just finished the second season and disappointed there’s only more left.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:58 AM 06-09-2023
Always Sunny in Philadelphia is back
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:25 AM 06-09-2023
I checked out "Bupkis" on Peacock, expecting nothing. It stars Pete Davidson playing himself, Joe Pesci as his grandpa, and Edie Falco as his mom. Plenty of appearances by other stars as well.

I'm 3 episodes in, and right off the bat it's fucking hilarious. The first scene in the first episode sets the tone.

It's worth watching the first 30 minute episode to see if it's for you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:43 AM 06-09-2023
It has Pete Davidson?

It's not for me.

Fuck that guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:10 AM 06-09-2023
Silo on AppleTV is off to a great start.

Sci-fi with a mystery.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:29 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It has Pete Davidson?

It's not for me.

**** that guy.
Damn, are you an Ariana Grande fan?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:12 AM 06-09-2023
It has Pete Davidson?

It's not for me.

**** that guy.
He is even ruining Taco Bell commercials now. :-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:33 AM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
He is even ruining Taco Bell commercials now. :-)
Yeah, because Taco Bell commercials used to be fucking awesome.
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:41 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Big shout out to Lew and Buehler! Just finished the first season of Peaky Blinders, it’s damn good. We’re definitely hooked, thanks fellas.
Yeah, it has been a couple years for me so I think it has been long enough it is time to watch it again. One of the best IMO.
[Reply]
scho63 01:50 PM 06-09-2023
Three series I binged watched that are FANTASTIC and should be watched by everyone:

1. Shameless
2. The Wire
3. Barry

I know people LOVE Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul but I plead ignorance because I haven't been able to get those two under my belt yet. On my next binge watch calendar.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:05 PM 06-09-2023
I have watched Shameless backwards and forwards a dozen times.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM 06-09-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Three series I binged watched that are FANTASTIC and should be watched by everyone:

1. Shameless
2. The Wire
3. Barry

I know people LOVE Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul but I plead ignorance because I haven't been able to get those two under my belt yet. On my next binge watch calendar.
I have the final season of Saul to watch.

The problem is that they just went so long between seasons over those last 3 that it really killed the momentum for me. I've never bothered to watch the last one despite religiously watching the first several. I gotta believe they did a nice job with it and there are so many questions that could be answered. I should watch it.

I just haven't. It's hard to get that inertia back.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:31 PM 06-09-2023
I have the final season of Saul to watch.

The problem is that they just went so long between seasons over those last 3 that it really killed the momentum for me. I've never bothered to watch the last one despite religiously watching the first several. I gotta believe they did a nice job with it and there are so many questions that could be answered. I should watch it.

I just haven't. It's hard to get that inertia back.
Ohh, you have to watch it.

It was the best season IMO and wrapped things up nicely.

The BB/BCS universe is my favorite though.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 173
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163 > Last »
Up