ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 173
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:18 AM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Final Season of Barry starts on Sunday. Sad to see it end.
Thanks for the heads up; didn't realize it was starting back up again.

And since Bill Hader appears to hate his character, I'm thinking the ending is gonna be pretty bleak.

Hader does a fair number of interviews about the show and every time he makes it clear that he's not terribly interested in a tidy ending for Barry. He thinks the PTSD thing is mostly an excuse to be a shithead.

Barry's gonna end up in a cage or a box when all is said and done, IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:24 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You see the ads for The Citadel?

Because I'm actually pretty excited about that one; looks like if The Bourne Identity and Mr. and Mrs. Smith had a baby.
I was in as soon as I saw the Russo Bros were involved.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:36 PM 04-16-2023

And since Bill Hader appears to hate his character, I'm thinking the ending is gonna be pretty bleak.

Hader does a fair number of interviews about the show and every time he makes it clear that he's not terribly interested in a tidy ending for Barry. He thinks the PTSD thing is mostly an excuse to be a shithead.

Hader said that this season will be even darker than last and he’s directing every single episode.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:56 PM 04-16-2023

Because I'm actually pretty excited about that one; looks like if The Bourne Identity and Mr. and Mrs. Smith had a baby.
And I'd be willing to give that the benefit of the doubt much more than The Night Agent entirely because I think Prime has the ability to put out better overall content than Netflix. Of course, that doesn't imply that everything will be better.

But yeah, it looks intense in that same genre.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:46 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It was described to me as a cross between 24 and Homeland.

Those are two of my favorite shows ever.

I made it 1.5 episodes and broke up with my friend who recommended it.
Oh man, ouch.

If we're parsing out seasons, then season 1 of Homeland is elite in my book where as the first 30 minutes of Night Agent was reminiscent to the start of the '11 Chiefs season when Eric Berry shredded his knee in week 1 by comparison.
[Reply]
Fish 01:54 PM 04-16-2023
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I saw Night Agent getting some praise here, but I couldn't get past the second episode. Thought I was watching a different series after hearing some reviews.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:26 PM 04-16-2023

I'm excited about that one. We'll see.

Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It was described to me as a cross between 24 and Homeland.

Those are two of my favorite shows ever.

I made it 1.5 episodes and broke up with my friend who recommended it.
LOL

Yeah, you went in with WAAAY too high of expectations. No way that show is either one of those things.

I was surprised by a couple of the performances and the action was better than the low budget schlock I was expecting, but my comment was it was way too big for it's britches.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:17 PM 04-16-2023
Just watched the first episode of Florida Man - it's actually pretty funny. Dark comedy with a little gratuitous nudity. And it's not trying to punch above its weight - it's happy being a kinda gory cut-rate HBO comedy.
I'll give that a look. Thanks.
I'm not gonna lie....wat?!?

It's very possibly the worst acted show I've seen this side of a univision telenovela. It's sooooooo baaaaaad.

And the writing really falls apart about halfway through as well.

But...I watched it. It had a great hook and a fun premise. It was worth the time. But I'm pretty positive Netflix never expected it to take off like it did because if they had there's just no way they put the hacks in major roles they did.

Oh...and is Rose Larkin hot? I can't quite figure it out but I think she might be.
I thought there were a couple moments that worked and I was surprised by, but they were early. As the story got big and dumb, those went away. But again, I was expecting pure schlock.

And I wanted to see Rose naked, so there's my vote.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:20 PM 04-16-2023
Suddenly in like episode 6 she had a great rack.

I have no idea where that came from. She goes from essentially being your little sister to making some movement in a grey t-shirt and packing serious heat in the process...
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:25 PM 04-16-2023
Suddenly in like episode 6 she had a great rack.

I have no idea where that came from. She goes from essentially being your little sister to making some movement in a grey t-shirt and packing serious heat in the process...
Was that on the boat? Somewhere around there, I was like, yeah, I want to see her naked.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:39 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Was that on the boat? Somewhere around there, I was like, yeah, I want to see her naked.
Yeup.

That was the moment.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:13 PM 04-16-2023

This makes sense. I think he must have realized this in season 3, because not only is it clear he hates the character, but that you the audience should feel bad rooting for him. I'm excited for season 4 in hopes it's closer tonally to Seasons 1 and 2.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:43 PM 04-16-2023
You’re live wire motherf*****.
[Reply]
Holladay 01:04 AM 04-17-2023
Just finished watching "Beef". Not my style. I would give it a 6-7 on the Hoot Factor. I am glad that Netflix allows for a 1.5X watch speed.

Fruit Loop is not quite the word I am looking for...Melodramatic, contrived...dunno.

If the whole premise is based upon a road rage incident, color me jaundiced.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:55 AM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
This makes sense. I think he must have realized this in season 3, because not only is it clear he hates the character, but that you the audience should feel bad rooting for him. I'm excited for season 4 in hopes it's closer tonally to Seasons 1 and 2.
He cites the Moss incident as Barry's chance to make amends but ultimately notes that his treatment of Chris shows who he truly is.

I think he's gotten darker in the show because he tried to be subtle in season 1 and people kept thinking Barry was a likeable and redeemable character.

I think he's always felt this way about Barry but has gotten more heavy handed due to the audience response.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 173
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Up