ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 173
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
blake5676 08:13 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
i watched it, wasn't the greatest but i was entertained.

I have been watching The Leftovers on HBO its only 3 seasons and im almost finished. Really liking it, its an older show though I think finished in 2017.
Such a good show. Definitely in my top 5 but it was the hardest for me to “get hooked” on and keep watching. I really struggled the first time I watched it until about halfway through season 1.

Interested to hear your thoughts after you finish. I loved the finale and thought it wrapped up the story perfectly.
[Reply]
thabear04 06:04 AM 04-11-2023
Not sure if anybody seen this but good show.

BEEF proves that Hoobastank makes everything better! pic.twitter.com/i1SXjVQb38

— Netflix (@netflix) April 8, 2023

[Reply]
scho63 10:59 AM 04-12-2023
White Lotus, Ted Lasso and so many others I have never seen and not sure I even have the time.

The amount of highly rated series being produced across all these sites from Netflix to Amazon to Hulu to HBO to Showtime is just an overload of the senses.

I don't even know which should be watched first..........
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:01 AM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
White Lotus, Ted Lasso and so many others I have never seen and not sure I even have the time.

The amount of highly rated series being produced across all these sites from Netflix to Amazon to Hulu to HBO to Showtime is just an overload of the senses.

I don't even know which should be watched first..........
Ted Lasso Season 1 was terrific, I've hated every season since.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:58 PM 04-12-2023
Final Season of Barry starts on Sunday. Sad to see it end.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:35 PM 04-12-2023
I enjoyed After Life, and the outtakes are fucking hilarious.

[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:25 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by blake5676:
Such a good show. Definitely in my top 5 but it was the hardest for me to “get hooked” on and keep watching. I really struggled the first time I watched it until about halfway through season 1.

Interested to hear your thoughts after you finish. I loved the finale and thought it wrapped up the story perfectly.
Finished The Leftovers was happy, definitely a really good show.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:45 AM 04-16-2023
Succession and TWO episodes of Barry tonight yall.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:00 AM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Succession and TWO episodes of Barry tonight yall.
Make it stop. There was like a brief interlude where there were only 2 weekly shows I was watching, but now it's Succession, Barry, Perry Mason, Yellowjackets, Maisel, Lasso, and Snowfall.

It's the last season for at least 5 of these though interestingly enough.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:15 AM 04-16-2023
It reallly sucks that Barry is going to be over but after the way season 3 ended it really couldn’t last much longer. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably been mentioned but I just started watching a show called "Night Agent." Good show through 5 episodes. Dramatic show about a FBI agent that gets pulled into the world of espionage. Interesting, good plot, writing, decent acting. Good watch.

Season two is already in the works.
I'm not gonna lie....wat?!?

It's very possibly the worst acted show I've seen this side of a univision telenovela. It's sooooooo baaaaaad.

And the writing really falls apart about halfway through as well.

But...I watched it. It had a great hook and a fun premise. It was worth the time. But I'm pretty positive Netflix never expected it to take off like it did because if they had there's just no way they put the hacks in major roles they did.

Oh...and is Rose Larkin hot? I can't quite figure it out but I think she might be.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 04-16-2023
Just watched the first episode of Florida Man - it's actually pretty funny. Dark comedy with a little gratuitous nudity. And it's not trying to punch above its weight - it's happy being a kinda gory cut-rate HBO comedy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:56 AM 04-16-2023
Yeah I was out halfway through the first episode of Night Agent
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:02 AM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yeah I was out halfway through the first episode of Night Agent
It was described to me as a cross between 24 and Homeland.

Those are two of my favorite shows ever.

I made it 1.5 episodes and broke up with my friend who recommended it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:17 AM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It was described to me as a cross between 24 and Homeland.

Those are two of my favorite shows ever.

I made it 1.5 episodes and broke up with my friend who recommended it.
You see the ads for The Citadel?

Because I'm actually pretty excited about that one; looks like if The Bourne Identity and Mr. and Mrs. Smith had a baby.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 173
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153 > Last »
Up