ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 172
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:41 PM 04-02-2023
Binge watched the first 4 episodes of Perry Mason, season 2. I'm really liking this second season, like the fist season it's a good slow-burn series.

Also watched Black Bird on apple TV. That show had me hooked from the start. It's based on the memoir of a former fbi informant in prison at the fed med in Springfield. Although they did try to make the fed med out to be one of the worst maximum security prisons in America, I suspect it was just to heighten the tension for the show. I don't recall ever hearing about how terrible the fed med was when I worked for Greene County 20 years ago, but whatever.

Anyways, the guy that played the serial killer Larry Hall was totally believable as a creepy, sadistic, child-killing fuck. They never found all the bodies of his victims unfortunately, but they were able to get him for a few and keep his crazy ass locked up.
[Reply]
In58men 10:06 PM 04-04-2023
On episode 2 into The Night Agent, pretty good so far.
[Reply]
In58men 10:23 PM 04-05-2023
Watched 2 more episodes tonight, very good. Sucked in.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:51 AM 04-06-2023
yup. I binged the whole damn thing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:57 PM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Watched 2 more episodes tonight, very good. Sucked in.
Yeah, I watched it a week or so ago.

I was surprised by the performances. They were pretty good. So was the action for a Netflix flick.

It ended up too big for it's britches though. No way it could encompass that kind of scope. That took me out of it a bit, but I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 06:04 PM 04-06-2023
I just finished the first season of The Capture on Peacock and have to say it's a solid 9/10.

Exciting and disturbing.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:21 AM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
On episode 2 into The Night Agent, pretty good so far.
I was surprised it was a good show. Worth the time to see.
[Reply]
kevrunner 05:59 PM 04-07-2023
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich:
I just finished the first season of The Capture on Peacock and have to say it's a solid 9/10.

Exciting and disturbing.

Thanks for the recommendation, I never would have found this.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:58 PM 04-09-2023
Halfway through Beef on Netflix.

It's excellent. Best thing Netflix has put out there in a long time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:36 PM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Interesting. I thought it looked dumb. Is it deeper than a comedy about road rage?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:04 PM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Interesting. I thought it looked dumb. Is it deeper than a comedy about road rage?
It’s a really good comedy about road rage.

The reviews are excellent too so I’d kinda be surprised if you didn’t enjoy it as we seem to have similar tastes.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:25 PM 04-09-2023

We are digging it too! Got some strong White Lotus vibes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:11 PM 04-09-2023
It’s a really good comedy about road rage.

The reviews are excellent too so I’d kinda be surprised if you didn’t enjoy it as we seem to have similar tastes.
Right on. Thanks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:39 PM 04-10-2023
Probably been mentioned but I just started watching a show called "Night Agent." Good show through 5 episodes. Dramatic show about a FBI agent that gets pulled into the world of espionage. Interesting, good plot, writing, decent acting. Good watch.

Season two is already in the works.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:34 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably been mentioned but I just started watching a show called "Night Agent." Good show through 5 episodes. Dramatic show about a FBI agent that gets pulled into the world of espionage. Interesting, good plot, writing, decent acting. Good watch.

Season two is already in the works.
i watched it, wasn't the greatest but i was entertained.

I have been watching The Leftovers on HBO its only 3 seasons and im almost finished. Really liking it, its an older show though I think finished in 2017.
[Reply]
Page 142 of 172
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152 > Last »
Up