ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 139 of 172
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
No excuse! :-)

After 4 1/2 inches of rain in 15 hours Thursday night, I spent 5 hours this morning raking, shoveling and relocating the gravel in my 300ft driveway and still got through episode 9 this afternoon. :-)

I have never seen a downpour like that, it was overshooting the gutters and we live on the side of a hill. :-)
I’m super jealous. It is still ridiculously dry here.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:31 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Night Agent on netflix is a great adventure/mystery stream. I would highly recommend it.
I made it about 3 and half episodes and can't go on. There is a soap-opera quality to the dialogue that bugs me.

As an aside: Streaming services are creating multi-episode shows that really should be made-for-tv movies of an hour or two. A lot of nothing happens in episodes, and more nothing happens in the next episode. The story progresses at a snails pace.
[Reply]
Holladay 03:39 PM 03-27-2023
I can see that. Everyone process different
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:01 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’m super jealous. It is still ridiculously dry here.
I know friend, keep the Oberlin weather report on a tab and talk to our guy regular. He did send me a pix of some wet snow a couple days ago, first in some time. I think he said they had had 3 hundreths for the month before that. Hang in there, it will turn around

We have had these torential rains every spring, the lake is a mess.

I just finished Succession season 4 episode 1 and it was great IMO. Little confusing to start but it comes together. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 08:04 PM 03-27-2023
Would highly recommend Superstore on NBC or Hulu/Netflix. Pretty funny and lighthearted show. Easy watch. Kind of like if The Office was in a dept store.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:20 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I know friend, keep the Oberlin weather report on a tab and talk to our guy regular. He did send me a pix of some wet snow a couple days ago, first in some time. I think he said they had had 3 hundreths for the month before that. Hang in there, it will turn around

We have had these torential rains every spring, the lake is a mess.

I just finished Succession season 4 episode 1 and it was great IMO. Little confusing to start but it comes together. :-)
Yeah. I loved it. It definitely hit the ground running and was throwing 100MPH the whole time.

Shits popping.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:16 AM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Would highly recommend Superstore on NBC or Hulu/Netflix. Pretty funny and lighthearted show. Easy watch. Kind of like if The Office was in a dept store.
Superstore was awesome. :-)
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:12 PM 03-28-2023
Anyone watch the first season of The Bear on Hulu? Really really enjoyed it and the second season is supposed to be out in June or July. This video is a bit more than a trailer for the show. Might have a few spoilers in it. I didn't think the trailer video did it justice. Watch to about 1:40 gives you a good idea of the show... or longer if you want to know more.

[Reply]
Buehler445 03:35 PM 03-28-2023
The Bear was absolutely amazing. That one I was all the way in on and hung with me for awhile.

Strongly recommend.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Anyone watch the first season of The Bear on Hulu? Really really enjoyed it and the second season is supposed to be out in June or July. This video is a bit more than a trailer for the show. Might have a few spoilers in it. I didn't think the trailer video did it justice. Watch to about 1:40 gives you a good idea of the show... or longer if you want to know more.

We loved it. Can't wait for a new season.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:45 PM 03-28-2023
Unfun fact: Mr Beef co-founder, Joseph Zucchero, died earlier this month.

The chef character in The Bear took direct inspiration from Mr Beef and the show modeled their set after, and sometimes filmed at the actual Mr Beef on Orleans

Beef, dipped, hot, mozz if yous a real one

[Reply]
BigRichard 07:02 PM 03-28-2023
Got another one we have been watching... "YOU" on Netflix. First season was pretty good and the ending has us definitely going to watch season 2.

[Reply]
HemiEd 05:30 AM 03-29-2023
Got another one we have been watching... "YOU" on Netflix. First season was pretty good and the ending has us definitely going to watch season 2.

I have watched a few episodes of You and will get back to it after taking a break for a Succession refresher. :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:34 AM 03-29-2023

Did anyone watch one of 2022's best new shows?

Maybe.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 AM 03-29-2023

Love this show too.

We burned through it pretty fast when it came out and then waited forever for the latest season. And of course, we haven't watched it yet even though it's finally out. :-)
[Reply]
Page 139 of 172
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149 > Last »
Up