ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:43 AM 01-31-2023
Yeah, Shaq Barrett singled him out after the game.

#Bucs' Shaq Barrett says #Chiefs G Andrew Wylie was talking trash all night long: "I didn't even know what he was saying. I told him he's a scrub, he's trash, he gotta take a train home. Just get back on the flight tonight. I'm going to Disney World, baby!"

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 8, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:45 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He was a pretty interesting interview in the post-game.

He'd mind-fucked himself. But he did say "y'know, if my coaches believe in me, why don't I believe in me? I kept telling myself after those fumbles that I didn't want to do it anymore, but that was a lie - I want the ball..."

So credit to the staff for keeping his confidence up even after they'd clearly taking him out of the role. As for the return, it wasn't a spectacular return but he does deserve credit for keeping things simple. Remember Vanover back in the day? Catch ball - go forward. That's what Moore did there. He got a great punt to return (man it was a bad punt) and knew he'd have plenty of runway in front of him so he didn't fuck around and didn't get cute. He went to gobble up as much of that open space in front of him as quickly as he could. And his coverage unit did a great job of opening that lane for him and preparation met opportunity.

The best thing Moore did on that return was not try to do too much. And because he didn't, the return opened up for him and he was able to take advantage of it.
The question is....which Moore on punt returns do we have? The one who fumbles and gets in his own head...or the one who can adequately do the job?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Huh? I distinctly remember Wylie getting some flak for running his mouth during SB55 to the Bucs.
The Bucs did a lot of trash talking leading up to that game, just like the Bengals.

Wylie just needs to handle it better but it's not like it was completely unprovoked.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:46 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Bucs did a lot of trash talking leading up to that game, just like the Bengals.

Wylie just needs to handle it better but it's not like it was completely unprovoked.
I don't think we're going to see a bunch of that bullshit with the Eagles. There might be some subtle trash talking but nothing like the Bengals/Bucs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The question is....which Moore on punt returns do we have? The one who fumbles and gets in his own head...or the one who can adequately do the job?
The latter, I think. I mean the last time he muffed a punt was a long, long time ago.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:47 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Don't care. Do what Jones did. Just fucking dominate them from the kickoff to the victory formation with no bullshit in between.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:48 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Townsend & Butker seem to have figured out the holding issue on FG attempts. They have been perfect on FG & XP kicks the last 3 games (Raiders, Jags, Cincy). I hope they can keep it going!
go back and look at the snap on the last FG

that snap was a bit off to my eye...it came into tommy's body pretty close, low to the ground and he didn't catch it cleanly

when i saw it, i panicked

townsend plucked and placed with perfection!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:48 AM 01-31-2023
Well, he's actually catching the ball properly instead of trying to scrape it off the ground so that'll probably do wonders
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't care. Do what Jones did. Just fucking dominate them from the kickoff to the victory formation with no bullshit in between.
Oh I don't disagree. Wylie should know better.

I'm just saying that isn't the norm for him. He's usually pretty quiet. I think he lets all that trash talk get in his head. That's his fault for sure. I'm just saying it probably doesn't happen at all if the Bengals went about their business without running their mouths.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:49 AM 01-31-2023
That Bengals game was personal for every one of those dudes. After that bullshit last year? There was no way they were going to come out flat. The Bengals talking shit just made it easier for them to get worked up.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:51 AM 01-31-2023
We earned the 1 seed because Spags and his defense were instrumental in at least 2 wins this season.

We won on Sunday because Spags took a crew that needed 300 snaps from rookie and held down the most dangerous WR corps in football. There was a single sustained drive in that entire game and it required a spectacular catch on a 4th down YOLO ball to pull off.

Jesus, man - you're just absolutely refusing to give the guy any credit and then getting pissed off when people call you an idiot for it.

Nobody's saying you HAVE to say that Spags has had a fantastic year. It's a free country and you don't have to wear the ribbon.

But just about everyone is comfortable calling you a goddamn moron for simply putting blinders on and celebrating your ignorance. Worse still, it's not like anyone was calling for you to come out and announce it. You simply sauntered into the thread and felt compelled to double down on it.
It's willful ignorance. Sad, really.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:51 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
ChiefsFanatic is still convinced that the 2000 Ravens won the Super Bowl because of Trent Dilfer's sterling play and not that suffocating defense.
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:54 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You give him line-drives that he doesn't have to move for, I suspect he'll be just fine.

It's those hangers with the coverage circling around him that he starts to adjust to as they float up there that make me nervous.

Like I said, the Bengals punter just wasn't very good on Sunday. It almost made me wonder if they weren't going galaxy brain back there and INTENTIONALLY attacking Moore with the idea that he might bobble one. But still, if you're gonna do that, putting it to the middle of the field is fine but you have to hang it. When it's flat like that, it's not much different from catching a pass and ultimately there's just not that much time to think about it and get in your own head.

Give Moore credit for Sunday, sure. Doesn't mean I want to see him out there again in the SB though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:56 AM 01-31-2023
Fuck that. We had a nice little moment there for him. Let's not ruin it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:57 AM 01-31-2023
You give him line-drives that he doesn't have to move for, I suspect he'll be just fine.

It's those hangers with the coverage circling around him that he starts to adjust to as they float up there that make me nervous.

Like I said, the Bengals punter just wasn't very good on Sunday. It almost made me wonder if they weren't going galaxy brain back there and INTENTIONALLY attacking Moore with the idea that he might bobble one. But still, if you're gonna do that, putting it to the middle of the field is fine but you have to hang it. When it's flat like that, it's not much different from catching a pass and ultimately there's just not that much time to think about it and get in your own head.

Give Moore credit for Sunday, sure. Doesn't mean I want to see him out there again in the SB though.
I guess they could put Watson back there for the SB but we're sort of running out of options. I'm not a huge fan of Pacheco on KR duty either. I wasn't in the beginning and I'm for sure not now that he's basically our starting RB.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up