ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Toronto Raptors to play in KC for 2021 season?
Deberg_1990 08:31 PM 10-27-2020

KC mayor Quinton Lucas, US Senators Roy Blunt, Pat Roberts and Jerry Moran, and US Rep Emanuel Cleaver co-signed a letter to the NBA commissioner's office and Raptors ownership making the case for Kansas City to be the temporary home, if needed.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

Never thought I’d type this but Kansas City is legit pursuing an NBA team. Here’s the latest, including three irrefutable takeaways: https://t.co/ZrkvFqUE6F

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
-King- 10:53 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I love college basketball. I'm with you there. I just don't understand how people who love college basketball hate NBA so much. It just baffles me. Everyone who loves college football also loves the NFL for the most part.
Some people like watching players pass the ball around the perimeter with no strategy for 25 seconds before hoisting up a rushed shot or hoping their 1 good player can make a play. Then when the player misses, they call that good defense.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:01 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Some people like watching players pass the ball around the perimeter with no strategy for 25 seconds before hoisting up a rushed shot or hoping their 1 good player can make a play. Then when the player misses, they call that good defense.
Oh, you must watch Wisconsin basketball.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:07 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
It really is an inferior product, but the main reason I like college basketball is to see the fast progression of players from year to year. I honestly am not too interested in the OAD. I don't think many CBB fans really care about OAD's either, except Duke. They help but not as much as most programs think and they are a pain in the ass.

There is alot to love about watching a player like Frank Mason play 4-years, become a better man, a leader and watching him grow on and off the court. Then he makes it into the NBA despite being undersized.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:10 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Completely different game.

There's not as much difference between college and pro football (though some might say offenses are even more creative in college).
Yeah, I'm personally just not into the 1 on 1 style of the NBA, even though I do respect the hell out of the talent. CBB can definitely get frustrating to watch though when guys can't hit a freakin' layup, along with the whistle-fests of the past few years.

Prior to putting the hammer down on every little touch foul, college had better game flow, IMO.... I'm typically doing other stuff while watching sports, so whistles and commercials (and fucking in-game commercials) are all distractions, and the commercials lead me to press mute.... and with enough muting and whistles, I forget that I'm even watching it. The NBA just doesn't keep my attention.

That said, between the whistles and Steph Curry effect, college and pro might be a little more similar these days.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:11 AM 10-28-2020

#Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes wants the #Raptors

"Kansas City is a great sport for any franchise to be at.. the fan base is crazy and they love sports.."

— McKenzie Nelson (@McKenzieMNelson) October 28, 2020

Andy Reid on the potential of KC being the Raptors' temporary home next season.

"It's a phenomenal sports town," Reid said. "Good people in Toronto, too, but we'd love to have you. Let's go. No better sports place than right here."https://t.co/LIwYcYlPFJ

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) October 28, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 11:12 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I'm personally just not into the 1 on 1 style of the NBA, even though I do respect the hell out of the talent. CBB can definitely get frustrating to watch though when guys can't hit a freakin' layup, along with the whistle-fests of the past few years.

Prior to putting the hammer down on every little touch foul, college had better game flow, IMO.... I'm typically doing other stuff while watching sports, so whistles and commercials (and ****ing in-game commercials) are all distractions, and the commercials lead me to press mute.... and with enough muting and whistles, I forget that I'm even watching it. The NBA just doesn't keep my attention.

That said, between the whistles and Steph Curry effect, college and pro might be a little more similar these days.
If there is any reason I'm turned off by the NBA, it's the constant calling of fouls on the perimeter on 3 point shots. I'm all for less hand checking, but they really need to stop these 3 point fouls and fouls on jump shots. A guy can get murdered driving to the hoop, no call. But Steph Curry falls on a guys foot coming down from a clean 3 pointer, tweetles!!!!
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:17 AM 10-28-2020
It really is an inferior product, but the main reason I like college basketball is to see the fast progression of players from year to year. I honestly am not too interested in the OAD. I don't think many CBB fans really care about OAD's either, except Duke. They help but not as much as most programs think and they are a pain in the ass.

There is alot to love about watching a player like Frank Mason play 4-years, become a better man, a leader and watching him grow on and off the court. Then he makes it into the NBA despite being undersized.
I agree, with the exception of kids like Durant or Anthony Davis, Andrew Wiggins to a large extent, etc; who are clearly on a different level... the college requirement rule is the one way I get to enjoy NBA level talent without watching the NBA. Of course, there are plenty of other OADs who aren't nearly at that level from day one, so you just hope they can contribute to your team.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:18 AM 10-28-2020
If there is any reason I'm turned off by the NFL, it's the constant calling of fouls on the perimeter on 3 point shots. I'm all for less hand checking, but they really need to stop these 3 point fouls and fouls on jump shots. A guy can get murdered driving to the hoop, no call. But Steph Curry falls on a guys foot coming down from a clean 3 pointer, tweetles!!!!
You always see alot of contact when players driving to the basket and I don't understand why some are called and others are not. I guess it depends on who the player is. In regard to 3 pt shooting fouls, it is safety issue. If you don't allow the shooter to land they can seriously injure themselves.
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:20 AM 10-28-2020
Guess the Raptors can share the Sprint Center with the Penguins.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:25 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You always see alot of contact when players driving to the basket and I don't understand why some are called and others are not. I guess it depends on who the player is. In regard to 3 pt shooting fouls, it is safety issue. If you don't allow the shooter to land they can seriously injure themselves.
Cost of doing business.

I'm also for being able to take out the punter or FG kicker in football as long as you are making a legitimate play at the ball. I think the same should hold true in the NBA.

Rahhh. I'm crazy.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:26 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Guess the Raptors can share the Sprint Center with the Penguins.
Lol ya I fully expect we are being used as leverage but I'll take what I can get
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:30 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I really wish they would put the hammer down on offensive fouls... players leaning into defenders and otherwise drawing contact and fouls. That would hopefully put a stop to a lot of the silliness and clowning around in both leagues, even though it does open a new can of worms for everyone to complain.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:58 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
You obviously haven't been to many live sporting events in your life if you think NBA games are one of the best in-person experiences in sports.

And you continue to prove that you're a fucking moron.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:01 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I saw Kobe/LeBron at Staples and thought 'meh'.

I honestly enjoy a frenzied atmosphere at Allen Field House (and the college game itself) over the NBA any day.
To each his own.

I was actually disappointed the first time I went to Allen Fieldhouse in 1983 because I was expecting soooo much more. The subsequent times were fun but being around a bunch of entitled, drunk KU students isn't exactly on the top of my list when it comes to entertainment.

That said, Kings games at Kemper weren't much better, especially from around 1982-1985. We even had floor seats.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:01 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And you continue to prove that you're a ****ing moron.
Says the dumbshit who is claiming that attending an NBA game is one of the best in-person sporting event experiences.

Enough said.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up