ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>Toronto Raptors to play in KC for 2021 season?
Deberg_1990 08:31 PM 10-27-2020

KC mayor Quinton Lucas, US Senators Roy Blunt, Pat Roberts and Jerry Moran, and US Rep Emanuel Cleaver co-signed a letter to the NBA commissioner's office and Raptors ownership making the case for Kansas City to be the temporary home, if needed.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

Never thought I’d type this but Kansas City is legit pursuing an NBA team. Here’s the latest, including three irrefutable takeaways: https://t.co/ZrkvFqUE6F

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
bowener 11:11 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
That would be awesome! It would be fun to build a team from the ground up in KC.
I've got to assume that the $1 Billion buy-in fee will keep a lot of prospective investors away from a smaller market like KC.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:17 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I've got to assume that the $1 Billion buy-in fee will keep a lot of prospective investors away from a smaller market like KC.
Unless they plan on putting another team in NY or CHI it would be a small market expansion.

Largest metro areas without NBA teams
#15 Seattle (can totally see them getting another team)
#17 San Diego (just don't see the support, they don't really like sports)
#18 Tampa (booming city but lackluster fan support)
#20 STL (they only care about hockey and baseball. They didn't even care about the Rams really)
#21 Baltimore
#27 Pittsburgh (dying city)
#28 Las Vegas (already have two recent expansion teams, hard to see a 3rd)
#29 Austin (market too saturated but you never know, Dallas, San Antonio & Houston already with fan support. Austin needs something eventually. They are the fastest growing place in the USA, very prosperous city)
#30 Kansas City
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:20 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
#20 STL (they only care about hockey and baseball. They didn't even care about the Rams really)
I’m not going to go down the rabbit hole about the Rams but that’s not true.

STL almost had the Grizzlies move from Vancouver in 2000 before the NBA nixed it.

STL can support 3 teams but there has to be someone in the market to want to have the desire to bring a team there. Additionally, they’d probably get a lot of support if it’s homegrown vs relocated.
[Reply]
bowener 04:49 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Unless they plan on putting another team in NY or CHI it would be a small market expansion.

Largest metro areas without NBA teams
#15 Seattle (can totally see them getting another team)
#17 San Diego (just don't see the support, they don't really like sports)
#18 Tampa (booming city but lackluster fan support)
#21 Baltimore
#27 Pittsburgh (dying city)
#28 Las Vegas (already have two recent expansion teams, hard to see a 3rd)
#29 Austin (market too saturated but you never know, Dallas, San Antonio & Houston already with fan support. Austin needs something eventually. They are the fastest growing place in the USA, very prosperous city)
#30 Kansas City
I think Vegas is the most likely candidate here. I don't think they'd have any trouble filling the arena or finding local fan support. The locals have gone nuts for the Golden Knights, and as soon as the Raiders allow fans at games, that place will be fucking packed.

So, Seattle and Las Vegas are my guesses.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:32 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
That would be awesome! It would be fun to build a team from the ground up in KC.
Wont happen
[Reply]
Funkstown 06:42 PM 12-22-2020
Man I miss seeing the Spurs live.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up