ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 125
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Every team boosts their scrubs in the preseason, though. Both by the team and fluff jobs by local media. For the most part, it's meaningless.
No, it's not at all meaningless.

There's a difference. There's definitely fluff that goes directly to the media in a PC or interview type of setting, and then there's when a guy like Louis Riddick basically tells us that Veach/Andy really think they have something with ______.

It happened with Pat and Tyreek for example. Trey Smith got a lot of that typ of hype last year for a recent example.

When the Chiefs are privately telling multiple people in the media that Pachecho is very impressive, then they proceed to play him with the 1s in both preseason games (while quickly pulling him), that's not "fluff".

It doesn't necessarily mean they're right, or that they have a star on their hands, but it's clealry genuine excitement from inside the organization.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:32 PM 08-23-2022
I think its more of a damning indictment on CEH than anything.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:43 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, it's not at all meaningless.

There's a difference. There's definitely fluff that goes directly to the media in a PC or interview type of setting, and then there's when a guy like Louis Riddick basically tells us that Veach/Andy really think they have something with ______.

It happened with Pat and Tyreek for example. Trey Smith got a lot of that typ of hype last year for a recent example.

When the Chiefs are privately telling multiple people in the media that Pachecho is very impressive, then they proceed to play him with the 1s in both preseason games (while quickly pulling him), that's not "fluff".

It doesn't necessarily mean they're right, or that they have a star on their hands, but it's clealry genuine excitement from inside the organization.
More than likely they are right. I've been saying this all TC. This organization is great at evaluating talent and if they think they have something, then more than likely they have something.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:25 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Every team boosts their scrubs in the preseason, though. Both by the team and fluff jobs by local media. For the most part, it's meaningless.
The most logical explanation is that they were trying to use a 7th round pick to provide motivation to CEH in the form of competition, but Pacheco is clearly not ready to get a lot of touches in the backfield.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:33 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Maybe give the guy more than a couple carries to show what he's got?

I know many on here don't pay attention to the rest of the NFL, but everybody's running game looke pretty bad in the preseason. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it's hard to practice in TC.
4 carries so far and he is a bust :-)

I dunno maybe weeks of training camp reports might be more accurate than 4 carries split between 2 preseason games.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:34 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
The most logical explanation is that they were trying to use a 7th round pick to provide motivation to CEH in the form of competition, but Pacheco is clearly not ready to get a lot of touches in the backfield.
:-)

This goes against everything the Chiefs are saying AND doing.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:35 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
4 carries so far and he is a bust :-)

I dunno maybe weeks of training camp reports might be more accurate than 4 carries split between 2 preseason games.
And we're talking about a position where guys tend to need to get into a rhythm to get going.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:39 PM 08-23-2022
I'd like to give Pacheco at least 1 season before writing him off.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:43 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I'd like to give Pacheco at least 1 season before writing him off.

Nobody is writing him off, we're just saying the play doesn't match the hype in any way thus far.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:48 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Nobody is writing him off, we're just saying the play doesn't match the hype in any way thus far.
Yeah, writing him off as a main contributor
[Reply]
staylor26 03:02 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yeah, writing him off as a main contributor
:-)

The Chiefs have basically told us, through the media and with their actions, that he's going to be a main contributor.
[Reply]
O.city 03:03 PM 08-23-2022
What do the 9ers look for in their RB's from a skill standpoint? WE should copy them. They find them every where.
[Reply]
notorious 03:08 PM 08-23-2022
Give the guy a chance, we will see if he has juice during the season.

Things look decent so far.
[Reply]
notorious 03:11 PM 08-23-2022
This guy is a CP member:

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City Chiefs: Isiah Pacheco

Pacheco has received a ton of training camp hype, but he’s no Darwin Thompson and should be taken seriously on a Chiefs offense that could lead the NFL in scoring yet has an opening for an alpha back. Ronald Jones looks destined to be cut, and Clyde Edwards-Helaire has proven to be decidedly average (earning the moniker "MEH"). Meanwhile, Andy Reid has heaped praise on Pacheco, who tied for the fastest 40-time at the combine and played under historically bad circumstances in college. Pacheco has been arguably the biggest fantasy riser this summer — for a good reason.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fantasy...215503720.html
[Reply]
staylor26 03:14 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Give the guy a chance, we will see if he has juice during the season.

Things look decent so far.
Nah man.

He had 4 carries in the preseason. That's all we needed to see.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 125
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109 > Last »
Up