ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 57
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
FAX 09:42 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'd have preferred we just made a "Brie Larson hate thread" and left this thread to talk solely about the movie.
Interesting idea, Mr. Chiefspants. But if we had a Brie Larson Hate Thread, we'd have to have a Brie Larson Love Thread, too. To keep it fair.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 09:45 PM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
84% on RT with 181 reviews. Hoping to see it this weekend

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It's interesting to read the reviews on the Rottens' website. Most of the splats are what I would describe as "lukewarm" as opposed to "hateful" or "negative".

Lukers gonna Luke. That's what uncle Merris always said.

FAX
[Reply]
Rausch 10:31 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Interesting idea, Mr. Chiefspants. But if we had a Brie Larson Hate Thread, we'd have to have a Brie Larson Love Thread, too. To keep it fair.

FAX
Speaking of, I talked to two coworkers who said it was exactly like the comic other than a huge change to the kree/skrull war that will likely piss people off. My fried joked that Bris shouldn't be getting slammed for her portrayal because she was exactly like the comix: Boring, no personality other than politics and anger, no character development.

Honestly it really wasn't fair to expect an actress to do much with the role. She doesn't have any real personality in the comix to draw from. She's a caricature of an angry SJW. It would be insulting if it wasn't written by SJW's an feminists...
[Reply]
Hawk 11:11 AM 03-07-2019
This thread...wow. I guess I will never get why people care what the actors and actresses say and think about politics. IDMAS to me.

I am excited to see the movie because it will play a role in the Infinity Wars movies and gets everything set up for End Game. Other than that, it's just a comic book movie and I don't care at all about the politics or any of that nonsense.

Has anyone on this thread actually seen the movie yet and have an opinion based on something besides your hatred of Brie Larson and all those damn Hollywood liberals?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:16 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Has anyone on this thread actually seen the movie yet and have an opinion based on something besides your hatred of Brie Larson and all those damn Hollywood liberals?
It's not out until tonight for the general public, so everyone's just going off of what they've read from critics at this point.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:17 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Speaking of, I talked to two coworkers who said it was exactly like the comic other than a huge change to the kree/skrull war that will likely piss people off. My fried joked that Bris shouldn't be getting slammed for her portrayal because she was exactly like the comix: Boring, no personality other than politics and anger, no character development.

Honestly it really wasn't fair to expect an actress to do much with the role. She doesn't have any real personality in the comix to draw from. She's a caricature of an angry SJW. It would be insulting if it wasn't written by SJW's an feminists...
How were they able to see it early?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:17 AM 03-07-2019
This thread...wow. I guess I will never get why people care what the actors and actresses say and think about politics. IDMAS to me.

I am excited to see the movie because it will play a role in the Infinity Wars movies and gets everything set up for End Game. Other than that, it's just a comic book movie and I don't care at all about the politics or any of that nonsense.

Brie's super flat ass is the mos offensive thing about her.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:20 AM 03-07-2019

There's what actors say about politics in general, and then there's what actors say about the politics of the specific project.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, but if the lead actor tells me my consumption, analysis, $$, or any other input are not welcome in their experience, I take them at their word.

And not to go too far afield, but very relevant for me, Brie pisses me MUCH MORE off complaining about male opinions of A Wrinkle in Time. I loved that book growing up, one of a small circle out of the vast shelf of books I read that were in 'all time keeper' status. I have the original trilogy in a boxed set right next to The Chronicles of Narnia boxed set in my headboard to this day. Then Ava came in a fucked it up royally, and rather than admit the error, they hem and haw about how 'if you don't like it, it's not about you.' And SHE'S NOT EVEN IN IT. . . . [rage subsiding]
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:22 AM 03-07-2019

I don't have a single post in this thread because who really gives a shit ....

But, when the lead actress goes around making it political while promoting her movie, I'm not sure I understand getting upset with the people who react to that. I never get why people care what a random yahoo on a message board says and thinks about politics.

I'll catch it on Netflix like I have the last several Marvel movies.
[Reply]
Fish 11:27 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I'll catch it on Netflix like I have the last several Marvel movies.
Nope.....

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainmen...tflix-20190209
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:28 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Nope.....

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainmen...tflix-20190209
Yep gotta get Disney+
[Reply]
Rausch 11:28 AM 03-07-2019
I, and most people, don't care what they think.

The problem is when those opinions get shoved into the movies they make and ruin them. This was a normal female comix character until the SJW's changed her and made her their poster-girl for femi-nazis.

The whole point, stated by her and disney, was to make a feminist movie.

Chris Evans and Tom Cruise have some wacky ideas but that is said in their spare time and doesn't bleed into the movies.

Good for them. Make good movies and then you do you...
[Reply]
Hawk 02:03 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I, and most people, don't care what they think.

The problem is when those opinions get shoved into the movies they make and ruin them. This was a normal female comix character until the SJW's changed her and made her their poster-girl for femi-nazis.

The whole point, stated by her and disney, was to make a feminist movie.

Chris Evans and Tom Cruise have some wacky ideas but that is said in their spare time and doesn't bleed into the movies.

Good for them. Make good movies and then you do you...
Well you don't really know if it's good or got ruined. Just because it has a female empowerment message doesn't mean it will suck automatically, though people who are all worked about that before they even see it are not likely to enjoy it no matter what I guess.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 02:10 PM 03-07-2019

:-) this is why I dont care for people injecting their personal politics into comics and movies. this is disgusting. and when Lee was alive SJWs couldn't bash him enough.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:13 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:

:-) this is why I dont care for people injecting their personal politics into comics and movies. this is disgusting. and when Lee was alive SJWs couldn't bash him enough.
What am I missing here?
[Reply]
Page 26 of 57
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up