ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 378
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.



Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:02 AM 10-19-2022

If the reports are true the Lakers didn't trade for Hield & Myles Turner in the offseason b/c they didn't want to get rid of Westbrook plus 2027 & 2029 1st round picks then, well, the entire FO deserves to have their ass kicked.

Punting seasons w/ LeBron & AD is insane.

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) October 19, 2022



I too would be surprised if Steph and the Warriors didn’t win again. Hope for some development from Memphis.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:11 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
Real Laker fans only care about winning championships. I hated the 2 year extension just so he can pad stats and live in LA.
Can't count me in that group.

I just can't root for a LeBron team. I tried in the COVID season and that was hard enough when it at least had a couple guys on there I kinda liked.

This team could go 81-1 and I'd still hate 'em. There is zero earned equity in this team or any of the last few. It's a pile of old mercenaries who play a shitty, ugly brand of basketball.

And the self-absorbed enabler who made it all happen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:12 AM 10-19-2022
:-) Brady legit has two Hall of Fame careers, including championship wins, on his resume. He has an iron grip on the GOAT status for the NFL. Lebron will always be viewed as second best in most fans eyes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:



I too would be surprised if Steph and the Warriors didnít win again. Hope for some development from Memphis.
What's the point? So they can win 47 and still get trucked in the post-season?

No sense in torching assets so you can be slightly less shitty.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:19 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Brady legit has two Hall of Fame careers, including championship wins, on his resume. He has an iron grip on the GOAT status for the NFL.
A fraud built up by the media and the NFL. Again, never once the best player in his league.

Originally Posted by :
Lebron will always be viewed as second best in most fans eyes.
Most fans are idiots. Mahomes will always likely be viewed as not as good as Brady either throughout his career because he’s never winning 7 titles but we know better than that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:21 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What's the point? So they can win 47 and still get trucked in the post-season?

No sense in torching assets so you can be slightly less shitty.
The point would be to actually try to win when you have two top 10 players in the league when healthy instead of whatever they are doing right now.

The league is honestly so weak overall (in comparison to other Super Team eras) at this point that you can argue that team would have a legitimate chance.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:26 AM 10-19-2022
It actually is a bit insane just how lousy Lebron's postseason record is. Despite being an incredibly talented player, and despite being the innovator of the modern super team/ring chasing mentality, he's only managed four championships and for the most part fans only find one of them respectable. His Miami days are viewed with scorn and most folks view the COVID Disney championship with apathy.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:27 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
A fraud built up by the media and the NFL. Again, never once the best player in his league.


Most fans are idiots. Mahomes will always likely be viewed as not as good as Brady either throughout his career because heís never winning 7 titles but we know better than that.
This where you pretend it's just fans :-)

It doesn't matter whether it's the fans, players, coaches, media, etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The point would be to actually try to win when you have two top 10 players in the league when healthy instead of whatever they are doing right now.

The league is honestly so weak overall (in comparison to other Super Team eras) at this point that you can argue that team would have a legitimate chance.
They'd still be rough defensively. Unless you believe in the myth of Patrick Beverly, I guess.

Turner's a good defensive player but Buddy is near Westbrook territory. And LeBron is just indifferent. Davis can play defense when he's healthy and interested, but that ain't often.

Adding one shooter and one defender doesn't take these guys from the lottery to a championship contender.

What they're doing right now is reaping what they've sown. And there's no escaping it.

Patrick fucking Beverly....jesus.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:28 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This where you pretend it's just fans :-)

It doesn't matter whether it's the fans, players, coaches, media, etc.
Same applies in the NFL with Brady too sadly.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:31 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They'd still be rough defensively. Unless you believe in the myth of Patrick Beverly, I guess.

Turner's a good defensive player but Buddy is near Westbrook territory. And LeBron is just indifferent. Davis can play defense when he's healthy and interested, but that ain't often.

Adding one shooter and one defender doesn't take these guys from the lottery to a championship contender.

What they're doing right now is reaping what they've sown. And there's no escaping it.

Patrick ****ing Beverly....jesus.
Oh I think Beverly is a joke. The whole roster is. But that’s how low an opinion I have of the league right now. For example, 538 has the Celtics as the significant favorites to win coming into this season and I don’t think anybody particularly believes in that group.

The championship is there for the taking for any team that wants to make a significant trade this year, I think. My Raptors (who are obviously much better positioned from a depth perspective than LA) may want to consider it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:32 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
A fraud built up by the media and the NFL. Again, never once the best player in his league.


Most fans are idiots. Mahomes will always likely be viewed as not as good as Brady either throughout his career because he’s never winning 7 titles but we know better than that.
Well, also Brady beating him in the postseason, twice, en route to two more titles. It's an irritating and unfortunate reality, but it's reality nevertheless.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:36 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, also Brady beating him in the postseason, twice, en route to two more titles. It's an irritating and unfortunate reality, but it's reality nevertheless.
Apart from championships being an indicator of team and not individual success, anybody who watched the 2nd half of the AFC championship game and the 1st half of the SB game knows what happened in those.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:47 AM 10-19-2022
If Mahomes scores any points in the first half of 2018 we might not even make it to OT and move on to the Super Bowl, but unfortunately he missed a couple of throws that swung the game completely. I guess if you want to cry about the refs in 2020 you can, but the offense was stagnant because of our OL issues and a piss poor gameplay by Reid. Still won't change the facts that Mahomes lost to Brady in the playoffs twice.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:52 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If Mahomes scores any points in the first half of 2018 we might not even make it to OT and move on to the Super Bowl, but unfortunately he missed a couple of throws that swung the game completely. I guess if you want to cry about the refs in 2020 you can, but the offense was stagnant because of our OL issues and a piss poor gameplay by Reid. Still won't change the facts that Mahomes lost to Brady in the playoffs twice.
Chiefs win in 2018 if not for some interesting calls in the 2nd half that no other player/team would have gotten.

Bucs were far better than the Chiefs in 2020, but the refereeing in the 1st half of that game was comically one-sided.

Regardless of any of this, championships are still a marker of team success and don’t necessarily speak to how good an individual is.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 378
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up