ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 29
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Daniel Sorenson appreciation/Virus, go eat a bag of dicks Thread.
TimBone 03:51 PM 01-04-2017
White boy making big plays....Virus, please follow thread title instructions.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:36 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This.

The reason you have a guy like Sorenson (or Niemann) on the field is because they know the playbook and their assignments. Even elite athleticism will get watered down if a guy doesn't mentally know what he's doing out there.

The issue is that Sorenson (and Niemann) is playing like a guy that doesn't know what he's supposed to do. He's not getting to his deep zones, he's not handing off routes right, he's got no technique in man coverage. He's making MENTAL mistakes and on top of that, he's not athletic.

He needs to not be on the field at all anymore. He's not a quality backup, let alone starter.
Wish I didn't agree with this take, but alas . . .

DD has been a great role player for this team for a few years now, including last year in the playoffs where he almost singlehandedly saved the season with that forced fumble vs. CLE in the playoffs.

But he's fallen off a cliff this year both physically and mentally and probably should be benched at this point. I doubt that happens, so I'[m hoping that he finds that one last bit of gas and plays like the old Dirty Dan from his heydays before he rides off into the sunset at the end of the season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:51 PM 11-08-2021
He's always been shitty. Every game he just flat blows a dozen assignments with either bad angles, wrong depth in coverage, or missed tackles. He just has made a half dozen or so big plays in important moments, so casual fans love him for that.

I say bullshit, those plays may not have even been necessary if it weren't for the dozen fuckups per game.

This season, he just has zero big plays to make up for it. But he's always been this guy. He's shitty, and there's no excuse for trotting him out there, especially in important moments.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:31 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's always been shitty. Every game he just flat blows a dozen assignments with either bad angles, wrong depth in coverage, or missed tackles. He just has made a half dozen or so big plays in important moments, so casual fans love him for that.

I say bullshit, those plays may not have even been necessary if it weren't for the dozen ****ups per game.

This season, he just has zero big plays to make up for it. But he's always been this guy. He's shitty, and there's no excuse for trotting him out there, especially in important moments.
Several of his "big plays" came on special teams, where I'm sure he's fine. He's never been a good safety.
[Reply]
loochy 06:48 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Whew and here I thought other players across the league do it every game.
In this sort of repetitive fashion? It's quite rare.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:54 PM 11-08-2021

I say bullshit, those plays may not have even been necessary if it weren't for the dozen ****ups per game.

I honestly thought that was clear.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:57 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I honestly thought that was clear.
apparently not. I too find it surprising.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:02 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:10 PM 11-08-2021
just wait til the new numbers come out in 2 days
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:08 AM 11-09-2021
Why don't we start using Sorenson as bait? Have Matthieu play a robber role and just shadow Sorenson and try to jump the route - since you know that's where the ball is going 100% of the time.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:51 AM 11-09-2021
apparently not. I too find it surprising.
I honestly never thought he was anything great but was at least serviceable. That being said, I never had access to All 22 like some folks around here so I didn't have that perspective. And maybe if I did my thoughts on Dan would have been different. But this year he has obviously taken a step back. And anyone who is watching the games can see that. At this point, he just needs to retire. Today!
[Reply]
Lzen 08:54 AM 11-09-2021
He has played full seasons the past 3 years and it has gotten worse (by a lot) each year. Why can't the coaches see this? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:55 AM 11-09-2021
The new numbers are in!

Daniel remains perfect.

[Reply]
old_geezer 09:03 AM 11-09-2021
Using this year's performance as my yardstick I believe Sorenson may be the worst safety the Chiefs have ever trotted out on the field (and that's saying a lot!).
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:15 AM 11-09-2021
Dan is hands down going to with the Scabby award this year. To add to his collection.
[Reply]
Spott 09:22 AM 11-09-2021
The new numbers are in!

Daniel remains perfect.

The thing is with that perfect rating is that the number would actually be higher if it didn’t cut off at 158.3. It’s like weighing 600lbs and owning a 500lb scale.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 29
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up