ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 71
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
BossChief 09:06 AM 10-30-2021
I bet he only gets a 1 year deal in FA.

Ever since Tom Brady punked him in the SB, “his defense” has been trash.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:07 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Want to hit him with the Keyshawn and just deactivate him?
If we can't find an immediate trade partner, thats the next best step

I'm sure they're chewing their fingernails off worrying about what the D will look like without him, but I dont see how they can let him hang around... he is clearly distracted, and is now a major distraction

Its a full blown national headline now, my msn and yahoo scrolls had stories from PFT, Fansided and at least one other outlet this morning

Get these fucking clowns OUT of the locker room
[Reply]
ghak99 09:12 AM 10-30-2021
I hope someone took the time to hit him with the "rent is due every day" comment.

His actions are probably a direct result of knowing he's not getting a new contract. The money spent rank vs the current D's ranking is really all that needs to be said. Reid probably isn't the best coach to be handling this situation so it might get interesting going forward.

Either way, I'll still be a Chiefs fan long after whats his name and the proven underperformed are long gone.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:14 AM 10-30-2021
Trade him to Houston for Cooks.
[Reply]
Iconic 09:14 AM 10-30-2021
Hitchens acts like he's the reason why we won or did any of those things. Fuck off turd
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:15 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
You can read now.....wow that is progress.

Funny joke!!!
[Reply]
thegame214 09:15 AM 10-30-2021
I know Tyrann was "out" of practice yesterday due to "illness". If he misses Monday night I wonder if its actually them going to trade him so he doesn't get hurt/lower his trade value before Tuesday's deadline.
[Reply]
Steron 09:15 AM 10-30-2021
In their defense, every fan loves a player that has fire and passion. HB has both of these. These guys know they could go down as the worst defense in NFL history. They have to, right? Imagine going into every football game knowing you're going to get pounded. Embarrassed. Emasculated. Then during the game and afterwards, you get bashed on television and radio by every talking-head in the world. Every missed play gets dissected and discussed ad-nauseum. You get attacked on Twitter and every other social media platform where the majority of the people attacking you have never even played a single down of organized football. It's got to be a kick in groin. Over and over and over again. Personally, I'm glad it doesn't happen to me.

That said, attacking the fanbase probably isn't the smartest thing you can do. These are the folks that come out to the stadium and cheer for you. They buy the merch. They stand out there in sub-zero temperatures freezing their ass off to support you. It's the nature of the beast for fans to love you when you're kicking ass and bash you when you're not. Any professional athlete should know this. It shouldn't be a shock that fans are fickle. The edge between love you and hate you is razor thin.

If you don't like getting called out, do something about it. Play with that fire, passion, and energy the fans expect. Don't post cryptic messages on social media bitching, but not directly bitching, about your contract. Give 100% effort on the field. That's what we expect. I think most of us would be less inclined to bitch (Who am I kidding? This is CP after all.) with the dismal way the defense has been playing if it appeared you were giving maximum effort. Maybe don't throw your arms up in the air in frustration after your defensive brother gets toasted........again. Maybe don't be seen on the sidelines yucking it up when you're getting soundly thrashed........again. Getting caught with a gun in your vehicle twice in a state where gun laws are extremely strict, doesn't make you look good. Or smart. Maybe don't give up in the middle of a play and weakly just hold your arm out as a RB blows by you. How about trying to tackle somebody instead of ripping at the ball or slinging somebody down by their should pads. Soundly hit and tackle, the turn-overs will come. It's probably not a good idea to admit you've been looking past the regular season or that the mean people on Twitter hurt your feelings. HB, in case you're keeping score, yelling 'go sit on a dick' at opposing fans (While their team is knocking your defenses collective dick, in the dirt) probably wasn't a good idea. As much as us fans think all their fans SHOULD go sit on a dick, having one of the team leaders do it is a bad optic. Afterwards, jumping on social media, calling the guy who reported it a liar, just makes you look bad. For the record, most folks think you did it. It just embarrasses you and the team from the owner down.

I'm worried that Big Red has lost the team. Being a 'players coach' and expecting the veterans to police themselves and the locker room doesn't appear to be working with this group. Hitch, HB, and any other malcontent (Players and coaches know who they are) need to be brought under control. Now, quick, and in a hurry. Hunt and Reid need to call these two 'team leaders' into a meeting just like they did with Mahomes. If it were me, I would do the same with all the coaches. A fire needs to be lit if it isn't already too late.

We Chiefs fans have become spoiled in the last few years. We went from expecting mediocrity and losing for the last 30+ years to expecting to win every game. 5 AFCW titles. 3 AFC championship games at Arrowhead. 2 Super Bowls in a row. A great run by normal standards. Unfortunately, during the last 20 years we have seen Tom Brady go 7-3 in the Super Bowl. Love him or hate him, TB12 has had an amazing, unprecedented career that will never be replicated. Not by Patrick Mahomes. Not by anyone else. Heaping that kind of pressure on PM15 and the Chiefs is unfair and not realistic. It's funny what winning does to the expectations of a fanbase.

Sadly, I think the Chiefs need to be sellers this year. Shed some of the dead weight. I fully expect HB to be traded at the deadline for peanuts.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:16 AM 10-30-2021
Never a good idea to call out the fans, even if the comments have some truth. Ask Marcus Peters how that worked out for him.
[Reply]
thegame214 09:19 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Never a good idea to call out the fans, even if the comments have some truth. Ask Marcus Peters how that worked out for him.
He tweeted "lol" right when they announced his suspension and the world melted.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:19 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Trade him to Houston for Cooks.
The Rams have agreed to let DJax seek a trade...

https://www.nfl.com/news/desean-jack...play-this-week
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 AM 10-30-2021
Dude look at Mecole Hardman. He gets a ton of shit. Constantly inundated with DK Metcalf comments. Have yet to see him talk shit to anyone on social media. Just goes about his business fumbling the football and calling fair catches inside the 10.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:22 AM 10-30-2021
I appreciate what Badger did to help us win a Super Bowl and get back last year but it is time to move on.

Spags needs to simplify the defense immediately if he wants to save his job and Matthieu's value goes down if we play more like what Green Bay is doing now.

Green Bay isn't loaded with talent on D either and their linebackers are crap but they let their DL attack the QB and make it easy on their secondary.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:23 AM 10-30-2021
I would totally take DeSean Jackson. He’s been awesome as the 5th option for the Rams. Even at his age he’s way better than Mecole, D-Rob or Pringle
[Reply]
BossChief 09:26 AM 10-30-2021
No interest in Desean Jackson.

If that’s the alternative, I’d rather let the year play out and collect a comp pick after HB signs his 1 year deal in NO.

I wonder if we could get Michael Thomas for Tyrann.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 71
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up