ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 71
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
digger 07:59 AM 10-30-2021
One more reason why the Twitter is the worst place on the interwebs...

"I say nuke it from orbit just to be sure."
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:02 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I have no idea why Hitchens wasn't cut before the year started.

Whatever coach thought he was needed and told Veach he was a must keep should also be out the door.
I think Hitchens was basically uncuttable before the season because of his contract and the cap hit we would take.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:06 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I think Hitchens was basically uncuttable before the season because of his contract and the cap hit we would take.
Yup, him and Clark. Writing is on the wall that these guys are gone next year. We just have to put up with this for a few more months
[Reply]
wazu 08:06 AM 10-30-2021
What Hitchens said is whiney but ultimately forgettable, especially from such a forgettable player. But Honey Badger’s tweet is legacy-defining. Get the fuck out of here you soft bitch.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:07 AM 10-30-2021
He has never been good for us. It was a head scratcher at the time and time has done it no favors.
[Reply]
Papi 08:14 AM 10-30-2021
"You fans will never be satisfied.' Not a great sign when the fans are more hungry than the players. Obviously they don't have a dynasty mindset. And what nfl city outside of Cleveland doesn't have a "what have you done for me lately attitude"??
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:16 AM 10-30-2021
We would have saved about 6 million by cutting him.

And we could have used that money on a vet DL.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:17 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yeah, Hitch and HB can get the **** out after this season. **** em.

And Frank too. Not for being a little bitch like the above two, but for massively failing to live up to that HUGE contract he was given.

Thanks for the Super Bowl run, Frank. Nothing personal.
Why wait? They can go get fucked right now.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:19 AM 10-30-2021
Who the fuck is asking for an autograph from Hitchens?
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:21 AM 10-30-2021
Well, to be fair, Hitchens and his kids and their kids, etc. will also always have to live with the video of him running with his back to the play against Buffalo while the RB strolled for yards and yards and yards. So, they'll need that money to reconcile the ridicule.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:22 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Who the fuck is asking for an autograph from Hitchens?
Gotta be Iowa fans.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:23 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Gotta be Iowa fans.
We don't need idiots like that in our fan base.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 08:24 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
The Chiefs Defense is the 2nd highest paid in the NFL. The chiefs are paying their safeties more than any other team in the NFL.

Maybe the fans are right to expect more from that side of the ball.

Just sayin'

Chiefs: 70m for offense, 90m for Defense, 23m for Safeties

Chiefs' fans stuck around through a lot of crappy years, too many to be considered fair-weather.
Patriots fan here. I don't think just looking at salaries is a fair way to look at it.

One also needs to heavily factor in recent draft picks, especially ones still on rookie contracts or who haven't yet gotten expensive, since the draft allows you to get star players or valuable players for very inexpensive prices. How many of the premium picks selected on defense vs offense. Round 1 picks should be weighed more than round 2 picks which should be weighed more than round 3, et cetera. Even where a player is selected, showcases priorities on the team. For example, the Chiefs traded up for Mahomes and he really hasn't even started to become expensive. They obviously did great in doing so but the point is if you defense is heavily filled mostly with premium FA's it is going to be expensive and may under the best of circumstances just be slightly above average if you aren't drafting well on defense.

Chiefs in order to get Mahomes gave up 2 firsts and a 3rd. Again, it worked out great but decisions like that have forced the Chiefs to fill the gaps on defense with FAs and that is expensive to do so.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:25 AM 10-30-2021
Thanks Ty. Thanks Hitch.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...?partner=Yahoo

Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu has had a lot of success in his three years in Kansas City, but he doesn’t appear happy with the fans.

Mathieu and teammate Anthony Hitchens both posted comments on an Instagram post from a Chiefs fan account saying Chiefs fans should be more appreciative of what the team has accomplished.

“This might be one of the most toxic fan bases in all of sports,” Mathieu wrote on his verified Instagram account.

Mathieu was agreeing with Hitchens, who posted a comment defending himself after the Chiefs fan account listed Hitchens’ contract as one of the three worst moves from Chiefs General Manager Brett Veach.

“All we did was go to 3 AFC championship games and 2 Super Bowls and 1 SB win in my first 3 years here so far,” Hitchens wrote. “y’all fans will never be satisfied it’s sad!”

Mathieu and Hitchens both mixed it up with Chiefs fans in the Instagram comments. When a fan suggested to Mathieu that he’d be elsewhere next year, Mathieu replied, “somebody gon pay me. I’m too smart & im too good!”

When another fan wrote, “you’re paid millions of dollars to play a game,” Mathieu retorted, “you should have been a football player then.”
[Reply]
Spott 08:30 AM 10-30-2021
We might win this weekend, but the Broncos look like the only other team this defense can hold under 30 the rest of the year. Like a few others have said, this really is starting to feel like 98.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 71
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up