ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 167
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:04 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
So wait, you mean he's not going to Denver for some late 1sts and some 4th string players? What is GB thinking?
That's what I'm saying...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:12 PM 06-01-2021
According to this guy... it's not so much June1, but June 2nd. Either way, they should keep him.

"As former NFL agent Joel Corry – now a contract expert for CBS Sports – explained to The Athletic, the Packers could free up $16.05 million in salary cap space by trading Rodgers beginning Wednesday. The dead cap space would be one of the highest in NFL history at $21.152 million, but better than the alternative.

If a trade happened between the NFL Draft – when Rodgers’ trade wish first became well known – and the end of May, the Packers would’ve been on the hook for a record-setting $38.356 million dead cap charge."

https://nypost.com/2021/06/01/the-sc...aaron-rodgers/
[Reply]
Shields68 02:21 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Agreed. Gut feeling is they ride with him this year and if they fall short again, they roll with Love.
Yep, but they still need to find away to get Love enough reps and game experience to know what they have. Doubt they want to get a high first and not know if they need a QB or not.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:27 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Yep, but they still need to find away to get Love enough reps and game experience to know what they have. Doubt they want to get a high first and not know if they need a QB or not.
I still don’t know you would trade a superstar QB that had you almost in the Super Bowl to play a unproven rookie.. I wouldn’t do it.. Fuck that guy..
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:34 PM 06-01-2021
I still think this whole drama stems from that lackadaisical showing in '19 from Rodgers.

I remember then, after watching them get curb stomped in the NFCCG, that Rodgers had the body language and performance of someone who just didn't give a shit anymore.

I think that's what ultimately led to the Packers drafting Love.

What i find odd is that i haven't heard or read a single person mentioning it as a possible contributor.

I'm 100% convinced it was a MAIN contributor to the drafting of Love.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:47 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I still think this whole drama stems from that lackadaisical showing in '19 from Rodgers.

I remember then, after watching them get curb stomped in the NFCCG, that Rodgers had the body language and performance of someone who just didn't give a shit anymore.

What i find odd is that i haven't heard or read a single person mentioning it as a possible contributor.

It absolutely was. On top of that, I think the main reason he refocused himself and had such a great season this past year was to make the Packers look foolish and force his hand out of town.

The Packers went after Love because they 100% believed Rodgers' best days were behind him. There's no question about it. They never expected him to perform like he did last year. He basically threw a wrench in their best laid plans, and now he's making them squirm.

I laugh at both sides. They both deserve exactly what they're getting.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:54 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It absolutely was. On top of that, I think the main reason he refocused himself and had such a great season this past year was to make the Packers look foolish and force his hand out of town.

The Packers went after Love because they 100% believed Rodgers' best days were behind him. There's no question about it. They never expected him to perform like he did last year. He basically threw a wrench in their best laid plans, and now he's making them squirm.

I laugh at both sides. They both deserve exactly what they're getting.
I doubt they thought Rodgers best days were over, but they didn't have plans to give him another extension. He knows it and is making a stink to force it, whether it's in GB or somewhere else.

Love isn't a threat to replace him today but it's not a mistake that he is doing this right after winning MVP. His value will never be higher than right now.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:59 PM 06-01-2021
Rodgers is my new favorite player...Trolling the Doinks for leverage while giving their fans false hope is an excellent off-season gift.

The smoke will clear and Bridgewater will be their starting QB...after Lock fails again.

Packers arent trading their MVP QB...there is a reason it has never happened in NFL history. Manning was damaged goods hopped up on HGH...he had missed the previous season.

The only thing missing is for Fields to show potential once they bench Dalton....

After a 7-10 season...maybe they'll draft Miller's replacement. That should get their fans pumped...
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:01 PM 06-01-2021
I would rather have a pissed off Mahomes sitting at home. Than several future Viking(?) first rounders.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:24 PM 06-01-2021
Packers should just take all they can from Denver and move on. Love should eventually be the starter.

Maybe, they do it next year as they know what compensation they will get.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:29 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Packers should just take all they can from Denver and move on. Love should eventually be the starter.

And if Love fails...they will run the GM out of town.

Asking a player with no experience to follow a MVP QB is asking a lot...if Rodgers had stunk it up last year, it would be a different situation..

GB hasn't had a shitty QB in 29 years...their fans will expect a winning season immediately..
[Reply]
staylor26 06:52 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:

:-)
[Reply]
Oxford 10:53 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Don't see much to disagree with here, but as a matter of principal, he stays this year whether he plays or not. If he doesn't want to play, then put him on a reserve-did-not-report list. The fines can't be forgiven as in the past, then trade his ass to anywhere after the season. He's a drama queen. Talented player. Future HOF. Eff him
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 AM 06-02-2021
If I’m Rodgers I try like hell to get out of there next Spring. The Packers are good at building an OL.

After that nothing else.

I would push for Miami if I was him
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:42 AM 06-02-2021

Now in uniform, No. 9, Blake Bortles pic.twitter.com/XuEEReG0id

— Matt Schneidman (@mattschneidman) June 2, 2021

Checkmate, Aaron
[Reply]
Page 97 of 167
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Up