ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 51
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
Sure-Oz 11:43 AM 03-05-2020
@HBO: Look for the light.

@clmazin and @Neil_Druckmann to develop the series adaptation of #TheLastOfUs, coming soon to HBO: http://itsh.bo/thelastofus https://twitter.com/HBO/status/12356...572032/video/1

The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

MARCH 05, 2020 9:30AMby*Borys Kit, Patrick Shanley

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series*Chernobyl,*is reteaming with HBO adapt*The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions and it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Originally launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog’s*The Last of Us*garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the post-apocalypse centered on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be a key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.
Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel,*The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.
Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, “Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and*The Last of Us*is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I’m so honored to do it in partnership with Neil.”
“From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of*The Last of Us,” said Druckmann in a statement. “With*Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn’t think of better partners to bring the story of*The Last of Us*to life as a television show.”
Last of Us*won numerous “game of the year” awards and went on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and a remastered version on the PlayStation 4.
“This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and the teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life,” stated HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
“This is the first of many shows we intend to develop with our friends at PlayStation Productions,” said Chris Parnell, co-president of Sony Pictures Television Studios.*The Last of Us*is a brilliant achievement in storytelling and character development, and we are lucky to have the opportunity to work with this team to adapt it.”
Druckmann is a longtime vet of Naughty Dog, starting as a programming intern in 2004. In 2007, he was given the role of game designer on*Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first installment in the action adventure series. In 2013, he created*The Last of Us, based on a concept he developed as a student at Carnegie Mellon University.
Mazin’s*Chernobyl*tackled a bleak and complex true-life event and became a must-see show for HBO. The show won an Emmy for outstanding limited series and landed one for Mazin for outstanding writing. Mazin also won a PGA and a WGA Award.

Holy shit this is gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
srvy 08:16 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Neil Young said it best: "Old man, take a look at your life, you're a fucking moron..."

We're not talking about not watching an episode this week and watching it weeks later and the episode's being spoiled. We're talking about people giving away key plot arcs multiple episodes in the future or next season based on their knowledge of the video game. And not even in the context of a normal discussion but one based on his own political views.

Oh, the main character gets killed at the beginning of the next season? How in the world do I just scroll on by that without that impacting the experience of watching it going forward?

I love that you're such a complete moron that you compare it to learning that the zombies were caused by fungus. Most others here probably figured that out by the opening talk show segment in episode 1 but it's cool you had that "spoiled" based on this thread.

Police yourself, geriatrics.
Oh fuck you dipshit. If you think something is going to be spoiled for you don't go there. Is it a magnate that draws you to it? Are you a fly buzzing around a flame? Why does your entitled ass think someone had to protect you from reading a post that you yourself could do?

Fuck off with that shit human excrement.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:17 PM 01-25-2023
:-) didn't even realize Vlad actually spoiled THAT. Good fucking God, WHY?!?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:20 PM 01-25-2023
Why would anybody think that would be spoiled for them? Unless you're just being an obnoxious douchefuck, stuff like that is typically left in tags out of common courtesy especially since there's been plenty of folk in the thread that have already started they haven't played the games and are going in blind.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:28 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Oh fuck you dipshit. If you think something is going to be spoiled for you don't go there. Is it a magnate that draws you to it? Are you a fly buzzing around a flame? Why does your entitled ass think someone had to protect you from reading a post that you yourself could do?

Why would I assume something about a future season would be discussed in a thread about a TV show revolving around the current season?

How would you advise protecting yourself from reading a key future plot twist that you weren't aware of in a thread where people have no obvious reason to be discussing future plot twists from the video game?

Enlighten me. Tell me how this should be done. Walk me through it. I'm desperate to read your process here.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:35 PM 01-25-2023
:-) Actually reading all the tripe Vlad posted in the thread and it's impressive he managed to completely screw almost every 'woke' trait up he was screeching about which leads me to believe he didn't actually play the game.

Keeping it as spoiler free as possible

There IS a lesbian relationship that's woven pretty thickly into the narrative. Not overbearing at all, though.
The 'trans' character he threw a fit about isn't trans, just buff as fuck.
The trans character that actually is trans is by far one of the most interesting characters from TLOU2 and if they unfortunately do decide to adapt it faithfully at least that character will be a bright spot.
[Reply]
Fish 08:40 PM 01-25-2023

[Reply]
Stryker 08:41 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Spoilers happen accidentally and I get it. No tears there. But this guy is spoiling it for people in the context of making a political point and then - when it’s pointed out what he’s done - he doesn’t delete the original post or anything but rather says we’re all children and to fuck off.
Wow what a shame :-)

It is not exactly like the game which makes it actually better - would never unveil spoilers but it is going in a direction that makes it completely acceptable.
For those who are catching up or have not watched, IT IS NOT A ZOMBIE series - it is a SURVIVOR STORY and a relationship building series. Hope that helps followers to continue to watch.
[Reply]
srvy 08:50 PM 01-25-2023
Why don't you have any self-control? Why do you expect that there won't be someone giving away a plot in a thread full of people you don't know? There is always someone posting shit that giveaway a plot in just about all of these things. If you are such a simpleton and afraid that someone will spoil it for you why even go to this thread until you have seen all the series. Protect yourself entitled lil tike nobody should have to do it for you.

Hey I bet you can probably happen on a game tread here or anywhere that will give away the plot also.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:53 PM 01-25-2023
Why don't you have any self-control? Why do you expect that there won't be someone giving away a plot in a thread full of people you don't know? There is always someone posting shit that giveaway a plot in just about all of these things. If you are such a simpleton and afraid that someone will spoil it for you why even go to this thread until you have seen all the series. Protect yourself entitled lil tike nobody should have to do it for you.

Hey I bet you can probably happen on a game tread here or anywhere that will give away the plot also.
Please tell me you're trolling and your actual opinion isn't "fuck off, I have the right to ruin others' enjoyment."

This forum has done a great job self policing spoilers over the years. If you aren't able to deal with that, you're welcome to get out.
[Reply]
srvy 08:54 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Oh shit our resident Einstein who plays a scientist on CP by night and a Geek Squad tech by day caught a spelling mistake darn I feel so silly.
[Reply]
backinblack 09:00 PM 01-25-2023
guy stomping around and throwing his building blocks all over in a thread for a show he's probably not even watching calls other people toddlers
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:01 PM 01-25-2023

You mental midget. You compared this to the GDT for someone who was working and watched the game on delay and then felt betrayed by the GDT. Explain that comparison.

Luckily based on your boozy language I'm going to just assume that you're drunk and can't string together sentences or logical thought.

I can't imagine how many trains ran off the track if this is your basis of sound reasoning as an alleged engineer.
[Reply]
dmahurin 09:06 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Actually reading all the tripe Vlad posted in the thread and it's impressive he managed to completely screw almost every 'woke' trait up he was screeching about which leads me to believe he didn't actually play the game.

Keeping it as spoiler free as possible

There IS a lesbian relationship that's woven pretty thickly into the narrative. Not overbearing at all, though.
The 'trans' character he threw a fit about isn't trans, just buff as fuck.
The trans character that actually is trans is by far one of the most interesting characters from TLOU2 and if they unfortunately do decide to adapt it faithfully at least that character will be a bright spot.
He admitted he didn't play it. He wrongfully formed opinions based on other people's opinions from 'leaks' that turned out to be partially wrong anyways. Lev is awesome and hopefully is portrayed well
[Reply]
Fish 09:08 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by backinblack:
guy stomping around and throwing his building blocks all over in a thread for a show he's probably not even watching calls other people toddlers
His old angry ass has done this in multiple media threads.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:11 PM 01-25-2023
Walking back into this thread be like

[Reply]
Page 15 of 51
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up